RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
((Nexendia's smile makes Kesten blush a bit Tongue))

Kesten seems to be carrying potions containing a magical substance. It seems very similar to the potions you had looked over earlier.
Opening her arms in welcome of their guests, Andra approaches Kesten. Her manners are the same as when she was in court. Polite, welcoming, pleasant, but lacking in warmth. Back then, she had been forced into pleasantries. Now, not only was there no one forcing her, but his own circumstances should have changed his reception.

"Kesten! It is good to see you again. How is your lovely wife? Will she be joining us"

There goes the theory about her not knowing his 'shame.'

Placing her hands gently upon his shoulder, she leans in to touch cheek-to-cheek in greeting, a courtly way of displaying vulnerability and trust.
(02-18-2017, 01:00 AM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: [ -> ]"Kesten! It is good to see you again. How is your lovely wife? Will she be joining us"

Placing her hands gently upon his shoulder, she leans in to touch cheek-to-cheek in greeting, a courtly way of displaying vulnerability and trust.

Nex smirks and winces slightly at Andra's mention of Kesten's wife and thinks, 'lets hope he doesn't take that too personally or this will be a long first meeting.'  

She then strolls up beside Valdi (and whom ever else is with him) and whispers, "He does sound and look like Kesten Garess, who is -- or was-- a member of the Garess noble house until his father -- the cousin of the Garess family patriarch-- got word of scandalous affair that went public.  He disowned Kesten for, well to put it politely, 'threading the needle' with a weaver's daughter. Kesten then fled to Restov to serve as a mercenary.  Since then I heard he volunteered to lead the small group of soldiers to help guard Oleg’s Trading Post."
Vidar watches curiously from the gate as Andra, the ice queen, warmly greets this stranger. He looks to Eran to read his face, as if he might know more about was going on.

Ooc - I believe Eran and Vidar are at the gate, Andra is in the middle of the yard, and Valdi and Nexendia are on the parapet above the gate. Happs is with them?
(02-18-2017, 01:00 AM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: [ -> ]Opening her arms in welcome of their guests, Andra approaches Kesten. Her manners are the same as when she was in court. Polite, welcoming, pleasant, but lacking in warmth. Back then, she had been forced into pleasantries. Now, not only was there no one forcing her, but his own circumstances should have changed his reception.

"Kesten! It is good to see you again. How is your lovely wife? Will she be joining us"

((Kesten's reaction is...most curious...))

Know(Nob): [1d20+6] = 14+6 = 20, Sense Motive: [1d20+5] = 19+5 = 24
Diplo: [1d20+7] = 1+7 = 8 ((Tongue))

Kesten quirks an eyebrow curiously at Andra's response, visibly racking his mind for information of the noble before him.  Then it dawns on him...

"Andra?  You've been exiled as well?  Shame, that.  You would have done the Petrescu Court a great service with your good common sense.  Tania is...ahem...not with us.  I would not bring her along such a road at this time.  Perhaps another."  He stifles a sigh at that.  He hadn't smiled very much during this short meeting, and his mood seems to drift a little low after he's forced to contemplate that situation.

(02-19-2017, 01:29 AM)Vidar the Red Wrote: [ -> ]Vidar watches curiously from the gate as Andra, the ice queen, warmly greets this stranger.  He looks to Eran to read his face, as if he might know more about was going on.

Ooc - I believe Eran and Vidar are at the gate, Andra is in the middle of the yard, and Valdi and Nexendia are on the parapet above the gate. Happs is with them?

((Happs is most likely waiting in the yard...somewhere.  Where you guys can keep an eye on him.  He's unlikely to know Kesten, and vice versa.))
She lets out a short, curt laugh. "Exiled? No. Volunteered. My wish for more freedom was being blithely ignored." Finally, she is able to speak her mind without being chastised.
Valdi watches the man enter the courrtyard from atop the wall walk, and seeing Andra's familiarity and greeting he visibly relaxes.

"Well I guess we can at least trust that he is not a brigand. There may be politics and subterfuge, he is a noble after all. But he isn't going to attack and burn the fort."

He switches to Skaldic and calls down to Vidar:
"Let the others in."
(02-19-2017, 01:29 AM)Vidar the Red Wrote: [ -> ]Vidar watches curiously from the gate as Andra, the ice queen, warmly greets this stranger.  He looks to Eran to read his face, as if he might know more about was going on.

Ooc - yes, Eran stands near to the gate.

He casts a message and wispers to Vidar: Andra pretends that she is a strong girl and it is half truth, she is a girl but ths all. Our ice queen loves the chit chat as every lady. The woman spirit is the most mysterious thing in our plane.
Vidar acknowledges his brother's command by opening the gate for the rest of Kesten Garess' men. Sizing them up as they enter and giving his meanest mug. Suddenly he hear's Eran's voice in his ear and he snaps his neck around, only to see Eran still standing feet away. Then, remembering he is a sorcerer, Vidar nods and replies, "Mystery will bring you a mate, so said my mother." He didn't why he was talking of his mother to this stranger, but they had fought together and like the rest of his companions, Vidar began to think of them as sword brothers and sisters.
(02-19-2017, 02:57 AM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: [ -> ]She lets out a short, curt laugh. "Exiled? No. Volunteered. My wish for more freedom was being blithely ignored." Finally, she is able to speak her mind without being chastised.

Kesten briefly lifts an eyebrow at that as four (yes, four) warriors make their way into the post. "Aha.  I see.  So, then you stole it from under their upturned noses, perhaps?"

(02-20-2017, 08:24 PM)Eran Wrote: [ -> ]

Ooc - yes, Eran stands near to the gate.

He casts a message and wispers to Vidar: Andra pretends that she is a strong girl and it is half truth, she is a girl but ths all. Our ice queen loves the chit chat as every lady. The woman spirit is the most mysterious thing in our plane.

((Somewhere out there...a lonely cheek is getting slapped for that Tongue ))

(02-21-2017, 12:18 AM)Vidar the Red Wrote: [ -> ]Vidar acknowledges his brother's command by opening the gate for the rest of Kesten Garess' men. Sizing them up as they enter and giving his meanest mug. Suddenly he hear's Eran's voice in his ear and he snaps his neck around, only to see Eran still standing feet away. Then, remembering he is a sorcerer, Vidar nods and replies, "Mystery will bring you a mate, so said my mother." He didn't why he was talking of his mother to this stranger, but they had fought together and like the rest of his companions, Vidar began to think of them as sword brothers and sisters.

((Tell me, Conan, what is best in Life? Cool Big Grin ))