RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- We couldn't able to go faster than our leaders. - Eran points to the kobolds.

OoC - every old PC and NPC have got a horse.
(08-15-2018, 01:39 PM)Eran Wrote: [ -> ]- We couldn't able to go faster than our leaders. - Eran points to the kobolds.

OoC - every old PC and NPC have got a horse.

- Of course. That was the reason why I have asked if they can use your horses or not? They are small creatures with lightweight. But we don't need four leaders if there is no enough place for them.

http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....1#pid35071

OoC - So except Jhod and Tushou everybody has, right? Where did you steal them? Smile Tushou can risk hustle but Jhod can't. Maybe Andra or Happs?
OoC: horses => around #216 in ooc thread and a little bit sooner in IC thread
Valdi points out to Toushou, who seems tp be calculating their speed and travel time. 

"Remember who your guide is. When a kiobold says two days, he likely means at his pace, not the pace of a full-grown human."

{OoC in other words calculate two days based off 20' move speed not 30'}
(08-16-2018, 12:22 AM)Valdi Wrote: [ -> ]Valdi points out to Toushou, who seems tp be calculating their speed and travel time. 

"Remember who your guide is. When a kiobold says two days, he likely means at his pace, not the pace of a full-grown human."

{OoC in other words calculate two days based off 20' move speed not 30'}

Okay. It seems these kobolds are quite fast but lazy ones. - we have followed them, so we can determine their speed

[[ OoC - speed of a kobold is 30 ft. ]]
"If we travel with them for two days and travel back for two days, how much time does that give us before the bandits are expected to return, if any," Nexendia asks everyone.  "We don't know how long we will be dealing with whatever is going on with the Kobolds.  So even if it takes us less then two days each way, we could be stuck there for a week.  Once engaged with the kobolds we may not be able to just excuse ourselves to run back to deal with the bandits."

[OoC: I'm not trying to meta-game but... I seem to remember someone stating that the bandits were tough and we would possibly be outmatched so without experience we may not have the power to defeat the bandits. ]
"I think we need allies most of all. As Kesten pointed out, the outpost is currently indefensible, even with his men. Hopeully if the bandits come before our return, oleg and Kesten will know enough to abandon itt and go to ground. With luck we can mend relations  with the kobolds, and gain their aid in defending these lands."

"If we take the risk of pressing on, we might fail. If we give in to worry and fear we will gain nothing and certainly fail. We simply cannot get the outpost ready in time with just Kesten's men and ourselves. We need help. Simple."
Nexendia looks at the kobolds and then back at Valdi.  "You're putting your trust in creatures known to be usually evil.  Even if these creatures mean us no harm, you're relying on luck that they will suddenly want to help people whom they universally distrust.  And hope Oleg and his wife will be able to hide from bandits who will likely want retribution for US killing their comrades.  Why even speculate?  We have one of them here that we can ask what the bandits will do when they find out some of their people have been killed?"

Nex looks at Happs, expectantly.

Once Happs replies, Nex adds, "I just wanted to make sure that if we follow the Kobolds, everyone realizes what could happen to Oleg and his wife.  If we do, we should take Tushou's suggestion and ride with one of them to make it to their Chief quicker.  The others can follow us from behind."
- I understand that the way forward to the camp takes two days but why takes as same when we are coming back without the kobolds? So, IMHO we could calculate with three days.

OoC - If I remember correctly the exploration of every hex tile take 1 day without the travelling cost and there are 77 hex tiles in our map.
Exploration and mapping of a hex depends partially on party speed and partially on the type of terrain. For example, forests will take longer than grasslands, swamps longer than forests.