RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Missing Caravan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the absence of a light source Forge reaches out to put a hand on the nearest creature's, Gilley, shoulder. "Lead." He utters. His every movement creaks and crunches as thin sheets of encrusted rock crack off his frame, revealing a dull grey adamantine encased body.

As they move he slowly gathers his strength and his voice. "This one is Forge.... Who is... in command?"
OOC - damn. always forget lack of light. Next time remind me that if no light is available Nacesh will want to make some. (let's leave it to our wise GM to decide what makes sense of Nacesh's antics described so far)
Selina nods at the urging and prodding as she gives the pup a little scratch on the head. As fascinating as this find was, they did have to move fast. So she speaks quietly to it while moving along the path with the others.

"Forge? Selina. That is Miss Betimi, Masters Jonath, Gilley, Tomeal, and Nacesh. ((I'm not certain the first kobold we met in the beginning of this godawful place is still following. If he is, Selina will introduce him as well.)) We are currently hunting a hideous creature called Unreth who has, among other things, raided caravans, abducted townspeople, taken over an unsuspecting kobold tribe to use to its own nefarious purposes."
When Selina says Gilley's name, Gilley repeats it, to put a voice to the name, since a face isn't possible. He jokingly adds, "Abductee."
(01-25-2017, 04:32 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]Selina nods at the urging and prodding as she gives the pup a little scratch on the head.  As fascinating as this find was, they did have to move fast.  So she speaks quietly to it while moving along the path with the others.

"Forge?  Selina.  That is Miss Betimi, Masters Jonath, Gilley, Tomeal, and Nacesh.  ((I'm not certain the first kobold we met in the beginning of this godawful place is still following.  If he is, Selina will introduce him as well.))  We are currently hunting a hideous creature called Unreth who has, among other things, raided caravans, abducted townspeople, taken over an unsuspecting kobold tribe to use to its own nefarious purposes."

"Commander Selina. Seek and... destroy Unreth. Protect caravans, townspeople, and kobolds. Forge obeys." Since Selina was first to respond after asking who was in command, Forge assumed it was her.  He had orders now.  It had been a long while since he had orders and it felt natural to the old warforged to follow orders once again. He then recited each name outloud like it was tradition. "Miss Betimi, Masters Jonath, Gilley Abductee, Tomeal, and Nacesh."

After limping along steadily for a while, something less mechanical comes out his mouth.  "Unreth is not a good neighbor."
(01-26-2017, 01:54 AM)Forge Wrote: [ -> ]"Commander Selina. Seek and... destroy Unreth. Protect caravans, townspeople, and kobolds. Forge obeys." Since Selina was first to respond after asking who was in command, Forge assumed it was her.  He had orders now.  It had been a long while since he had orders and it felt natural to the old warforged to follow orders once again. He then recited each name outloud like it was tradition. "Miss Betimi, Masters Jonath, Gilley Abductee, Tomeal, and Nacesh."

After limping along steadily for a while, something less mechanical comes out his mouth.  "Unreth is not a good neighbor."

Betimi smiles beneath her veil. They could do worse than having teh construct under Selina's command. if it insisted on the need to take orders, having it follow thecommands of one person above others would prevent confusion.
[OoC: Sorry for not being around again.  As usual, work and real life eat up my free time.  It's not like I'm the busiest person in the world or anything but since I work overnights sometimes getting some sleep takes priority.  I miss the days when I could stay wake all weekend roleplaying with my buddies with hardly a wink of sleep. ]

The kobolds wait impatiently for their would-be saviors to help the metal man up so they could hide from the curious eyes of other Kobolds.  They could tell the Kobold's waiting in ambush were getting restless.  A restless Kobold is a curious Kobold.  If their ruse is revealed then this gambit was going to end quickly and likely not with the outcome they were hoping.  

Moving along the south wall, the Kobolds lead you East.  After about 25' you find yourselves at a collapsed tunnel.  The Kobolds ignore the blocked passage and continue following the wall a short distance to the North East and then East again until you find another tunnel leading East.  Suddenly the cavern begins to rumble and shake again but this time much more violently.  As pebbles and dirt fall down upon your heads, in the distance you hear what you think are the echos of falling rocks.  Covering your heads from the falling debris you hear a loud rumbling to the East as the ceiling of the tunnel comes crashing down.  Those of you in the lead (Kobold x2, Jonath, Giley and Nacesh) get the worst of the cave-in but the rest of you aren't out of danger.  

[OoC: Everyone make reflex saves and roll damage.  The DC for the lead people is 13 and damage is 3d6 or half. The rest of you have a DC 12 and the damage is 2d6 or half.  I wasn't sure who was in the lead but it was suggested the quieter people should lead the way.  I figured Betimi would be a little behind so both hers and Jonath's Darkvision can cover a greater area.  If I'm mistaken then let me know and I will change the leaders.]
Eventually the sounds of the collapse begin to settle.  All around you you can hear your party members coughing and gasping for air in the thick dust.  As you cover your mouth and noses with a cloth to help you breathe fresher air you detect more coughing and sputtering to the North and West of your location.  At the moment, the dust is making it almost impossible for even Jonath and Betimi to see with their darkvision.
Reflex Save: 1d20+6 22

Cave-in Damage: 3d6/2 4

Despite his speed, Gilley still gets hit pretty hard with falling rocks. As the rubble settles, Gilley coughs, and quietly whispers, "Just a thought, but... if this place goes, it will probably kill Unreth, us, and everyone we've saved so far? Maybe we should work on getting people out?"
[Reflex save [1d20+3] = 8+3 = 11, Damage [2d6] = 4]

Betini almost, almost, dodges a falling stone that careens off her shoulder knocking her to the side. She stands up as teh dust chokes the passage.

"Sound off everyone, we cannot see, so we need to know if you are injured."

Hearing Gilley's suggestion, she shakes her head.

"That would be prudent, with one major problem. The bulk of the kobold tribe survivors yet lie ahead of us, with unreth. All we would be rescuing if we turn back is the few guards we just passed.."