RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In this case Tushou translates from draconic.
(06-05-2018, 03:01 AM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2018, 02:30 AM)Valdi Wrote: [ -> ]"Lady Nexendia, how proceed the negotiations? We have no idea what they are saying to you, or you to them.?

As mentioned, Nexendia translates the conversation if Elan doesn't.  "They are skittish.  I wish someone who is more skilled in diplomacy would handle the negotiations.  But I hope I impressed upon them that we are here to help."

Are you sure diplomacy is more effective than intimidate if you speak with kobolds? I don't trust them but you are the leader now.

Tushou tries to aid her in diplomacy.

Yik-Yak... = Don't be afraid. We are on the same side. You can see we can defend you if you tell us the truth and lead us to your old or new boss. - he shows them his muscles Smile (http://kahdnd.pbworks.com/f/1294594063/N...rawler.png)

Tushou [1d20-1] = 20-1 = 19 aid another diplomacy vs DC 10
"At the moment they are not our enemy.  The bounty asks that we find out what had riled them up.  If we intimidate them then they will be searching for a way to betray us the moment our back is turned which would make it difficult to find out what is going on.  But honestly I was only trying to have a conversation and use reason to get them to help.  Negotiation should be done by someone with a little more skill."

[Such as Eran who has a +9 Diplomacy!!!!  If Eran isn't around to post then I can but we should get his bonus for Diplomacy.]
(06-07-2018, 01:05 PM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]"At the moment they are not our enemy.  The bounty asks that we find out what had riled them up.  If we intimidate them then they will be searching for a way to betray us the moment our back is turned which would make it difficult to find out what is going on.  But honestly I was only trying to have a conversation and use reason to get them to help.  Negotiation should be done by someone with a little more skill."

[Such as Eran who has a +9 Diplomacy!!!!  If Eran isn't around to post then I can but we should get his bonus for Diplomacy.]

Eran doesn't want to speak with them in Draconic at the moment. But if we translate his words then we can use his diplomacy, can't we? Smile 
http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....5#pid33835
(06-07-2018, 01:05 PM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]"At the moment they are not our enemy.  The bounty asks that we find out what had riled them up.  If we intimidate them then they will be searching for a way to betray us the moment our back is turned which would make it difficult to find out what is going on.  But honestly I was only trying to have a conversation and use reason to get them to help.  Negotiation should be done by someone with a little more skill."

OoC - Eran doesn't want to speak in Draconic at the moment, but if you asked him in IC ... Big Grin
(06-07-2018, 03:34 PM)Tushou Wrote: [ -> ]

Eran doesn't want to speak with them in Draconic at the moment. But if we translate his words then we can use his diplomacy, can't we? Smile 
http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....5#pid33835

[[OOC: I am definitely not allowing that.  You have a PC who has the language and the diplomacy mod to handle this situation.  You don’t get a free pass here. Tongue]]
@DM - Ok, in this case Tushou will aid him or her (+2). http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....5#pid33845

- I think Nex asked you IC Smile "Negotiation should be done by someone with a little more skill."
Do we know (IC) Eran is a diplomacy expert and he speaks draconic? Tushou is a newcomer so he doesn't know yet.
[OoC as far as I know we do not know IC that he speaks droconic]
Quote:@Eran - I think Nex asked you IC [Image: smile.png] "Negotiation should be done by someone with a little more skill."

Do we know (IC) Eran is a diplomacy expert and he speaks draconic? Tushou is a newcomer so he doesn't know yet.
[OoC: I wasn't sure if Nexendia knew that Eran is a skilled diplomat which is why I wrote the post the way I did, hoping he would volunteer the information.  If Eran doesn`t then I think the next best negotiator is the Investigator who hasn`t been around for months.  Confused  ]
(06-12-2018, 04:43 AM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: I wasn't sure if Nexendia knew that Eran is a skilled diplomat which is why I wrote the post the way I did, hoping he would volunteer the information.  If Eran doesn`t then I think the next best negotiator is the Investigator who hasn`t been around for months.  Confused  ]

[[...Who also just so happens to have 5 languages known, but none of them are Draconic. Oops.]]