RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Missing Caravan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[OoC: That is Piper at H19 and he was delaying until someone (likely Betimi because she's next in initiative order) did something. Eek is at E17 and Meek is at E19.]

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Forge has his arms full holding the only light source, thanks to Gilley, and in the other arm he holds a dog. (what kind I wonder?) He does manage to recognize the defensive spell that Unreth casted and he mouthed the words, "Shield spell."

With his options limited and seeing the small kobolds he was instructed to protect about to be swept away by the rising waters he tells them, "Kobolds, hang on to me."  He looks to the others for what their next action is now that their foe has seemingly surrendered. (Sense Motive?) He will step to the side so the others will have clear shots on Unreth.

Spellcraft = 22

OoC - Nice maps by the way, I didn't know you did them on Roll20. I especially like the garden gnome gninja. <--- See that, word smithing!
"We will no more accept your surrender than you would ours. We will simply give you the decency of choosing not to eat you. A better fate thabn you had planned for us."

With that Betimi hurls another shard of carapace, missing wildly.

[Attack: Thrown Crystal +5 att, +2 Bard song, +1 Haste, -2 Range [1d20+6] = 5+6 = 11]
((Yeah, it totally just ate my post too  Angry Angry ))

Quote:Tomeal takes a chance and throws his Great Sword [Full Round Action] but he misses and his sword falls into the water!  "DAMMMIT!!!"

Selina stoops into the rising water to retrieve her crossbow and hand it, and her bolts, to Tomeal.  "Here, brave one, I've heard this works quite well.  Though I do pray to the goddess you have far more luck with it than I."  That being done, she tightens her grip on the straps to her shield and stares down the pile of filth before her.

Quote:At this point Unreth is barely hanging onto the ceiling.  He looks back at his escape route to see it has collapsed and it was unlikely something his size could squeeze through.  He could try to run past Piper but with the haste everyone would likely get a couple of shots off at him and he would likely be dead.  So Unreth does the only thing he can do... He casts a spell and then begin's groveling.  "Please!  Please!  Unreth gives up!  Please let me live!  Unreth not harm Kobolds again!"  Meanwhile the water keeps rising...

Selina's stare of pure, vicious rage freezes on cold determination as she resumes her focus on the abomination.  "Creature.  On what intelligible plane would you deserve any sort of mercy?  You have destroyed an entire tribe of kobolds, who likely wanted nothing more than to live in peace, in addition to endangering the lives of goddess knows how many others.  You are nothing but a bully.  You push around those weaker than you, until you come upon someone or something far stronger, and then curl up into a fetal position and reveal yourself to be the coward that you are.  I have no mercy or pity to spare for an abomination such as you."
(04-27-2017, 08:46 PM)Forge Wrote: [ -> ]OoC - Nice maps by the way, I didn't know you did them on Roll20.  I especially like the garden gnome gninja. <--- See that, word smithing!

[OoC: Gninja  Tongue

I originally added the dots and squares with MSPaint.  But a while ago, a DM of mine who is really good at using Roll20 got me interested in the program.  I've been waiting for him to show me how to set up a game but neither of us have been able to find a good time to get together.  After the last failed attempt to get together he mentioned that there are Tutorials on YouTube.  So I combined what little I remembered from playing, with the Tutorials and came up with the last map I made.  I am only using the free version right now so there's no Line-Of-Site or Illumination but it does plenty.  My friend and I are planning on sharing the cost of his Roll20 which is only $10 a month, which does have all the bells and whistles so I hope that will be happening soon.  He just needs to give me his password.  It will be cool to actually give Forge a torch that actually lights up an area and tag Betimi so she can actually use her 60' Darkvision. ]

[OoC2: when Unreth is on the ceiling there is enough room for you to not have to worry about companions accidentally giving cover. ]

[Continuing Round 8...]

24 = Jonath
22 = Tomeal 
20 = Nacesh
18 = Unreth
14 = Betimi
13 = Piper
12 = Friendly Kobolds (2)
08 = Forge
07 = Selina
06 = Gilley
02 = Dog

Piper delays...

After a quick monologue that includes assuring Unreth that he wouldn't be eaten, [Was anyone thinking that eating Unreth was an option?  (Looks at Betimi suspiciously...  Confused  )] Betimi fires off another scarab shell but she completely misses.  

Piper decides to take Betimi's response as a call to action.  There was a still a little bit of time left on his Inspire courage (I think 3 round left/ 2 after this action) but Unreth had moved back out of Piper's line of sight so he couldn't be targeted with another spell.  With the water already being slightly over 2' deep and quickly rising, Piper knew he would be swept away in the current.  Eek and Meek were barely balancing on stalactites that fell from the ceiling and were going to soon lose their battle with the rising waters too.  So, Piper raises his arms out to his sides like he was imitating wings and then calls out a word of magic.  Suddenly as his body shrinks, Pipers scales turn black as shadow.  Wings quickly sprout from his back and in seconds he appears as a tiny, shadowy black, dragon.  Piper lets out a surprisingly loud but cute roar, then flaps his new wings and takes off into the air and flies around behind Nacesh.  [Spellcraft DC17 to know Piper cast Alter Self.]

Eek and Meek both decide to take their last shots.  Eek hurls a sling bullet at Unreth and with a yelp of pain, it strikes him in the chest! [Hit!; Dam 2! Minimum  Dodgy ] Then Meek fires a bullet at the Beast and it too causes Unreth to cry out in frustration and pain as tiny welts form on the skin of his chest and shoulder. [Hit!; Dam 2! Minimum again!  Angry ]  [Death by a 1000 pokes!  Tongue ]  Eek and Meek then drop their slings and throw their arms around Forge's neck.  Both seem to struggle as if fighting to get on top of Forge's head!

Forge struggles to keep the Dog in his arms and the Kobold's balanced on his shoulders.  Through this juggling act, he manages to mouth(?) the words, "Shield spell."  [I guess spot checks to see if you notice him mouthing the words?]

Selina searches the swirling waters for her crossbow and when she finds it she hands it to Tomeal.  He thanks her for the weapon, replying, "With your blessing, I will..."

Gilley fires off an arrow that punctures Unreth's shoulder.  He roars in pain as blood from all his wounds drip into the water below him.  The giant spider yells, "Mercy!  Please!!"  But Gilley does not stop.  He fires off his second hasted shot.  It pierces Unreth's Abdomen.  The Beast tries to hold onto the ceiling but too much blood is lost.  One by one his legs unattached from the ceiling until Unreth is hanging from one leg.  Then finally it too releases its grip, causing Unreth's limp body to splash into the water below.  Twitching, the spider begins floating toward you all as it's pulled by the current in the direction of the glowing wall.  As the spider's body floats closer and closer, Eeek and Meek begin to shriek in terror, sure that Unreth was coming for them!

Tomeal takes this time to retrieve his Masterwork Great Sword...

The tiny shadow dragon yells over the water, "Your best bet is the portal.  Their seems to be air, albeit stinky air, on the other side.  If you want to look for another way, I can try to lead you out but I make no promises."

With water up to his bearded chin, Jonath adds, "Yes, lets make a decision.  Quick.... <Gurgle> Quickly!"

[OoC3: Map updated.  Please notice that there is a darker bar making it's way across the light blue line that indicates the portal.  When that portal is covered by the dark blue line, it will be difficult to use the portal for any kind of escape route!]
OoC - Okay, poor choice of words Tongue (Mouth)

Forge struggles with all the little creatures crawling all over him and a memory of an old woman carrying three tiny babies while shopping in the market comes forth.  Seeing the creature fall to the ground gave Forge a sense of relief.  Mission accomplished.  Even better than seeing it fall was seeing it float.  "It is safe now, climb aboard."  He orders the kobolds as he reaches out to hook one of Unreth's curled legs with the torch in an attempt to steady the spider-boat.  

Somehow Forge was able to notice the Alter Self spell that the magic kobold cast.  The little dragon was not an enemy.
Spellcraft = 21

OoC - how cool would it be if we could stomp on his neck and webbing could shoot out for mooring our boat or making rigging?
Selina stashes the wand and draws her morningstar, swinging it around and slamming it onto the spider's carapace. If it had been alive before...hopefully it was not anymore.  She then turns to the portal and hesitates briefly, knowing how little time they had, before calling out. "Everyone move!  To the portal!"

She will go through the portal last, giving anyone who tries to convince her otherwise a piercing state and a nod of her head back at it.
(04-28-2017, 01:05 PM)Forge Wrote: [ -> ]OoC - Okay, poor choice of words Tongue (Mouth)

OoC - how cool would it be if we could stomp on his neck and webbing could shoot out for mooring our boat or making rigging?

[OoC:  Yeah, I was wondering why Forge would just mouth the words and not just tell everyone.  Tongue

OoC2: If that were possible, everyone would want to give it a try.  That would be a silly reason to drown.  Tongue 

OoC3: I'll consider Selina's attack on the bastard a coup de grace!  Angry   

OoC4:  It was amazing how quickly you all took Unreth out without his defensive spells. You all had knocked him down to about half hit points before Piper got lucky with his Dispel Magic.  Then you ripped him a new one in two rounds!  Not bad for a group of 1st and 2nd level characters.  I think it's because everyone's stats are so huge.  Which I'm happy about because it means I can put you up against more powerful creatures so your level advancements are quicker than in most other PbP games.  Advancement can be so slow --Too Slow-- in PbP.  

OoC4:  Speaking of advancement, I'll be giving everyone their Experience shortly!   Cool ]

Being the Professional Acquisitioner that he is, Jonath will remind the group, between gurgles, to quickly search Unreth's body.  Unreth was cowardly and probably greedy.  He likely carried much of his treasure with him to keep the Kobolds from stumbling upon his stash.  

When Eek and Meek gingerly climbed onto Unreth's body/raft and then heard Jonath's suggestion, they begin to quickly rummage around Unreth's body for anything their little claws could snatch.  The shadow dragon tells them to give whatever they find to the group.  If it weren't for the Company of Stalwart Adventurers, Unreth would still be alive and Eek and Meek could have been snacks.  The Kobold's nod and then continue their search albeit with a little less enthusiasm.
[OoC: I've updated everyone's >> Experience Points <<.  Everyone gained a level except Jonath.  Nacesh was only 70xp's off from his next level so I'm lending it to him so he can level up at the same time as everyone else.  

This kind of reminds me of an old comic from one of the Dragon magazines that had someone bursting into a Tavern and scream, "THERE'S A BARBARIAN COMING THAT'S ONLY 10XP AWAY FROM HIS NEXT LEVEL.  RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!"  Tongue ]
"Good idea Forge! Jonath, grab onto Unreth, climb on if you can. Eek, Meek, do the same. Forge bring Unreth with us, we can search him after. Follow me." 

She nods at Selina once briefly. then draws a shard in one hand and her mace in another and steps through the portal...

[OoC and straight into a wall of frog men with spears I bet...]