RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
((Besides learning how to do carpentry/smithing and such, or that too many cooks spoil the broth Tongue, you could make some headway into exploration...*nudge nudge*))
Vidar's mood swings as he gets bored of following guards of Restov and listening to their talk of fortifying holes and buttressing walls. He goes to the bounty board again and reads the posts one more time. Then he decides that finding a group of kobolds will be easier than tracking down a single Tatzlewurm. Vidar approaches the group and suggests they venture out to find the kobolds and continue to tame the land, reminding them that the reward is 800 gold pieces.
Nexendia agrees with Vidar but expresses concern about the soldiers.  "Are we sure they can be left alone?  I would hate to leave and then come to find out they were working with the bandits.  Does anyone have access to any Divination that can detect evil or determine if leaving would have consequences.  If not then we should speak to Oleg and ask if he feels safe enough for us to leave for a short time."
Andra is about to say something in response to Vidar's suggestion, but Nexendia beats her to it. She gives her kinswoman an icy stare, then rolls her eyes. Looking back at Vidar, she states "I'm getting my pack," before she wanders off to retrieve her equipment and the potions from the storeroom.
Nexendia did not understand her kinswoman's suddenly iciness.  It would be something she would take up with her at a later time...
When Vidar and Nexendia turn from the bounty board they see Valdi leading the 6 horses into the yard, and beginning to get them saddled and ready for a ride.  

"I vote that we return ere nightfall. Let us begin with small forays to secure the area first, then we will venture further out tomorrow, then further again the next. We will cover more ground on horseback."
Vidar sees his brother getting the horses ready and nods in agreement, but when he suggests they return before nightfall he scoffs at the suggestion. "Fortune favors the bold brother!  Kobolds await justice in the hills.  I say we do not return until the deed is done.... We have only so much time before Happs' friends come looking for their loot."  As he says this Vidar assists Valdi in preparing for a journey.
"Please remember, we have Oleg and his wife's safety to consider.  Even though there are soldiers here to protect the outpost, their leader, Kesten, has a history of displaying a lack of judgement.  He is known for carry his brains in his cod piece and should be closely scrutinized until he proves his judgement has not failed him once again.  I could be being overly cautious and perhaps his indiscretion was but a momentary lapse but it's better to be safe than sorry!"
Valdi nods at Nexendia.

"Well put. My thoughts were similar, though actually less well informed. That is why I wished to return ere nightfall. Firstly, we would be able to travel lighter, without taking as many supplies as a longer expedition, feed for the horses for ezxample. Second, knowing that we are to return might help Kesten excercise good judgement. if you understand my meaning."
Andra comes back with her pack, sword, and bow strapped on, blissfully ignorant of the turn the conversation had taken.

"Ok. I'm ready."