RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Andra just seems to get more irate with every mention of Kesten, and seems quite tired of all the changing plans. Still, she keeps her tongue and lets the others make the decision on where to go.
(05-12-2017, 02:49 AM)Vidar the Red Wrote: [ -> ] Happs, do you know where the kobold hills are?"

[[I swear I totally missed this question.]]

Happs nods and points off to the south-southeast.  "About a two day's travel that way, into the Kamelands."

(05-12-2017, 05:01 PM)Erin Wrote: [ -> ]- I suggest that we begin with the trading post area and then move around circularly. (B10, B12, C11, C9, B8, A9, A11)
Of course, if we know of any concrete threat, we can make an exception with it.

Happs agrees with your general plan.  Always a wise decision to scout out the neighboring perimeter.
- As I know kobolds are creatures of the dark, found most commonly in enormous underground warrens or the dark corners of the forest where the sun is unable to reach.

OOC - I updated Eran's sheet with bg skills.
Happs chimes in at this point.  "I'll tell ya one thing: never once seen them kobs in the Narlmarches, always tend to hang out by the hills, them and that crazy they call 'shaman'."  She shivers as it comes into his mind.
(05-21-2017, 02:38 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [ -> ]Happs chimes in at this point.  "I'll tell ya one thing: never once seen them kobs in the Narlmarches, always tend to hang out by the hills, them and that crazy they call 'shaman'."  She shivers as it comes into his mind.

"Do not hold out, man. Speak plain, your life will depend on it as much as ours. Who is this shaman? Or what?"
Happs gives Valdi a curious look, then shrugs.  "Crazy lookin' kob.  Spends half the time I see him muttering curses under his breath, the other half with this weird gleam in his eye.  Like he's thinkin' of ways to do me in.  I try to avoid him.  Then again, I think the whole damn lot of 'em are bad news.  Rotten lizards."  He spits off to the side away from everyone.
"So these lizards, the kobolds, have had direct dealings with the local brigands? You have met their shaman leader? Or do they avoid him as well?"
Happs spits again.  "Nar, they fear 'im like the Plague.  They got a chief, but he don't seem to be all that strong to me.  They don't mess with us Big Folk much, i'm just more observant than most."
Valdi pinches the bridge of his nose between gauntleted thumb and forefinger, obviously frustrated at Happs seeming inability to state things clearly the first time.

"So is this ]Shaman' a kobold, or one of us "Tall Folk'?"

As he says this he clumsily spurs his horse and begins to move through the grasslands.

"Let us waste no more time, today's course has been set. Let us get the lay of the land immediately around the Outpost first, then tomorrow we can decide if we wish to press for the hills."

As clumsy of a horseman as he is, he doesn't bother to slow his pace for the others to catch up, since he does nopt dare push the horse to faster than a trot anyway.

As he trots along his hand is always near his crossbow, and his eyes constantly scan for anything of interest, dangerous or otherwise. [Perception +4]

His thoughts:
If we are to tame this land we need to know every resource, whether it is a useful plant, a fresh spring, mineral deposits, even what game is available.
(05-21-2017, 11:37 PM)Valdi Wrote: [ -> ]Valdi pinches the bridge of his nose between gauntleted thumb and forefinger, obviously frustrated at Happs seeming inability to state things clearly the first time.

"So is this ]Shaman' a kobold, or one of us "Tall Folk'?"

((Am I to assume you're having Valdi take 10 on perception?))

Happs just looks at Valdi blankly for a few moments until after he has finished venting.  "Why don'tcha ask yourself that question.  When have you ever known a race in general to be so trusting of outsiders that they would allow one to become the head of their religion?"

Time passes without much in the way of eventful encounters as you begin to explore the plains immediately surrounding Oleg's Trading Post (B10).  

((Brief note on exploration: it will take at least a day (game time) to fully traverse and explore a hex of plains.  Other terrains will take longer.  It will take even longer, in addition, to explore at a slower pace than standard 30' movement pace.))