RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are we headed closer to the old tree or simply passing it?
[[Closer]]
[OoC1:  I finished leveling my character.]

While the group was traveling, Nexendia will be trying to recall what she remembers about mites.  Nexendia's family was Medvyed and they have long held great respect for the wilderness and is superstitious about the creatures that dwell therein.  Perhaps there was something more she could remember about them, such as their immunity to non-Cold Iron weapons.

Me:Knowledge Nature: [1d20+9] = 1+9 = 10
Familar (aid another): Knowledge Nature: [1d20+2] = 2+2 = 4

[OoC2: Wow. Apparently Mites are beneath her notice.   Rolleyes  ]

"I've been wracking my brain for hours and I can't remember anything about mites.  All I come up with is information about the parasites.  I'm sure the Kobolds aren't referring to microscopic critters.  Anyone else have any tidbit of information?"

Nexendia will then ask the kobolds, "What can you tell us about these mites?  What do they look like?  How big are they?  How long have they been here?  You say they are 'Bad Mites,' have you encountered them before?  If you have, what happened?"

My Perception: [1d20+4] = 13+4 = 17, Familiar's Perception: [1d20+7] = 10+7 = 17
The kobolds look at each other as Nexendia approaches them with her question. It's hard to tell what, if any, they're trying to communicate with each other given the severe disparity between kobold faces and humanoid faces. After a few moments, the 'leader' of the trio responds with a few pieces of information. (in Kobold-Draconic)

"Uhm...they ugly things. About our height. Uh, bluuuue...skin? That is word, yes? Annnd...big ears? Why thing need ears that big? Sootscale not know. They come from...somewhere? We not know how long."
Nexendia listens and notices the Kobolds did not answer her last two questions.  Was this on purpose, she wonders.  So she asks again, "You said they are 'Bad Mites,' have you kobolds encountered them before?  If you have, what happened?"

She's also still waiting to find out if anyone else in the group knows anything about Mites. Especially their vulnerability to cold iron.
[OoC untrained in know: nature.. DM call if Valdi is allowed to check]
(06-06-2019, 08:19 PM)Valdi Wrote: [ -> ][OoC untrained in know: nature.. DM call if Valdi is allowed to check]

[[Sadly, Knowledge skills are trained only.]]
[OoC Vidar sadly is also unskilled in Knowledge nature]
[OoC: Does Happs or the priest that's with us have Knowledge: Nature.  I doubt they will but I want to make sure I haven't missed anyone.

So she asks the Kobolds again, "You said they are 'Bad Mites,' have you kobolds encountered them before?  If you have, what happened?"
[[I’m at work and don’t have my laptop in front of me. Will update when I can.]]