RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Missing Caravan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-25-2017, 11:04 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]...
I'm curious what the range increments with crystals? I would look on your character sheet but for some reason Mythweavers won't let me.

I finally found the crystal online and it says:

Quote:The shard is a light slashing weapon, dealing 1d4 points. It has a critical range of 19-20/x2 and a throwing range of 20'. Upon a successful hit, the carapace dissolves within the target, dealing an extra 1d6 points of acid damage. These shards do not last for more than 1 round after being removed from the scarab, but it is able generate them at a steady pace of once per round. Drawing a carapace shard is treating like drawing a dagger.

You rolled 1d6 for damage but the above information states the crystal does 1d4 damage. Is your crystal different due to a feat or Larje? ]

[OoC: I did not get the information from online, but from the Magic of Eberron sourcebook..  page 157.  In that book it is listed as range increment 20' and 1d6 slashing damage, critical 19-20/x2   + the 1d6 acid damage. I am not sure what source you found online.
You can view the pdf of the Magic of Eberron here: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=D8196327A...15&o=OneUp

As for her character sheet it looks like when Myth-weavers messed up they removed the permissions I had on her sheet. Originally I had her sheet as private but with permission for you to view it. I xcan try and get that set up again. What is your Myth-weavers username?]
[OoC: Is there any errata for magic of Eberron?]

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
(02-26-2017, 07:10 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: Is there any errata for magic of Eberron?]

[OoC a search for Magic of Eberron errata revealed nothing relating to the symbionts. In fact only result was for a removing of some Dal Quori fluff text from some other entries to allow them to be compatible with games that had no-Eberron.]
[OoC this page on Wizards lists all teh official 3.5 and 3.0 errata documents. http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/errata]
Alright. Thanks for checking. The difference isn't a big deal but I was curious why the site got that part wrong. Just a typo in guess.

(02-27-2017, 01:42 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Alright.  Thanks for checking. The difference isn't a big deal but I was curious why the site got that part wrong.  Just a typo in guess.

[OoC it may be something that that particular DM house-ruled. If you want to houserule the same I have no issues. It's not like it scales with level and the difference statistically between a single d6 and d4 is pretty small.]
No... I don't think there's any danger in destroying game balance by leaving the damage at 1d6. [emoji14]

(02-26-2017, 04:54 AM)Gilley Wrote: [ -> ]Gilley watches as projectiles bounces away from the spider, then notices Forge creeping up underneath. Figuring the metal man probably had a plan, Gilley glances in the direction of Betimi and her kobold targets for a second while drawing his bow. Looking back at Unreth, he aims and shoots at the spider, hoping to keep it distracted from Forge.

Longbow: 1d20+5 20

Damage: 1d8 2 ((Not that I'll need damage, since it'll bounce, but just in case...))

Ooc - How can you miss? The damn thing is as big as an elephant! Smile
(02-28-2017, 07:21 PM)Forge Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2017, 04:54 AM)Gilley Wrote: [ -> ]Gilley watches as projectiles bounces away from the spider, then notices Forge creeping up underneath. Figuring the metal man probably had a plan, Gilley glances in the direction of Betimi and her kobold targets for a second while drawing his bow. Looking back at Unreth, he aims and shoots at the spider, hoping to keep it distracted from Forge.

Longbow: 1d20+5 20

Damage: 1d8 2 ((Not that I'll need damage, since it'll bounce, but just in case...))

Ooc - How can you miss? The damn thing is as big as an elephant! Smile
[OoC1: Just a reminder that the entire area is considered difficult terrain so movement costs are doubled.  This means that Betimi [30'move] can only move as far as G19 (not H19) and Forge [20'move] can move to C15 (not C14).

[OoC2: Resolving Betimi's attack...]

When the crystal slices into the first Kobold, it screams and hunches over at the waist with one of its arms covering the wound.  A little blood trickles from it's mouth as he teeters on his feet.  The crystal ricochets and buries itself in the second kobold.  The creature cries out in pain and stares at the wound as it begins sizzling as his flesh dissolves.  His eyes then roll back in his head and his body crumbles to the ground.  The dust is starting to settle.  

[ can now see with her Darkvision more Kobolds rushing toward you.  They are located at: I13, K16, L18, N19, L22, N22, K23.  I will update the map in the morning.]

Forge moves over the rubble to get to one of the support beams.  [Double Move action] [Forge may attack one of the beams with the torch next round.]

Gilley fires off an arrow at Unreth.  The shield spell briefly lights up but this time cracks and fades as her arrow penetrates its protection but then suddenly defects off another barrier that briefly appears more like armor than a shield, then it too fades.  A guttural cackling sound fills the chamber.  The beast hisses, "Unreth ready for meats this time...  Underestimate yous again Unreth won'ts!"  

While hiding behind Selina, something catches the dogs attention to the east.  It's ears perk up and it's head tilts slightly for a second before beginning to growl and bark menacingly.  Anyone who cares to look doesn't see anything. 

Quote:FYI: For anyone wishing to roll a spellcraft check [trained only], DC21 to learn what the second barrier is... See spoiler for result
[OoC: It's probably not much of a surprise but he also has an Armor spell active. ]

[OoC: It's now Jonath and Tomeal's turns...]  
I'll wait until morning to see if Jonath posts.  If he doesn't then I will move on.  
[ To update you a little... You are running toward two one kobold (at J18) who is barely teetering on his feet.  But with your darkvision you can see more kobolds moving towards you. They are located at: I13, K16, L18, N19, L22, N22, K23]

Initiatives:

24 = Jonath
22 = Tomeal 
20 = Nacesh
19 = Not so Friendly Kobolds (???)
18 = Unreth
17 = Selina
13 = Betimi
12 = Friendly Kobolds (2)
09 = Good Kobolds
08 = Forge
06 = Gilley