RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Nothing so dramatic. Stealing implies a lack of consent..." Changing the subject, she turns to the other men, and seeing that her group is slowly joining them, she begins introductions. "The brothers, Vidar and Valdi," she waves her hand to indicate the two Northerners. Then she sweeps it around to point out Eran and Nexendia. "Our casters, Eran and Nexendia. The latter, of course, being my own kin, from a different branch of Medvyed." She points out Happs, wherever he happens to be. "Our new subject, Happs." Then she turns to Oleg and Svetlana. "And lastly, our gracious hosts, Oleg and Svetlana."
Valdi smiles and waves with his left hand from above on the wall-walk when he hears Andra introduce him and his brother, then his hand returns to the bowstring, arrow still nocked. He keeps the bow pointed downward, but it is obvious that he could draw, aim and loose in a heart-beat should it be necessary. His expression remains neutral, he bears no ill will towards these men, but he will defend his companions and hosts without hesitation should the newcomers prove false.
(02-21-2017, 06:24 PM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: [ -> ]"Nothing so dramatic. Stealing implies a lack of consent..." Changing the subject, she turns to the other men, and seeing that her group is slowly joining them, she begins introductions. "The brothers, Vidar and Valdi," she waves her hand to indicate the two Northerners. Then she sweeps it around to point out Eran and Nexendia. "Our casters, Eran and Nexendia. The latter, of course, being my own kin, from a different branch of Medvyed." She points out Happs, wherever he happens to be. "Our new subject, Happs." Then she turns to Oleg and Svetlana. "And lastly, our gracious hosts, Oleg and Svetlana."

Kesten nods at each, giving Happs a curious look when she introduces him as a 'subject'.  Happs, for his part, throws his hood up over his head at that comment, noting in response "Does the honorable noble of the house Medvyed wish to know that there is one additional head that came into this trading post than was initially seen outside?"

Kesten gives him a glare at that, but Happs doesn't see it as his gaze is focused outwards over the 'battlements.'
((Poke poke...>.>))
Nexendia climbs down one of the ladders and then strolls over to Kresten.  She takes a moment to politely curtsy to the nobleman and introduce herself and her house.  She doesn't try to be particularly formal.  Men (and women) needed to earn respect by deed and this individual has much to prove before his prior scandals were scrubbed from people's minds, if they ever could be.  After all, gossip is the life blood of any court.  Even the serfs indulged in the hearsay of the noble houses at the markets.
Andra looks quizzically at Happs, not understanding what he's getting at. "Speak plainly, Happs. What 'additional head'?"
Realizing that there must have been one more warrior hidden outside, out of sight in addition to the trio he saw with Kesten, Valdi merely nods at Happs.

He speaks loudly to Happs, deliberately pitched so that his voice carries down to the yard.
"Good eye, friend. Cannot say I blame them for having one warrior keep hidden, but why reveal himself now."
(03-02-2017, 03:43 PM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: [ -> ]Andra looks quizzically at Happs, not understanding what he's getting at. "Speak plainly, Happs. What 'additional head'?"

Happs turns briefly, keeping his eyes on the wilderness, and responds "Simply that there are..."

That is about as far as he gets before Kesten interrupts him.  "You must be referring to my scout, Gael."  One of the men looks up and throws the hood of his cloak back, revealing distinctly human features and a shock of red hair.
(03-02-2017, 05:39 PM)Valdi Wrote: [ -> ]Realizing that there must have been one more warrior hidden outside, out of sight in addition to the trio he saw with Kesten, Valdi merely nods at Happs.

He speaks loudly to Happs, deliberately pitched so that his voice carries down to the yard.
"Good eye, friend. Cannot say I blame them for having one warrior keep hidden, but why reveal himself now."

Kesten gives Andra a curious look.  "I had assumed you would understand our need for...subtlety, given that we had no idea who would be inside the Trading Post when we arrived.  If you had been a pack of the bandits that we'd been led to believe roamed this area..."  He holds up the summons that you and he share "We would have been forced into action.  Surely you recognize the need for it.  Our task was to support and defend this structure and the lives of the people within, from the ravages of the wilderness without.  As to the why he revealed himself, we are inside, are we not?  And Master Oleg seems quite alive and well and trusting of you lot."
"As I said, the need for 'subtlety' is well understood. I am reassured that you trust us enough to let go of that advantage. ButI only speak for myseklf."

Despite his calm words the bow is still kept at the ready, he obviously takes the role of overwatch quite seriously, and has not judged yet that it will not be needed.
Andra nods, seeming to have her caution placated about the subject. "Of course. Forgive our wariness. We are expecting some bandits to come looking for their comrades soon." Looking up at Happs, she says "Thank you for the warning, Happs."

Directing her attention back to Kesten, she motions to the taskboard that Oleg set up. "Our host Oleg has set up a place to post bounties and other tasks for us. For now, this is serving as our home base, as it were, though I fear we will soon outgrow it." She takes time to point out where everything is, so that Kesten and his men can get around on their own.