RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Untrained Know (Nob.) [1d20+5] = 8+5 = 13

Perception [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9

Eran is hiding and dreaming about the nice girls with big bo abilities.
[url=[1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10]Knowledge Nobility[/url] = 10 (untrained)

[url=[1d20+5] = 9+5 = 14]Perception[/url] = 14
((Andra and Nexendia, I've PM'd))

Kesten quirks an eyebrow.  "I am no mage, sir, and cannot show you something of that sort while on this side of the fort's walls."
Nexendia walks along one of the bridges they made for the previous encounter to meet with Valdi.  She will then whisper to her companion while peering through a crack at the armored man at the gate, "I do recall that a Kesten Garess had volunteered to lead a small group of soldiers to help guard Oleg’s Trading Post.  I haven't the faintest clue why I'm only remembering this now.   Tongue  But I would like to get a good look at him.  I might recognize him from some of my written communications with the various channels in the Brevoyan hierarchy."
Valdi grunts a confirmation to Nexendia, and nods.

"You must understand our caution. Bandits have been preying on Oleg and other settlers of late. You may enter, your men-at-arms will wait outside until Oleg deems you safe."

In Skaldic he calls down to his brother:
In Skaldic: "Open the gate just enough for the one man, afoot, to slip in. Be ready."
Vidar opens the gate for the armored man, making sure no one else follows.

Ooc- Where is Oleg and Svetlana?
Andra merely nods to Vidar as he begins opening the gates, standing boldly front-and-center, so if someone on the other side could get a shot off, it would be at her.
(02-16-2017, 06:05 PM)Valdi Wrote: [ -> ]Valdi grunts a confirmation to Nexendia, and nods.

"You must understand our caution. Bandits have been preying on Oleg and other settlers of late. You may enter, your men-at-arms will wait outside until Oleg deems you safe."

In Skaldic he calls down to his brother:
In Skaldic: "Open the gate just enough for the one man, afoot, to slip in. Be ready."

Kesten nods in response, dismounting and handing the reins off to one of his comrades.  "'Tis not a problem, Cheiftain of the Linnorms of the North.  That is why we were sent here in the first place."  He walks through the gate and Nexendia and Andra get their best look at him.  He *looks* like a Garess.  He also produces a smallish scroll from his pack that looks nearly identical to the ones each of you were given in Restov, right down to the spidery script.  This he gives to Valdi to examine, waiting patiently.

(02-16-2017, 06:48 PM)Vidar the Red Wrote: [ -> ]Vidar opens the gate for the armored man, making sure no one else follows.  

Ooc- Where is Oleg and Svetlana?

((Oleg and Svetlana had been in their home, hiding as soon as they'd heard about another group of riders inbound.))

By this time, Oleg has emerged and has a good look at Kesten.  He seems to relax marginally, saying "No way this one is a brigand!  None of them wore plate mail."
Nexendia smiles politely as he passes through the gate and when he's a safe distance away she whispers a syllable of magic.

[OoC: Detect Magic/ Range 60'; Duration 1minute/level or concentration;
1st Round: Presence or absence of magical auras.
2nd Round: Number of different magical auras and the power of the most potent aura.
3rd Round: The strength and location of each aura. If the items or creatures bearing the auras are in line of sight, you can make Knowledge (arcana) skill checks to determine the school of magic involved in each. (Make one check per aura: DC 15 + spell level, or 15 + 1/2 caster level for a nonspell effect.) If the aura emanates from a magic item, you can attempt to identify its properties (see Spellcraft).]