RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Missing Caravan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OoC 1: Sorry for my absence, I was at a wedding Saturday and recovering from said wedding yesterday. I tell myself I won't drink like that again but I know that's not true Smile

OoC 2: How deep is the water now and does it look like the kobolds or the dog need help in the water?

Forge, holding the torch up so everyone can see, fishes around below the rushing water for another rock to throw at Unreth.  (If he finds one.) He hurls the rock at the monster still clinging to the ceiling.  

[url=[1d20+3] = 5+3 = 8 rock, [1d4+5] = 3+5 = 8 damage]Rock[/url]
(04-24-2017, 12:39 PM)Forge Wrote: [ -> ]OoC 1: Sorry for my absence, I was at a wedding Saturday and recovering from said wedding yesterday.  I tell myself I won't drink like that again but I know that's not true Smile  

OoC 2: How deep is the water now and does it look like the kobolds or the dog need help in the water?

Forge, holding the torch up so everyone can see, fishes around below the rushing water for another rock to throw at Unreth.  (If he finds one.) He hurls the rock at the monster still clinging to the ceiling.  

[url=[1d20+3] = 5+3 = 8 rock, [1d4+5] = 3+5 = 8 damage]Rock[/url]

[OoC1: No problem.  Glad to have you back. :Smile

[OoC2:  At this point the water is about 2' and rising about 2" every round.  The only two Kobolds still above water are Eek and Meek.  They found one of the stalactites which fell from the ceiling to stand on which gives them 1 extra foot of height.  This means their heads are 1'4" above water.  Jonath's head is 1'8" above water.  So this means the Kobolds and Jonath are just barely holding on and we will say that when their heads are only 1' above the water they must start swimming.  So at the current rate the water is rising the Kobolds have 2 rounds and Jonath has 4 rounds before swim checks will be required.  The Dog is swimming against the current and it's only a matter of time before he either fails a swim check and begins to drown or gets pulled by the current through the portal but that isn't certain either because of the strange stiffening of the water on the surface of the glowing wall that could block the water from pouring into the other dimension at any second.  I should point out that if that portal gets blocked, the water levels will start rising a lot faster.] 

[OoC3: So are you attacking Unreth or helping someone?  I will allow you to reroll your attack if you want to attack.]
OoC: Forge will grab the dog so it doesn't drown. 

"Come dog!"  He calls to the little canine as he goes to pick it up.

[url=[1d20+0] = 20+0 = 20 Handle Animal]Handle Animal[/url] 

(Lol rolled a 20, can I throw the dog at Unreth's face? Consider it "pushing" the animal to do something it wasn't trained to do, like shot-putting it.)
((That would make Selina very unhappy. She's taken an immense liking to the pup))
[OoC think you may need more time and a few more Handle Animal checks to train the dog the Wolverine canonball maneuver as a trick to pair with your Colossus throw lol]
(04-24-2017, 08:35 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ][OoC think you may need more time and a few more Handle Animal checks to train the dog the Wolverine canonball maneuver as a trick to pair with your Colossus throw lol]

OoC: So you're telling me there's a chance... Yeah! Dumb and Dumber
[OoC:  I LOST MY WHOLE POST!!!  Angry  I'm going to sum this up quickly then...  I made all the rolls already.  They are on The Unseen Servant if you would like to see them.]

24 = Jonath
22 = Tomeal 
20 = Nacesh
19 = Not so Friendly Kobolds (???)
18 = Unreth
17 = Piper
13 = Betimi
12 = Friendly Kobolds (2)
08 = Forge
07 = Selina
06 = Gilley
02 = Dog 

Jonath puts away his staff and then pulls out his crossbow.  [Two move actions.]

Tomeal takes a chance and throws his Great Sword [Full Round Action] but he misses and his sword falls into the water!  "DAMMMIT!!!"

Nacesh fires two twinkling motes of light out of his wand which quickly smash into Unreth! [9 total damage]

At this point Unreth is barely hanging onto the ceiling.  He looks back at his escape route to see it has collapsed and it was unlikely something his size could squeeze through.  He could try to run past Piper but with the haste everyone would likely get a couple of shots off at him and he would likely be dead.  So Unreth does the only thing he can do... He casts a spell and then begin's groveling.  "Please!  Please!  Unreth gives up!  Please let me live!  Unreth not harm Kobolds again!"  Meanwhile the water keeps rising...

[DC 16 Spellcraft check to determine what spell it was he cast.  If you succeed you know he cast a Shield spell.]

Piper delays to see what you all do...

[OoC:  Betimi, Forge, Selina, Gilley and the Dog's turns. ]
[OoC: Even though the combat is almost done, I was messing around with Roll20 and came up with a new map.  I hope you can see your avatars.  Some tokens like the Dog and Piper might be hard to see but they are represented on the map.  ]

In case you are having trouble seeing where your avatar is, I've written out their coordinates.  I hope that's where you all are suppose to be located.  Let me know if you are suppose to be somewhere else.  

D18 = Jonath
C18 = Tomeal 
C19 = Nacesh
E17 & E19 = Friendly Kobolds
D13 = Unreth
H19 = Piper
E20 = Betimi
E18 = Forge & Dog
C17 = Selina
D20 = Gilley

[I updated the map to zoom in a little closer.]
Gilley narrows his eyes. He speaks, but not to Unreth. "Pick a direction. We need to get out, now."

Pulling his bow string back, and again uses his speed to let two arrows fly at the spider-creature, over Jonath's head.

Longbow Attack +3 spell bonus [1d20+8] = 16+8 = 24
((Minus whatever for shooting over someone's head))

Longbow Attack +3 spell bonus [1d20+8] = 17+8 = 25
((Ditto))

Longbow Damage +2 for Haste [1d8+2] = 2+2 = 4

Longbow Damage +2 for Haste [1d8+2] = 1+2 = 3
(04-24-2017, 12:39 PM)Forge Wrote: [ -> ]OoC 2: How deep is the water now and does it look like the kobolds or the dog need help in the water?

OOC - Half a ton of iron saving reptilians and a golden retriever from water? What a world... Smile

"We are not in a mood to believe your foul words," Nacesh replies in a spiteful tone, while trying to figure out what his spell was.
Spellcraft for Unreth's spell: [1d20+7] = 6+7 = 13
Nacesh has no idea whatsoever about what Unreth had cast but he can second guess.... Now he had two options: stash wand and load crossbow, or use the wand and move. In the first case, he cannot move and has no chance to let an attack loose, so doesn't matter what the spell is. In the second case, he can move and if that spell wasn't a Shield then even damage Unreth. So what to lose? He moves to fires... just to see that the two bolts fizzle in a shower of sparks off Unreth's shield. So it was a Shield spell after all. Then, while moving to the east, he stashes his wand and lends a hand to the kobold next to him.

OOC - move to D19 (move action because of difficult terrain, water and stuff) while storing either the wand or the crossbow; can't remember if storing during move works the same way as drawing? then offers a way to escape water for the kobold at E19.
Reading between the lines, Eek and Meek are on H19 and are not friendly (indifferent at best)?