RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[OoC: I'm sorry for not posting but I was kind of waiting for Valdi to let us know that he sensed something.  But... ]

Nexendia's emerald green eyes shifts from party member to party member.  When no one says anything further she says, "Well then, I guess we should not tarry any longer."  Turning to the priest she asks, "Do you have a steed of your own?"

If he does she will carefully pull herself up into the saddle of her horse and say, "Let us be off!"

If for some reason he doesn't have his own horse, Nex will look into finding him a horse at the Trading Post or if there isn't any available she will offer him her mule.
[OoC you were waiting for me to post on my busiest work weekend of the year.. I worked 13-15 hour days every day since last Thursday lol.. let me breathe.. it is not that i was forced to work at gunpoint mind, but with work so shorthanded they were offering triple pay for overtime I wasn't willing to say no.]

[OoC2 we haven't even saddled the horses yet lol, thought everyone was still milling about having breakfast and preparing.]

"Lady Nexendia, Lady Andra, I must confess I have little experience with tack and harness. My beasts saddle seemed a might wobbly yesterday. Would you mind helping me in the stable checking my steed's tack?"

[Bluff [1d20+0] = 17+0 = 17 - the lie is obvious, Valdi is a horrible liar and knows it, the bluff check is to make sure Andra and Nexendia understand he actually wants a word in private]

Once alone:
"He is being truthful about wanting to see the shrine, I am certain of it.  In fact if i am any judge of what teh runes are telling me, it is his sole purpose in coming to the wilderness."
(11-29-2017, 04:46 AM)Valdi Wrote: [ -> ][OoC you were waiting for me to post on my busiest work weekend of the year.. I worked 13-15 hour days every day since last Thursday lol.. let me breathe.. it is not that i was forced to work at gunpoint mind, but with work so shorthanded they were offering triple pay for overtime I wasn't willing to say no.]

[OoC2 we haven't even saddled the horses yet lol, thought everyone was still milling about having breakfast and preparing.]

"Lady Nexendia, Lady Andra, I must confess I have little experience with tack and harness. My beasts saddle seemed a might wobbly yesterday. Would you mind helping me in the stable checking my steed's tack?"

[Bluff [1d20+0] = 17+0 = 17 - the lie is obvious, Valdi is a horrible liar and knows it, the bluff check is to make sure Andra and Nexendia understand he actually wants a word in private]

Once alone:
"He is being truthful about wanting to see the shrine, I am certain of it.  In fact if i am any judge of what teh runes are telling me, it is his sole purpose in coming to the wilderness."

[OoC: I am aware of your busy weekend but it's been a week.  And I wasn't complaining about you not posting, I just didn't want the DM to think I wasn't posting because I had lost interest.  Speaking for myself, as a PbP DM, I start wondering what's going on when no one posts for a few days let alone a week.  It was not meant as a personal assault upon you.  If it came off that way then I apologize. ]

[OoC2: Actually all Nexendia has done is ask if he had a horse.  Then in the interest of saving time, I stated what she would do depending upon his answer.  So Nex hasn't gotten on her horse yet because the DM's reply will determine Nex's actions. 

[OoC3: I don't think a 17 on a Bluff check is an obvious lie.  You only need a DC15 to succeed in giving us a simple hidden message.  He can figure it out by an opposed sense motive.]

When Valdi relays his suspicions she whispers, while helping with his saddle, "Do you know anything about this Shrine to Erastil?"

[OoC4: Nexendia has knowledge Religion +9; Result: 28!; If Religion isn't the correct Knowledge skill, she also has Knowledge in Arcana/ Nature/ Nobility/ Planes all at +9]
(11-29-2017, 05:31 AM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: I am aware of your busy weekend but it's been a week.  And I wasn't complaining about you not posting, I just didn't want the DM to think I wasn't posting because I had lost interest.  Speaking for myself, as a PbP DM, I start wondering what's going on when no one posts for a few days let alone a week.  It was not meant as a personal assault upon you.  If it came off that way then I apologize. ]

[OoC Sorry I never meant to imply I was insulted or thought you were attacking, it was meant as explanation to DM and other players that might not know where I have been Smile]

(11-29-2017, 05:31 AM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ][OoC2: Actually all Nexendia has done is ask if he had a horse.  Then in the interest of saving time, I stated what she would do depending upon his answer.  So Nex hasn't gotten on her horse yet because the DM's reply will determine Nex's actions. 

[OoC3: I don't think a 17 on a Bluff check is an obvious lie.  You only need a DC15 to succeed in giving us a simple hidden message.  He can figure it out by an opposed sense motive.]

[OoC2 Only a 15, like that was an easy roll for him.LOL ]

(11-29-2017, 05:31 AM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]When Valdi relays his suspicions she whispers, while helping with his saddle, "Do you know anything about this Shrine to Erastil?"

[OoC4: Nexendia has knowledge Religion +9; Result: 28!; If Religion isn't the correct Knowledge skill, she also has Knowledge in Arcana/ Nature/ Nobility/ Planes all at +9]

"Nay, I am as a babe when it comes to the faiths of your lands"
[Knowledge religion untrained Smile]
[OoC: I forgot to make rolls for my familiar.

Scarf has a better wisdom and therefore a better modifier than Nexendia so I would like him to roll Sense Motive +4 by himself. Result: 11.  Unless the Priest rolled bad for his bluff, that roll most likely failed.

Scarf has a worse Intelligence than Nexendia so I would like him to aid another with his Knowledge Skill roll +2. DC 10.  Result: 12. Success!  So that would Bump Nexendia's Knowledge Roll up to 30!!

If the DM feels it's too late to aid another then 12 will be just his regular roll for what ever knowledge skill is applicable. ]
[[Valdi rolls Knowledge Religion: [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14 which isn't bad at all, but Nexendia practically aced it herself anyway.]]

Jhod doesn't seem to notice the subtle hidden message relayed between Nexendia and Valdi, or if he does he doesn't say anything. Nexendia knows quite a lot about Erastil, Old Deadeye, The Great Hunstman. Erastil has been a major deity for quite some time, since before the Age of Darkness, when the Orcs were first chased from their subterranean domain by the Dwarves, who also took their first steps onto the surface world. Service to Erastil has lately gone out of, well, service in much of Brevoy, but the River Kingdoms still pledge at least moderately to Erastil's cause.

On the subject of shrines within the River Kingdoms, there was known to be one somewhere within the Greenbelt that has been lost to legend and folklore, but those who worship Erastil were told to keep knowledge of its location only among themselves.
Nexendia will fill Valdi and whomever else is part of the conversation, in on what she knows about Erastil and his shrines.  [Does Nex know what's his alignment and portfolio?] 

She then adds while whispering, "His intentions toward this shrine could be innocent or he could want to locate it to desecrate and/or destroy it."
[Bump]
"We can head towards the shrine right away if he knows where it is, or we can continue our  scouting. Either way I shall attempt to divine his if he has ill intent using magic tomorrow."
Tushou is ready Smile