RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- IMHO we should mix the two options: settle here and start to discover the nearby areas.
Nex was relieved the prisoner seemed to see reason rather than being pig-headed.  She leaves Scarf by the door to the room where Andra was feeding the Bandit.  With their empathy, Scarf could instantly warn her if he tried anything to harm Andra. 

Nexendia then walks quietly outside to see what the brothers were up to.  Upon hearing them making plans to possibly go hunting and scouting, she quietly says, "I'm confident you are both experienced hunters but this is untamed wilderness.  Splitting our strength could invite all sorts of mishaps.  His friends could have ambushes waiting for unfamiliar travelers."
(12-14-2016, 08:07 PM)Eran Wrote: [ -> ] - IMHO we should mix the two options: settle here and start to discover the nearby areas.

Ooc- Was this out of character?

(12-21-2016, 04:03 AM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]Nex was relieved the prisoner seemed to see reason rather than being pig-headed.  She leaves Scarf by the door to the room where Andra was feeding the Bandit.  With their empathy, Scarf could instantly warn her if he tried anything to harm Andra. 

Nexendia then walks quietly outside to see what the brothers were up to.  Upon hearing them making plans to possibly go hunting and scouting, she quietly says, "I'm confident you are both experienced hunters but this is untamed wilderness.  Splitting our strength could invite all sorts of mishaps.  His friends could have ambushes waiting for unfamiliar travelers."

Vidar notices the elven mage approach them and is a bit stunned by her keen mind.  After a look of concentration he replies in his thick Skald accent, "I admit I did not consider that. If there are others and they attack us, then we kill them, take their weapons, and come back for Happ's head for betraying us." Vidar seems unfazed, and a bit brash about their odds of success in an ambush but willing to take the risk.  He pauses a moment and takes a look around at the dilapidated old fort.  "This fort needs many repairs.  At least we should scout for lumber to patch these walls.  I am no builder but I can fell a few trees.  I do not see your little friend Lady Nexendia, where is he?"
[OoC: About what time is it?  I keep imagining it being night time. ]

"I left him with Andra.  Scarf and I share a connection.  If the prisoner decides to do something foolish, Scarf's fear will alert me to trouble.  He knows enough to get away from danger and will follow the prisoner at a distance if he somehow escapes."

"Your idea of fixing up the fort is a good one.  Fortifying obvious points of entry and places for Oleg and his wife to hide, may offer us a few extra minutes if there is an attack."
[[It is Evening, close to sunset]]

Happs makes no obvious or covert moves after Andra unties his hands, instead looking around for the proverbial other shoe to drop when he is offered bread.
Andra shrugs as Happs just looks around nervously. "Well, if you don't want it, I'll happily eat it. Haven't had the opportunity for breakfast this morning." She breaks off a small piece of the bread and eats it.
Scarf huffs a little then squawks with annoyance when he sees everyone eating without offering him any.  

'How rude!'  Scarf thinks to himself.
(12-21-2016, 04:03 AM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]Nex was relieved the prisoner seemed to see reason rather than being pig-headed.  She leaves Scarf by the door to the room where Andra was feeding the Bandit.  With their empathy, Scarf could instantly warn her if he tried anything to harm Andra. 

[OoC  just making sure you have events/locations in order:
Happs is outside not indoors, still sitting in teh courtyard, though no longer tied up.

The brothers were in the stables, but Valdi has already left the stables and walked back out to the group. 
I think Vidar was speaking in Skaldic when he suggested the hunt to Valdi, which Valdi ignored as his brother being foolish (I did not suggest the hunt, I came out and asked teh group what next)]

"Going on a hunt right now would be a fool's errand, unless it were to hunt these brigands. Either we need to forrtify the outpost, ort we need to find a way to take the fight to the bandits. Either way we need to do it as a group or we are doomed to fail. Now is not teh time to go looking for wild game. Happ's skill as a hunter is NOT for the immediate moment, but rather a way for him to earn his keep for Oleg"
(12-21-2016, 02:58 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [ -> ][[It is Evening, close to sunset]]

Happs makes no obvious or covert moves after Andra unties his hands, instead looking around for the proverbial other shoe to drop when he is offered bread.

[OoC How did it get to be evening so quickly?? LOL     We literally just fought the bandits after dawn, rounded up the horses and bodies, questioned Happ a little bit and discussed his fate with a few minutes of conversation. Andra went inside and got a loaf of bread while Valdi/Vidar had their short convo in the stables and it suddenly became evening. LOL if the moon rises and mist comes up I will know we are in Ravenloft.  ]
[[Well I didn't think you'd oppose me moving things along as this has sort have stalled a little lately.  Mainly my fault, I had a pretty rotten week last week...what with the food poisoning and the infection and the bedbugs.]]

Happs sighs and accepts some bread.  "Don't mistake me.  It's not that I don't trust you.  It's that I don't trust anyone right now.  Myself included."