RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-03-2019, 08:59 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [ -> ][[OoC2: No, I’m afraid not.  Even after beating two straight encounters with boars, and gaining a new appreciation for anything BUT bacon Tongue, you still have not gained enough XP.  Even with me ignoring the presence of Jhod, you still have Andra, Valdi, Vidar, Nexendia, and Happs splitting rewards up.]]

[OoC:  May I suggest RPing xp?  We've been roleplaying for a couple of years now...  Big Grin  ]

Nexendia begins switching out some of her spells.  She's not sure that she has anything that will help fight this sycamore.  Her only damaging spell was magic missile but it wouldn't do much of anything with her current skill.  And Nex can't summon creature's with cold iron teeth and claws.  But after the weird dream she had, Nex decided they might need something to protect against charms.
Everyone awakens to the smell of (drumroll)  bacon! As Valdi hangs strips of thinly sliced pork from the belly of the boar. With large veins of fat running through them, these cuts of meat have little other use, and a totally different flavour from less fatty cuts of meat.

"Odhinn has granted me the Ironbeard spell today brother Tushou. If I casr ur ob you it will give you a cold iron beard that you can use to fight with, like you were wearing spiked armour.  It will work equally well on Vidar, but he has thecold iron dagger. It only lasts a short time, but it might make a difference."
Andra glances up at the mention of cold iron, shooting Valdi a judgmental look before returning to her morning preparation.
Valdi shrugs off Andra's judgemental look, reminding himself that Andra has been ill to the point of near collapse, and unaware that the entire group has been preparing cold iron weaponry as they have been orewarned that they may face hostility from the fey.
(05-05-2019, 11:36 PM)Valdi Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone awakens to the smell of (drumroll)  bacon! As Valdi hangs strips of thinly sliced pork from the belly of the boar. With large veins of fat running through them, these cuts of meat have little other use, and a totally different flavour from less fatty cuts of meat.

"Odhinn has granted me the Ironbeard spell today brother Tushou. If I casr ur ob you it will give you a cold iron beard that you can use to fight with, like you were wearing spiked armour.  It will work equally well on Vidar, but he has thecold iron dagger. It only lasts a short time, but it might make a difference."

Thanks, but I have a cold iron kama.
"Alright everyone, unless there is something that you still need to do, we should get going." 

How thick is the forest here?  Can we see the sky?

Once we are in marching order, the group will head out for the day.  Nex and the others will continue to make tree-marks so they don't get lost.
Here we go.
Valdi straps his bardiche and longbow on his back, mounts up and readies his crossbow, realizing it is his best weapon to use while mounted.

Vidar mounts up on the heavy horse.
Andra watches those with obviously less experience on horses mount, in case they need help. Then she mounts her own horse, so they can journey onward.
Travel resumes, and the pace even quickens, as you pass out of the boughs of the Narlmarches and into the surrounding grassland and hillside. The kobolds, knowing that there is at least one among you with the ability to speak their language, remain silent throughout most of the journey, briefly exchanging glances. When you crest one berm in particular, you see a massive tree in the distance. Old and gnarly, half-rotten, the old sycamore stands as if a monument to its agelessness. There is a strange circle of fuzzy matter surrounding the trunk that, upon further inspection, seems to be a murder of crows.