RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When Scarf lets Nexendia know they are approaching, Nex will cast Mage Armor on Eran.  She will then scurry up the ladder to hide on a roof.  Nex will then cast Mage Armor upon herself and also share the spell with Scarf.  

[OoC: was your description of the bandit getting caught in the Bear Trap based upon her illusion hiding the trap?]

She will either be concentrating on the illusion or Readying her crossbow to shoot the Leader if he makes any indication he's not going to surrender.

Initiative: 1d20+11= 29
[[No, actually I understood it as they put the actual trade goods there as expected. Why, was that your intention? ]]
[OoC: I was just wondering if I had cast my Silent image yet or not.  Am I currently concentrating or am I readying my crossbow to shoot if it looks like they aren't going to give up.]
(09-22-2016, 10:26 PM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]Nexendia gazes at Eran curiously while wondering, why an arcane spell caster who is so eager to get close to his enemies to cast color spray, wouldn't have mage armor in his repertoire.  Not that a wizard has to learn mage armor but it was one of the most useful defensive spells especially when first beginning to adventure, as they seem to be.  "Of course, Eran," Nex replies.  "Which spell would you suggest I give up?  Either Summon monster or Grease have to go."
Thanks. My magic is work a little different than your's. I should prepare spells similar like you, this is my daily repertoire. This is narrower than your's but I could use it in much flexible way, e.g. if I prepare Enlarge Person and Color Spray then I could casts these spells four times in a day in any possible combinations.
So, I have no free "slot" for my mage armor.If you interest it then I will explain it in later.
I think the Summon is less usefull at now.

(09-22-2016, 05:02 PM)Valdi Wrote: [ -> ]"If you plan on leaping into the fray and doing this Colour Spray  magic, when would you be doing the enlarge? It would have to last a very long time to cast it ahead of time and ensure that it is still effective when they ride in. And it would also make hiding behind the wagon as they ride in just a little difficult. Maybe if you could find a way to cast it on me just before I and Nexendia's mule push the wagon back."
I'm going to hide behind of you and I will use my first spell to enlarge you.

(09-23-2016, 02:12 AM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: [ -> ]Before dawn, Andra awakens and begins work on her potions. It is surprisingly swift, as within ten minutes, she has five vials before her.
OOC - Sorry for the bad news, but a 1st level Investigator with INT 18 could only create 2=1+1 potions daily.
When the bandits are three minutes from the fort Eran casts four Message spell, to let they communicate a slowly but silently way. (ooc - everbody hears Erans whispers and Eran hears they whispers but the other party members cann't communicate directly.)
After that he cast also a Heightened Awareness to himself.

He hide behind of Valdi about 10-20 feet away.

Init [1d20+8] = 14+8 = 22
In the first round (ooc - I hope this is a surprise round for us.) he casts an Enlarge Person to Valdi. This spell will last for two minutes because he used an Arcane Reservoir point.

He whispers to everbody:Attack.

If this is not a surprise round then he goes directly behind to Valdi.
Else he takes a 5-foot step to move closer to Valdi.
Time freezes briefly as the air fills with the screams of a no-longer-smug Cade bleeding all over the middle of Trading Post's yard.  Happs and the other bandits are frozen in shock, partly because of such a gruesome scene, but mainly because none of them had ever expected the Levetons to have the audacity to mount any sort of resistance by themselves.  That though quickly disintegrates as Valdi explodes with growth, growing to twice his size.  The Northerner takes the bandits completely by surprise, but while his struggles to move the wagon and encourage the mule to move don't have as much of an effect, Vidar springing from his hiding spot and nearly reducing another of the bandits into a bloody mess certainly does.  Oleg doesn't stick around and sprints for cover to find Svetlana and protect her while the battle continues.

((Everyone gets to take part in a Surprise round because of your brilliantly-laid ambush.  After that, the regular turn order will resume.  I use Init blocks to allow for the vagaries of time differences on PbP, so I will post the init order in short order.  When I am able to find it, I'll have a combat status document up on excel that has all the pertinent info about your characters and NPCs.  The two maps are what I understood as your initial setup, and the result of Valdi, Eran, and Vidar's moves in the Surprise round.  Nexendia and Andra still have a turn available.  Please feel free to edit the "surprise" map for your turns.  Numbers are living bandits (red means injured), named PCs/NPCs have just the first two letters.))

Nexendia: 29 (??)
Eran: 22 (casts Enlarge on Vidar and issues attack orders)
Bandit 3: 15
Andra: 13 (Stealth: 27)
Bandit 1 (Cade): 13 (injured, slowed: half speed)
Bandit 5: 10
Happs: 9
Bandit 6: 8
Bandit 2: 8
Bandit 4: 7
Vidar: 2 (Charge Attack: 24, Damage: 8)
Valdi: 1 (Handle Animal: 8, Strength check: 7)
Nexendia casts Detect Magic the moment they are within range.

Then while laying down on top of one of the roof of the closest building to the front gate she waits until the trap is sprung and then fires a crossbow bolt at the person hit by the trap.

[OoC: Crossbow Attack: +3 (+4 if she gets higher ground bonus) result: 18 (19 if higher ground); Damage: 2  Dodgy; Move action to reload.]
Cade takes the bolt from the roof right in the gut, doubling over in agony. He's not long for this world and knows it, but he can't run away while still attached to his leg. Eran slips out of cover and whispers a few words. A few seconds after that, the frightening, bloodthirsty barbarian is now a frightening, bloodthirsty barbarian behemoth and there are a few wet pants in the courtyard. Nexendia can detect no magical auras on any of the bandits.

((I believe that just Andra is left before we can end the Surprise round and begin actual combat.))
Keeping as low as possible, Andra takes aim at the thug closest to the gate, and lets an arrow fly.

Shortbow Attack [1d20+2] = 2+2 = 4

She completely misses, the arrow embedding itself in the good at his feet. Still, a good distraction. She ducks down again.
The courtyard soon becomes stained with blood as several attacks hit their marks, even while some others do not. The two Brothers, giant-sized, stand there ready to demolish the attacking thugs when as their brilliant ambush has been a complete success with some very minor hiccups.

((Nexendia or Eran may go.))

Nexendia: 29
Eran: 22
Bandit 3: 15 (Injured)
Andra: 13
Bandit 1 (Cade): 13 (Injured, slowed: half speed)
Bandit 5: 10
Happs: 9
Bandit 6: 8
Bandit 2: 8
Bandit 4: 7
Vidar: 2
Valdi: 1