RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-26-2017, 09:28 PM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: [ -> ]Andra comes back with her pack, sword, and bow strapped on, blissfully ignorant of the turn the conversation had taken.

"Ok. I'm ready."

Eran takes his backpack and nods to the others : Me too!
Valdi looks to Oleg.   

"Is there some horse-feed we might purchase from you?"

He looks at teh others.

"There are five of us to ride, and six horses. We should bring the sixth as pack-horse. to carry the burden of feed and water for the others, that way we might keep some semblance of speed."

"What is the decision? Do we return ere nightfall, and make this first foray a short expedition? Or do we stay out until we find the kobolds?"
"I'm up for a bit of sport. I think we should get the kobolds first, so that we don't run into them while exploring."
(03-26-2017, 11:43 PM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: [ -> ]"I'm up for a bit of sport. I think we should get the kobolds first, so that we don't run into them while exploring."

"That does not answer my question. We are going out to hunt the kobolds, yes, but the question was do we plan to return here before nightfall, or do we plan to make this expedition longer?"
She narrows her eyes at Valdi. "You gave two options. Short expedition, or kobolds. I chose kobolds." With a swish of her cloak, she walks toward the horses.
((OOC - <.<

Love is in the Air

>.>))
(03-27-2017, 12:37 AM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: [ -> ]She narrows her eyes at Valdi. "You gave two options. Short expedition, or kobolds. I chose kobolds." With a swish of her cloak, she walks toward the horses.

Valdi laughs heartily. 

"No no, you misunderstood me.  The assumption was we are hunting the kobolds either way. The question was do we plan on being gone for several days, a long expedition; or do we plan on just a short excursion and to come back by nightfall?  We should decide as a group before we leave, because it does influence how many supplies we take with us.  Example, two days feed will not be enough if we pl;an to be gone for a longer expedition, and we should be prepared."
(03-27-2017, 12:37 AM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: [ -> ]She narrows her eyes at Valdi. "You gave two options. Short expedition, or kobolds. I chose kobolds." With a swish of her cloak, she walks toward the horses.

Vidar gives a stern look to his brother then follows Andra's lead.  Mounting his horse he says to the others, "Andra is right, we go confront these kobolds whether it's one day or one hundred.  The winds are fickle, there is no certainty of our destiny."  Saying this to someone, like his brother, whom he knows can read the future does not escape the barbarian.  It's just a difference of philosophy that separate their views.
Andra froze as Valdi started speaking again, but di not turn around. Instead, she thought of various things that she could say to him. The started taking a deep breath, because she still had to be around him, after all. She'd spent a majority of her life being told to smile pretty when she didn't want to. She could, after all, continue.

Mid-deep breath, however, Vidar speaks up, and she freezes again. That... is unexpected. Letting the breath out, she gave Vidar a slightly suspicious look as he passed her to get to the horses.

Without a word, she begins packing gear onto the horses.
Valdi climbs astride his chosen horse after affixing his pack. his bardiche, unusable o horseback, is strapped across his back, and he grabs the lead rope of the extra horse while waiting for the others to all mount up.

"So be it, we shall have to hope we have enough feed for the mounts to last. We know that we have enough rations for ourselves.  That you both should seem be insulted by my asking your opinions on how we should plan ahead, is telling."

He simply shakes his head, obviously used to rash decisions from his half-brother, but honestly being surprised by Andra's rashness.