RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"My illusion will last for as long as I concentrate," she replies to Valdi.  "I may also move it within the confines of its area of effect, which is about five, ten foot cubes.  So I could also create some guards to jump out when you ambush them to help cause some confusion."

"Even if our plan is successful, as soon as their fellows don't hear word from them, they will likely send aid to find out why they haven't returned.  We will likely be facing more than just one battle."  Turning to Oleg, Nexendia asks, "How long do they usually stay?  It sounds like they only stay long enough to collect their 'taxes' and then leave.  If as you say, they arrive within an hour of sunrise then likely their fellows will be expecting them to return by noon, at the latest?  Therefore we could be seeing their reinforcements arriving not too long afterward."
(08-26-2016, 07:26 PM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]"My illusion will last for as long as I concentrate," she replies to Valdi.  "I may also move it within the confines of its area of effect, which is about five, ten foot cubes.  So I could also create some guards to jump out when you ambush them to help cause some confusion."

"A very good idea, the illusion could serve dual purpose,  hide the bear-trap, and cause immense confusion  giving Vidar and I time to seal the gate.""

(08-26-2016, 07:26 PM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]"Even if our plan is successful, as soon as their fellows don't hear word from them, they will likely send aid to find out why they haven't returned.  We will likely be facing more than just one battle."  Turning to Oleg, Nexendia asks, "How long do they usually stay?  It sounds like they only stay long enough to collect their 'taxes' and then leave.  If as you say, they arrive within an hour of sunrise then likely their fellows will be expecting them to return by noon, at the latest?  Therefore we could be seeing their reinforcements arriving not too long afterward."

"A good reason to check those catapults and also conserve some of our resources."

Valdi immediately turns his attention to the gates, beginning to assess what needs to be done to get them ready to be closed quickly.  He doesn't seem concerned with his brother's ideas about counterweights and ropes, for now.  he just wants to make sure that they can be quickly shut and barred by a single man pushing from behind each.

"Ropes and pulleys sound great brother, but time is of the essence, let's make sure the gates work first."
She tried hard to not roll her eyes at the fears of the fort-keeper, instead letting the brothers talk of drafting the civilians into combat in spite of their fears. Them fighting isn't exactly a good idea either, as there is not much they could learn of it in a single night. Her original idea had been better, though it had been misunderstood. Once the brothers have distracted themselves with other matters, she tries again.

"They need not even know you are here. That's why I suggested staying in your house. Quiet. Out of sight. We could even have Nexendia cast an illusion of your bodies, to make the bandits think we took over the fort ourselves... We have a reputation in the area to build, after all."
Oleg shakes his head and sighs, raising his hands in polite request "Look, we just want those bandits dealt with.  Preferably in a way that doesn't allow them to run back to their boss and bring her in with the rest of them.  She had at least 15 of them the first time.  These thugs are common criminals, the lowest of the low.  Kressle wouldn't miss them for at least a day or two as she'd suspect they went out on a binge or to rape some sheep or some other such silliness.  If we deal with them all, the post will survive just fine for awhile while you find their camp."  He nods to Andra's addition.  "Yes, I would much prefer we not be involved.  Because we'd have less than a day to learn how to fight.  Even I know that isn't enough.  We'll be happy to give you food and shelter, but they will be arriving in several hours."
"Andra and you, and my brother, misunderstood my intent in giving you the axes.  I desire you to stay the hells out of the way and hidden, but if we should fall, I die better knowing I give you a chance to defend yourself should they find you."

He shakes his head at the morbid thoughts.

"Let's make sure none of us die, shall we?"

He grins at the idea.

"Andra ye are genius, what better ruse to draw them in than an illusion of another band of brigands picking over the pile of loot that these brigands perceive as already theirs. They may charge in to ambush the  illusionary brigands. The only flaw is if they decide to attack with bow or crossbow."
"We are wasting time with all this plotting.  I will secure the doors as you say brother.  When the brigands come, my axe will be sharp." With that, Vidar goes to the front gate, drops his pack, and begins inspecting the doors.  If they need grease he will ask Oleg or Svetlana for some.  If the bar is in bad shape he will see if a nearby cart would suffice to block any entry or exit and prepare it for movement.  It would seem Vidar is not the most patient of souls and his mood shifts like the wind.
(08-29-2016, 02:53 AM)Vidar the Red Wrote: [ -> ]"We are wasting time with all this plotting.  I will secure the doors as you say brother.  When the brigands come, my axe will be sharp." With that, Vidar goes to the front gate, drops his pack, and begins inspecting the doors.  If they need grease he will ask Oleg or Svetlana for some.  If the bar is in bad shape he will see if a nearby cart would suffice to block any entry or exit and prepare it for movement.  It would seem Vidar is not the most patient of souls and his mood shifts like the wind.

- if the the bar or something else is broken then maybe I could fix it with my magic (ooc - Mending (casting time 10 minutes)).
He grins at Eran.

"You, my friend , are going to be VERY handy.  Let's get these gates into repair."
Placing the vials back in the elaborate box, she closes and latches the lid. With a glance at Valdi and Eran, she stands. "I am going to get some rest, so that I have time to replenish my elixirs before they arrive. These will have lost their potency by then." Tucking the box back in her bag, she looks to the fort-keepers. "Is there a place I can get some shut-eye?"
(08-30-2016, 03:11 PM)Eran Wrote: [ -> ]- if the the bar or something else is broken then maybe I could fix it with my magic (ooc - Mending (casting time 10 minutes)).

"Good, good.  These doors are old and rotted.  Maybe you can fix my brother too, he's about an inch too short. Hahahaha!"

After Andra announces her intentions to rest before the coming battle Vidar simply says, "Princess" in Skaldic.

Once the door is mended or suitable to Vidar's liking, he will drive on.  Next, he will go to Oleg and ask about where he had to offer his goods.  Vidar wants to set his trap, at least one bandit will have a bad day he thinks to himself.