RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-12-2017, 01:22 AM)Valdi Wrote: [ -> ]"We should explore the immediate area first. After that we can return to the Trading Post for the night, establishing the idea in Kesten's mind that we intend to return each night will keep him cautious. After that I propse we start with the hills if we are looking for kobold."

OoC - I thought we already explored the immediate area.

"A good plan to be sure.  I did make it known before we left what would happen to anyone who'd harm Oleg and Svetlana.  While we are away, anything can happen and that we cannot control."  Vidar says.  "If we hurry we can cut some time off.  Happs, do you know where the kobold hills are?"

OoC - I was thinking of heading to E11.  That hex looks like hills.
"Which is exactly why I suggested we explore close first, to set Garess' expectation that we could return anytime, before we start a longer expedition. "
While the two men discuss directions, Nex gives Scarf a dried berry and then tells him to fly high into the air to have a look around.

[OoC:  Scarf has Perception +6; Scent; low light vision.  He will try to take 20 on perception if he can.]
(05-12-2017, 02:49 AM)Vidar the Red Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2017, 01:22 AM)Valdi Wrote: [ -> ]"We should explore the immediate area first. After that we can return to the Trading Post for the night, establishing the idea in Kesten's mind that we intend to return each night will keep him cautious. After that I propse we start with the hills if we are looking for kobold."

OoC - I thought we already explored the immediate area.

"A good plan to be sure.  I did make it known before we left what would happen to anyone who'd harm Oleg and Svetlana.  While we are away, anything can happen and that we cannot control."  Vidar says.  "If we hurry we can cut some time off.  Happs, do you know where the kobold hills are?"

OoC - I was thinking of heading to E11.  That hex looks like hills.

((OOC- no, I'm afraid not.  I believe I recall Nex sent Scarf up to take a look around.  That is not exploration, that's a scouting.  And it was for signs of the bandits' approach.  To fully explore a hex, you will have to actively explore it, taking the necessary amount of time to do so and encountering whatever dangers may occur while doing so.  In other words, this is a wilderness the size of the State of Maine, with very few safe spots.  When you do completely explore a hex I'll mark it and you'll be rewarded for your efforts.))

(05-12-2017, 03:04 AM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]While the two men discuss directions, Nex gives Scarf a dried berry and then tells him to fly high into the air to have a look around.

[OoC:  Scarf has Perception +6; Scent; low light vision.  He will try to take 20 on perception if he can.]

Scarf takes another look around.  Much like before, all he sees are pristine grasslands for miles, with the occasional copse of trees here and there.  Way off in the distance to the south, Scarf can see the faintest hints of a treeline.
- I suggest that we begin with the trading post area and then move around circularly. (B10, B12, C11, C9, B8, A9, A11)
Of course, if we know of any concrete threat, we can make an exception with it.
"Does anyone know anything about Kobolds," Nex asks everyone?  "Humanoids [Knowledge: Local] is not something I've spent much time focusing upon."

[OoC: DM, I can't remember if we've talked about this but I know some DM's allow Character's to use Knowledge skills untrained as long as the DC of the question is no higher than 10.  In case you agree...
Knowledge: Local +5 = 11 (Whew... Just made it)  Nexendia is mainly trying to remember what Environment Kobolds are usually found? ]

[OoC2: Actually we did talk about it >here< and you stated that you think you will allow Knowledge Nobility and Local to be used Untrained.  Smile   I do plan to pick up the rest of the Knowledge skills over the next few levels.]

[OoC3: Are you accepting the Unchained options? ]
OOC - Prescience 2/8 [1d20] = 10

- I know them.
He casts a Heightened Awareness spell  and uses a arcanist reservoir point so it will last for 20 minutes. He frowns a little bit [[Prescience]] and tells what he knows about kobolds [[Know(Local) 21 = 9 + 10 + 2 ]].

- As I know they ...
((Environment: temperate underground or deep forest.

Kobolds are creatures of the dark, found most commonly in enormous underground warrens or the dark corners of the forest where the sun is unable to reach.))
(05-12-2017, 06:15 PM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]"Does anyone know anything about Kobolds," Nex asks everyone?  "Humanoids [Knowledge: Local] is not something I've spent much time focusing upon."

[OoC: DM, I can't remember if we've talked about this but I know some DM's allow Character's to use Knowledge skills untrained as long as the DC of the question is no higher than 10.  In case you agree...
Knowledge: Local +5 = 11 (Whew... Just made it)  Nexendia is mainly trying to remember what Environment Kobolds are usually found? ]

[OoC2: Actually we did talk about it >here< and you stated that you think you will allow Knowledge Nobility and Local to be used Untrained.  Smile   I do plan to pick up the rest of the Knowledge skills over the next few levels.]

[OoC3: Are you accepting the Unchained options? ]

[[OOC1: I do remember that I did say yes to Local and Nobility.  But I can't allow any other skills untrained.  By definition, every other Knowledge skill implies a certain studiousness required.  A Laymen would not know about engineering unless he learned about it from an engineer or studied it in class or in a book, for example.  Sorry.

OOC2: See above.
OOC3: Yes, I'll accept them.  I'm also giving serious thought to Fractional Base Bonuses.  I've used them before as a player and I find it generally a better idea to not penalize a player not playing a class with a high BAB or save by forcing them to subtract the remainder of their bonus.

As for your question about Background skills...I think I like the idea of making characters more well-rounded by giving them a scholastic or apprenticeable skill for their background.  So, yes, you all can use Background skills. Smile ]]
(05-14-2017, 02:44 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [ -> ]As for your question about Background skills...I think I like the idea of making characters more well-rounded by giving them a scholastic or apprenticeable skill for their background.  So, yes, you all can use Background skills. Smile ]]

[OoC Will update Valdi's skills with the Background skill slots.]