RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Fire.  Soak the space between the gate doors with oil and drop a torch onto it to seal them in.  Of course there's always the wagon... I saw a jittery horse in the stables.  A good slap on the ass should get it to move."

Ooc - Vidar will stay awake as long as it takes.  Sleep is not as important to him yet. Since Valdi will rise early, Vidar can keep watch during the night and wake him, then catch a few z's before dawn as well.
"You do know that the palisade is made of wood, yes?  And I'll not have you harming Claptrap, she's been through enough as it is."  Oleg peers at Vidar, scared of his claws...but showing enough bravery to push through that fear.
"Just...be careful.  Whatever your plan is."
"Do not worry Oleg, we are not going to burn the post down around us. Vidar is a man of action, it was a suggestion, not a plan."
((OOC: Andra is just setting out the herbs and reagents she'll need to make her planned elixirs, so that in the morning, she can wake up and just do it.))
(09-09-2016, 11:40 PM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: [ -> ]Andra stops what she's doing and watches Nexendia for a moment. Supportive interest in what she's doing? Not even her parents gave her that. There was never a single person who understood her (or cared to, for that matter). "... I suppose I could teach you, yes." She removes a journal from her bag and sets it down. "My formula are there, mostly from experimentation, using a magic scroll as a... model, if you will. It's not easy, but if I get my hands on written magic, there are ways of translating it into an elixir...." She glances at the book, then back at her herbs and reagents. "And the standard alchemical fare, of course. That will be much easier to teach. It doesn't require any changes to your energies. I'm not even sure if the elixirs are possible for you to learn... but then, why would you want to when a simple spell is more convenient..."

"Spells might be more convenient but I only have a limited number to last until the next day.  I also would prefer that Scarf didn't find himself in melee.  If he had such items I think he could become very useful to us by dropping things upon the heads of our enemies."
Getting an idea how to block the gate quickly, valdi checks how esy it would be to roll the wagon backwards if it were placed so that it was lined up to roll across the gateway.  If he can get it to roll quickly with he and his brother pushing it, they can hide behind the front of it and then roll it across the gate behind the bandits once they enter.

[Image: fort2.jpg]

"It may not prevent all of them from escaping as well as the closed gates would, but I could then fight from the back of the wagon and it will make a pretty decent barricade.  It will be easier to accomplish than closing the gates from the outside at any rate, and we can hide behind it while they ride in."
((Sounds like a good idea.  Okay, Let me see if I have this down right:
Vidar: Prepping traps, shields, other things to improve physical defensibility of the location
Valdi: Organizing barricades and other area-controls to limit the battleground (by the way...I can't recall if Svetlana said this, but the bandits have arrived an hour after sunrise every time they came.  Doesn't this help out?))
Eran: ??
Andra: Preparing herbs, reagents to create elixirs
Nexendia: ??
Anything else?))
(09-19-2016, 11:18 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [ -> ]Valdi: Organizing barricades and other area-controls to limit the battleground (by the way...I can't recall if Svetlana said this, but the bandits have arrived an hour after sunrise every time they came.  Doesn't this help out?))
[OoC It does help. It confirms my thoughts that Valdi will not have time to prepare spells. Or rather he'd be cutting it too close to be in position before the bandits arrive.  Preparing divine spells takes an hour,  and since dawn is his chosen time of day that means it would be too close.   However unless the battle is very long he could take that hour after battle. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Prepar...ine-Spells]
[OoC:  These are some of the things Nexendia is considering...

1. Nexendia will remind people that she has a mule that can be used to move large objects around such as the wagon.     
  2. Nexendia will stay behind as much cover as possible such as peeking through cracks and over or around objects she is hiding behind. Possibly even dropping to her knees to be a smaller target or even lay on the ground to get the +4 AC bonus against range attacks.  She has a crossbow so she can shoot it while in the Prone position.  Nex will try to make range attacks from a elevated position so she can take advantage of the +1 to hit for being on higher ground.  Maybe create some kind of bridge with planks so she can move from the walls onto a roof of a building. 
  3. Mage Armor: Nexendia will wait until the bad guys arrive at the outpost and then cast her Mage armor.
  4. Grease spell: Perhaps on the ground in front of gate or on a really nasty looking weapon to make the person drop it while in melee.
  5. Summon monster:  For support and flanking.  She might even summon a pony over an enemy's head and drop it on them. Big Grin
  6. Silent Image: Possibly create some guards to cause confusion.  Kind of like a mirror image except I have to concentrate and made the illusion react to the bad guy's attacks.
  7. Detect Magic:  Cast right after Mage Armor to pick out any magical aura's from weapons.
All this is subject to change depending upon what the enemy does. ]
Eran wants to go sleep early, because he will change his memorization.

EDIT

- I think we should stay/rest and hide in the stable (A3).