RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-12-2019, 12:05 PM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: Does Happs or the priest that's with us have Knowledge: Nature.  I doubt they will but I want to make sure I haven't missed anyone.

So she asks the Kobolds again, "You said they are 'Bad Mites,' have you kobolds encountered them before?  If you have, what happened?"

Happs shrugs.  "They're fey.  They're little.  They got bad hygiene, worse manners, and spend most of their time in that tree with all of those critters.  That's about all I got.  We never went too close to that old thing.  No point, and to be square with ya, it creeps me out."

The Kobolds blink in confusion at Nexendia's repeated questions.  "Waht??  We kill them, they kill us.  They take us, we take one of them.  What you want know?"
(06-13-2019, 04:14 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [ -> ]Happs sighs and shakes his head.  "Yup.  Definitely a Turf War here."

Valdi looks at Happs.  "You understand the kobold tongue and thought to not share that bit of knowledge, when we could use every translator possible?"
[[D'oh! DM mistake. Please ignore. Will edit.]]
"Well then, if mites are so dangerous to you, where are your cold iron weapons?  Traveling so far from home just to pick some [was it radishes?] seems like suicide.  Did anything in particular spark this war or is it you find yourselves just too close to one another?  You know this forest is pretty big.  You could share.  Especially with the kobold's proclivity for living underground and these mites living in a solitary sycamore tree.  Or are there more mites that you know about?"
The kobolds give Nexendia a strange look.

“Wat?  We say they bad because they attack us.  We attack them. We not have cold iron wepons.  Shaman need for ritual.  Shaman need most spoils for ritual.  Need holy totem too.  Make us get totem from Tree.”  He spits on the ground in distaste.  “We not like be near mites.  Mites bad and do bad to us.  So Shaman do bad to them.”
"Well then, if you do not have cold-iron weapons but you were still able to kill them then they mustn't be completely immune to regular steel.  Am i right?"

When the kobolds mention a totem, she asks, "The holy totem is in this tree now or have you already retrieved it?"
Andra looks interested (perhaps a bit suspicious) of the lengthy Draconian conversation that Nexendia is having with the kobolds, but does not pry as they ride along.
[Bump]
The kobold just shrugs as if he doesn't know any better...probably because he doesn't.

"Mites raid.  Take totem.  Shaman tell us to bring back.  Chief tell us take 'long way.'"
Nex considers feeding the Kobolds to her familar.

"So... you're saying the totem is still here?"

[If the totem is still here...]

She looks at the others.  "Shall we just avoid this place or do you think the totem could be a great negotiating tool?"

[If the answer is no...]

"If there is nothing to gain then I guess the most prudent action would be to avoid these mites.  But they do pose a threat to other creatures in the forest.  Perhaps we should come back later after we've gained some experience."