RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Greetings Sir. Ma'am."

He nods to Oleg, then to his wife, his demeanor polite if somewhat gruff. 

"It is as the fair maid says, we are here at the behest of the Swordlords to civilize the Greenbelt," he chuckles ruefully. "Though we be an odd collection of people for such a task, we might have just the skills needed."

"The food smells delicious, the road was not that far, less than a days travel, but a nice meal would be most welcomed."
Oleg listens to Valdi speak and notices something important that isn't said.  Apparently, Svetlana catches it as well because Oleg doesnt stop her from saying it.

"You say the Swordlords sent you here to tame the land.  Did they mention anything about us?  Anything about our particular...problem?"

Oleg, in particular, leans in to listen with intent.

((Roll Sense Motive, please))
[[OOC - Eran rolls a Prescience dice (Foresight class feature) and use it as Diplomacy check (20=11+9) Prescience (1/8) [1d20] = 11 ; Sense Motive [1d20+6] = 17+6 = 23 ]]

Eran turns to Oleg and asks in enchanting voice:
- We heard that some bandits are in nearby, but that's all what we know. What is your problem? How can we help to you?
Oleg and Svetlana both listen to Eran intently, and when he finishes, their faces seem to fall a bit.   Oleg throws his hands up in the air in frustration and grumbles out a loud curse, palming and rubbing his face.  Svetlana seems to recover quickly enough and turns to you with pleading eyes.

"You mean you weren't told that we've been under constant attack from bandits?  That they pillage and raid our little establishment every month and threaten us without mercy?"

"They probably don't even care, dearest.  They were sent here as explorers, not guardsmen."

"But at least they're willing to hear us out, yes?"

((Your Sense Motive seems to give you the hunch that they are telling the truth, and are both frightened beyond words.  They know that they won't be able to manage for much longer.))
"We were sent... to deal with whatever gets in the way. These bandits seem to fit that description." She had figured they would, when she'd read the note. Bandits are bad for trade. You can't build anything resembling a civilization without trade. This little fort was in the perfect spot, which might be why the bandits were so interested in it. Smart bandits. She glances at the door. "Every month, you say? On schedule, or randomly? How long would you guess until their next visit?"
"Their first visit was three months ago.  They threatened to burn our home down and...and..." Svetlana struggles with this next part, then just decides to gloss over it, clearly frightened and holding something back.  "They threatened us with this if we did not agree to hand over all our furs and trade goods that we had accumulated over the previous month from hunters and trappers.  Since then, they have returned twice more.  Each time within an hour of sunrise on the first day of the month.  Their next visit will be tomorrow."
"That's convenient." She looks to the others, swiftly appointing herself in charge of the situation. "I suppose we're staying the night, then, no?" Looking back at the outpost's caretakers. "I assume you have spare beds. We shall pay you." she declares, acting as if this were an ordinary stop at an inn, not a potentially life-saving endeavor.
- Yes, we stay here to punish those bandits!

He takes his charter and shows it first to Oleg and after to his wife. Eran looks expectantly to Svetlana as he asks them:

- If you know anything more about the bandits, then don't hesitate and tell it! Every little bit of information might come in handy.
[url=[1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3]Sense Motive[/url]

After remaining quiet and listening and soaking up the surroundings of Oleg's outpost, Vidar at last speaks to Oleg and Svetlana.  "How many?... Where do they come from?"

Once he gets this information Vidar approaches his brother Valdi and speaks in his native tongue.  "What do you think Valdi? Should we lay a trap for these bandits?"  He holds up his bear trap.  "Or do you think we should try and convince these bandits to give up their criminal ways and join us instead?"
Valdi strokes his beard and grins at his brother.

He replies in Skaldic. "I will not countenance banditry. They will give up their criminal ways, and reformed shall feed the garden, once they are slain."

[Sense Motive [1d20+4] = 6+4 = 10]

Switching to Common, he finally speaks.
"My brother and I shall bend our wills to ridding you of these bandits as well. We know they are coming, and they may not even have seen us arrive.  We should try to use that to our advantage."

"My brother and sir Eran are correct we need to know everything about them that you know. Jaw many of them are there? How are they equipped? Do they all come into the fort? Do some hang back? Do they have reinforcements waiting even further back? How can we single out their leader?  I know I am barraging you with questions, but any of that information will aid us."

Turning to Andra he says.
"You have an agile mind lass.  Do you have an idea how best we can use our resources to ambush the bandits?"