RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Missing Caravan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[OoC: Still waiting for Salina, Gilley and Forge's moves...  ]
"I have him Commander!" Forge yells as he slings Tomeal over his shoulder with one arm to carry him out of harms way.  (Using total defense +4AC and move closer to Jonath and the dog)

- How heavy is Tomeal, did he eat breakfast this morning?

17 strength carry capacity 
Light Load
86 lb. or less

Medium Load
87-173 lb.

Heavy Load
174-260 lb.
"Kinda dealing with kobolds here, love!" Unable to disengage without risking getting hit, he continues his assault.

((Attacking kobold at E21))

Longsword Attack [1d20+6] = 20+6 = 26

Longsword Damage [1d8+6] = 8+6 = 14

Gilley turns toward Unreth once again, putting away his sword and pulling out his bow. Looking over the situation, he yells "I don't have a clear shot." Indeed, Jonath and Selina are both between him and the monster.

((Since I had to switch weapons, I can't take a second attack.))
(04-15-2017, 01:37 PM)Gilley Wrote: [ -> ]"Kinda dealing with kobolds here, love!" Unable to disengage without risking getting hit, he continues his assault.

Gilley turns toward Unreth once again, putting away his sword and pulling out his bow. Looking over the situation, he yells "I don't have a clear shot." Indeed, Jonath and Selina are both between him and the monster.

{OoC Betimi goes before Gilley in the turn order and she attacked the kobold at E21 as well.. pretty sure it was already toast before Gilley's turn.. so you may want to reconsider your action}
(04-16-2017, 12:06 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-15-2017, 01:37 PM)Gilley Wrote: [ -> ]"Kinda dealing with kobolds here, love!" Unable to disengage without risking getting hit, he continues his assault.

{OoC Betimi goes before Gilley in the turn order and she attacked the kobold at E21 as well.. pretty sure it was already toast before Gilley's turn.. so you may want to reconsider your action}
((If that kobold is already dead, I will instead pull out my bow and shoot Unreth))

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
[OoC: I will be hopefully continuing with the combat either tomorrow morning or early afternoon.  If I haven't heard from everyone I will assume the action is to delay until Forge has moved Tomeal and then to heal him with the want of cure light wounds that Piper gave the group.  In the meantime I will add this...]

[OoC2: are the modifiers for the rolls you made with your Longsword the same if you use your Bow?]

From within the glowing wall of cool bluish light the end of a rusty rake suddenly thrusts out and nearly smacks the Kobold in the back of the head. [Miss! By one! ]  The rake then swings quickly back and forth in a small erratic zig-zag pattern making the Kobold duck and weave to avoid the tool before it gets pulled back inside the glowing wall.  An instant later a strange frog/human face pokes its head out through the barrier and as soon as it sees the combat carrying on (especially with a giant spider) just feet away from it, it gasps, "YOI! Whas haffennin ear!?!"   The head and face is greenish-brown and while its shape resembles a frog's it's face is large and humanish.
(04-15-2017, 12:18 PM)Forge Wrote: [ -> ]"I have him Commander!" Forge yells as he slings Tomeal over his shoulder with one arm to carry him out of harms way.  (Using total defense +4AC and move closer to Jonath and the dog)

- How heavy is Tomeal, did he eat breakfast this morning?

17 strength carry capacity 
Light Load
86 lb. or less
Medium Load
87-173 lb.
Heavy Load
174-260 lb.

[OoC: In my Signature, under "Some Helpful Links" there is a link (the only link) to a Carrying Capacity Calculator.  With a 17 strength it says you can drag, 1300 pounds.  Unless Tomeal ate almost an entire cow for breakfast, Forge can drag him.   Tongue  His weight with all his equipment and some other people's equipment would be around 230 pounds.

Where do you plan to move Tomeal?]
[Round 6 continued...]

[OoC: I believe the only way you can shoot Unreth is if you drop your sword to the ground (free action) then pull out your longbow (move action).  To sheath your sword is unfortunately also a move action.  Are you ok with dropping your sword?  To pick the sword up later is a move action.  I will assume you do drop your sword.  If you want to change this just let me know. ]

24 = Jonath
22 = Tomeal 
20 = Nacesh
19 = Not so Friendly Kobolds (???)
18 = Unreth
17 = Piper
13 = Betimi
12 = Friendly Kobolds (2)
08 = Forge
07 = Selina
06 = Gilley
02 = Dog 

Salina delays...

Betimi swings for the Kobold standing between her and the wall of light but sidesteps her mace.  But then she spins around and crashes her weapon across his jaw which snaps it with a loud crack.  The Kobold's eye cross and then he falls into the water unconscious.

The friendly kobolds were at a loss at what to do.  One drops his Sling and moves [to E19] toward one of the unfriendly Kobolds while pulling out his spear.  He then stabs the pointy end into his brethren's shoulder and yells, "Give up!  I not want to hurt you!"  The Kobold cries in pain and then drops his spear in submission.  "I not want to fight you either brother."  The second friendly Kobold also drops his sling in favor of his spear.  He moves [to E17] then stabs at to Kobold who follows Unreth.  He misses but says, "Please surrender before Unreth gets you killed!"  But the other Kobold yells back, "But he's our leader..."  [FYI: Soon his reply, the dog takes him out.  See below.]

Forge grabs one of Tomeal's arms and drags the wounded warrior's body away from Unreth to rest beside Nacesh [to C18 and Forge is at B19].

Selina moves with Forge [to B18] [30' move due to haste spell].  Retrieves her wand of Cure light wounds [Move Action].  Then using the command word, she touches Tomeal.  Suddenly his breathing leaves out and he opens his eyes slowly to see Selina staring down at him.  "Hello beautiful," he says weakly.  "Was I gone long?" [6 hit points cured]  Selina does a quick assessment and realizes quickly that Tomeal is only just barely conscious.

Gilley drops his sword and then swiftly readies his bow.  Then with a single fluid motion he draws an arrow and then lets it loose at Unreth.  The beast shrieks in pain as the arrow shatters both barriers and ignores the creature's Blur spell (again)! [10 Damage!]  [Critical is not confirmed  Sad ]  

The dog growls and leaps at another Kobold [F18] and drags it to the ground too! [8 Damage!]

Remember Wrote:
When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding. The attack is made using the creature’s full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a weapon of speed, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you can’t use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round.)

A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses.

All of the hasted creature’s modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a maximum of twice the subject’s normal speed using that form of movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects the creature’s jumping distance as normal for increased speed.

Inspire Courage: Everyone receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

With both Haste and Inspire Courage you gain +3 attack; +2 damage; +1 AC and Reflex saves; +2 bonus on saves vs Charm and Fear.  If you make a Full attack you gain an additional attack.  Speed increases by 30' up to twice your normal speed. 

[OoC: It's now Jonath, Tomeal and Nacesh's turns!! ]

[OoC: The white squares on the map are Kobolds who have given up.  They both happen to be at exactly 0 hit points too. ]
[Moving on to Round 7...]

24 = Jonath
22 = Tomeal 
20 = Nacesh
18 = Unreth
17 = Piper
13 = Betimi
08 = Forge
07 = Selina
06 = Gilley
02 = Dog 

A crashing sound drowns out the din of combat and suddenly a torrent of water surges into the area.  The water nearly bowls everyone over and Tomeal, who's laying on his back gets covered in the deluge! [Small creatures must make a DC 10 Balance check or be knocked down!]  Those kobolds who are unconscious are now drowning!  Jonath barely manages to keep his footing [Rolled 11].  The frog-like humanoid who's peeking through the glowing wall is nearly knocked on his ass by the wave of water exploding over him as it rushes through the portal.

[OoC:  Three kobolds who are hiding under Unreth get knocked off their feet from the torrent of water.  One of the (white blocked ) Kobolds are knocked off his feet and overcome by the water and begins to float away...]

Jonath yells, "This water is only going to get deeper!  Does anyone have a plan?"
Piper yells, "There might be a way to escape this way!"  He points toward the passage north of him.

Jonath sloshes through the water [to G18] past the kobold and avoids his attack of opportunity. [Miss!]  Now that he's flanking the kobold with Betimi, he flurries with his Quarterstaff.  Both strikes hit!  The first knocks the Kobold senseless but before he can fall, Jonath spins around and jams the tip of his staff through the poor creature's eye, killing him instantly!  [Hit! 21; Damage: 7!; Hit! 18; Damage: 11!; Kobold is -16!; Damage included Two Sneak Attacks!]

Tomeal has no trouble standing [Balance: Result of 17; Move action] and immediately moves toward Unreth [To C17] and pulls out his greatsword [Part of a move action]
"Stay behind me," Tomeal yells to Selina over the roar of the water.  "I'll guard you!" 

Nacesh's turn...  

[OoC: If I don't hear from Nacesh by around noon tomorrow I will have to continue on and will do his action for him.]

Remember Wrote:
When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding. The attack is made using the creature’s full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a weapon of speed, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you can’t use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round.)

A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses.

All of the hasted creature’s modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a maximum of twice the subject’s normal speed using that form of movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects the creature’s jumping distance as normal for increased speed.

Inspire Courage: Everyone receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

With both Haste and Inspire Courage you gain +3 attack; +2 damage; +1 AC and Reflex saves; +2 bonus on saves vs Charm and Fear.  If you make a Full attack you gain an additional attack.  Speed increases by 30' up to twice your normal speed.
[Continuing Round 7...]

[OoC: It's been awhile so I'd like to remind Nacesh and Selina about their wands.  Selina has a Cure Light Wounds Wand (Command word: Stitch) that started with 15 charges but I believe she has used it one or two times.  Nacesh has a Magic Missile Wand (Command word: Visseras) with 7 charges but I think he used it once so far. ]

24 = Jonath
22 = Tomeal 
20 = Nacesh
18 = Unreth
17 = Piper
13 = Betimi
08 = Forge
07 = Selina
06 = Gilley
02 = Dog 

Nacesh fires his crossbow at Unreth but it deflects off the creature's armor spell.

The last of Unreth's Kobolds who managed to remain standing try to help those who were carried off their feet by the wave.  Unreth roars at them to keep fighting but at this point they begin to drag each other away to search for higher ground.  

Spotting Piper, Unreth runs south 10' across the jagged ceiling [to D16 and E16] and fires a line of sticky webbing at the Bard. [Rolled a 14 on the touch attack]  Piper screams as a cord of sticky web just misses him. [Missed because of the web's crappy range increment!]  

For the first time in the battle, Piper finally spots Unreth!  Piper steps back 5' then with his heart beating out of his chest he points his hand at Unreth and yells an incantation at him.  A wave of sparkling magic washes over the giant spider and instantly you see the Armor, Shield and Blur Effects melt away!!!  [Piper rolled AWESOME for his Dispel Magic!!  Results: 24; 21; 21!]  Piper was scared shitless of Unreth but with his spell's incredible success he squeals with excitement, "GET HIM!!  GET HIM BEFORE HE RECASTS HIS WARDING SPELLS!!!"

[OoC: It's now Betimi, Forge, Selina and the Dog's turns...]

Remember Wrote:

With both Haste and Inspire Courage you gain +3 attack; +2 damage; +1 AC and Reflex saves; +2 bonus on saves vs Charm and Fear.  If you make a Full attack you gain an additional attack.  Speed increases by 30' up to twice your normal speed.