RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nexendia will scrutinize the pile of loot and whispers, "Dadasd nerais!" 

[OoC: Casts Detect Magic and concentrates on the items.]
Sense Motive [1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21

((OOC: And I'm pretty sure my brain just gave it away... *always guesses the twist ending to movies*))
[[you know...I know of a lot of DMs who would only tell the players who succeeded at the roll what the result was.]]

Andra gets it.   It's sad, really.  Beneath the apathetic exterior is a sad feeling, the inevitable conclusion that Happs has reached: no matter what happens, he will die.

Nexendia appraises the items with magic and finds nothing magical.
Looking down at Happs, Andra holds a hand up to Vidar to indicate that he should back off a bit. She crouches down to the prisoner's level and speaks quietly.

"No choice? But somewhere along the way, a choice was made. None of the options may have been good ones, but it was a choice, nonetheless... So how came you to this, where you prey on the weak?"
(11-09-2016, 01:43 AM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: [ -> ]Looking down at Happs, Andra holds a hand up to Vidar to indicate that he should back off a bit. She crouches down to the prisoner's level and speaks quietly.

"No choice? But somewhere along the way, a choice was made. None of the options may have been good ones, but it was a choice, nonetheless... So how came you to this, where you prey on the weak?"

Vidar feels he got his point across to Happs. He leaves the Noble and the Robber to their talks, going off with a nod to Andra and Eran to sit ten feet away from the interrogation. He wipes the blood from his axe and sharpens the steel with his whetstone. He wonders if his brother Valdi still wishes to pass judgement on the one that lived, or do the fates have other plans in store for this one?
Valdi comes walking out of the stables, well satisfied that teh horses are secure for the moment. He walkls into the courtyard to see Vidar squating somne ten feet from where Andra interrogates  the leader of this small group of brigands, with Eran hovering nearby to listen.

He wanders over to wear Oleg is watching with his wife.

"Mind if I have my axes?" he asks the crofter. Upon being handed his throwing axes he merely nods and heads across the courtyard into the house.

A few moments later he comes back outside, idly scratching his scruffy beard and once again approaches oleg

"This man in particular, have you ever seen him commit murder? Or is it always just threat and extortion?"

For GM Dougfan:
If anyone bothers to look closely he is missing one throwing axe. That axe has been left inside the house, where it has been stuck into the hearth so the blade gets heated nice and red hot. (a hearthfire won't be hot enough to wreck the blade, but he just needs it hot enough to sear flesh.)
(11-09-2016, 01:43 AM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: [ -> ]Looking down at Happs, Andra holds a hand up to Vidar to indicate that he should back off a bit. She crouches down to the prisoner's level and speaks quietly.

"What difference does it make?  You caught me redhanded robbing a pair of defenseless folks in this godsforsaken land.  Who cares about choices?"  Andra only senses more of the bitter resignation building up with each word that passes his lips.

(11-09-2016, 03:18 AM)Valdi Wrote: [ -> ]Valdi comes walking out of the stables, well satisfied that teh horses are secure for the moment. He walkls into the courtyard to see Vidar squating somne ten feet from where Andra interrogates  the leader of this small group of brigands, with Eran hovering nearby to listen.

He wanders over to wear Oleg is watching with his wife.

"Mind if I have my axes?" he asks the crofter. Upon being handed his throwing axes he merely nods and heads across the courtyard into the house.

A few moments later he comes back outside, idly scratching his scruffy beard and once again approaches oleg

"This man in particular, have you ever seen him commit murder? Or is it always just threat and extortion?"

For GM Dougfan:
If anyone bothers to look closely he is missing one throwing axe.   That axe has been left inside the house, where it has been stuck into the hearth so the blade gets heated nice and red hot. (a hearthfire won't be hot enough to wreck the blade, but he just needs it hot enough to sear flesh.)

Oleg turns to the priest and blinks a few times at his questions.  "Hmm?  Him?  I, uh...I don't know.  Seen him commit murder?"  "No.  I've never seen him commit any murders, and neither have you, dear."  "But he's one of them!  He could have easily done it while we weren't there to see!"  "Perhaps, perhaps not.  But we were not around to witness it now, were we?"  Oleg just sighs in response and shakes his head.  "In fact, I think he was the one who kept that Kressle woman from hacking off Oleg's hand."  "Don't remind me. And that doesn't mean anything.  He's still a damn bandit!"  Oleg has no interest in couching the decibel level of his voice, and perhaps even tries to make sure Happs hears him say that.  Happs, for his part, seems to make no reaction.
Nexendia has no interest in Intimidation so she would leave that task to those who seemed more adept.  She does take some time to peruse the mundane items.  Nex take note of two days of rations, 2 alchemist fires for Scarf to fly over and drop on enemies and thinks the silver stag lord amulet seems kind of interesting but so would be the gold it could be sold for at the market.  She didn't know the exact price but Oleg's ran a trading post.  But she would wait until later when they were finished with scaring the young bandit senseless.  

Nexendia watches patiently while they interrogate the bandit and then she gets an idea.  She wasn't any good at interrogation but she could make him uncomfortable...

She moves to sit behind the bandit so he couldn't see her.  Then with a slight itching motion against the palm of her hand, Nexendia whispers, "Aidsh!" <Prestidigitation -- Itch! > 

[Save DC: 15; duration: 1 hour!  She can do this all night too!  She will switch it up ever so often.  Nex will make him smell terrible scents; chill his codpiece; make him feel like he's going to constantly sneeze; create small crude but wicked looking torture instruments (too fragile to actually use); etc. ]
When it seems like Andra is not about to get any more information out of the bandit, Valdi makes eye contact with his brother. Oncvce he knows he has Vidar's attention he motions for Vidar to keep watch over the bandit, gesturing at his own eyes then pointing at the bandit and mouthing "Watch him."

"Nexendia, Andra, Eran... might we have a word?" he beckons the others over.

Once everyone is close, he speaks in a low voice so that teh bandit does not hear him.

"We cannot accuse him of murder, there is no proof of that, but by his own admittance he is a thief and an extortionist. in the lands where we come from that is punishable by the removal of a hand, rather than by killing. We are a long way from any magistrate, and I would not leave him free to rejoin his friends. Nor can we expect Oleg to house him as a prisoner. I put it to you as a group. What say you all? Shall I mete out justice? it shall be quick, and clean, but I will not pretend it will not be harsh. But, I will not kill the man unless that is the groups decision rather than the hand."
Andra follows Valdi, and listens carefully. "I care not for judgment. Only truth. There are ways in which the law of our lands get in the way of survival. As much as he disbelieves it has bearing, his reason for ending up in this life has meaning... Though I agree that we should not let him be a burden on ourselves or our hosts... I was thinking of branding him, and sending him back the way we came. Make him find his way in the city, wearing the consequences of his life."