RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
since they woke up, Valdi obviously does not throw the branch, though he still backs up a few paces (about 10 feet).
Nexendia moves so as to put someone with heavier armor between her and the spear wielding Kobolds.  

"I promise you, we do not wish to take your radishes," Nex replies politely in Draconic.  "We are searching for the Sootscale Kobolds.  Would you happen to be them?"
(04-19-2018, 09:42 PM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]Nexendia moves so as to put someone with heavier armor between her and the spear wielding Kobolds.  

"I promise you, we do not wish to take your radishes," Nex replies politely in Draconic.  "We are searching for the Sootscale Kobolds.  Would you happen to be them?"

The kobolds blink as they look in the direction of Nexendia's voice, attempting to see past whatever wall of muscle she is currently hiding behind.

"Yark!  Yark-Yark!  Yark Yark Yark!"

"Yark!  Ark Yark!"

"Yark Yark!  Rakka-Yark!"

Translation:
"Hey!  How you know about Sootscale?  You want hurt Chief?  Like Turtuk?"
"Shush, bruh!  You stoopid or somethin'?  Tartuk hear everything!"
"I dun care!  He don't represent me."

It seems like rather boring conversation anyway...unless you speak Cockney-Dragon.

Happs glances over to Nexendia and says out of the corner of his mouth.

"What the heck are they saying?"
Who is Turtuk? Has he ever heard this name?
Tushou [1d20+5] = 14+5 = 19 knowledge local

Tushou goes closer (25ft).

Yark Yark!  Rakka-Yark! Yark Yark!
Yark ark!  Akka-Yark! Yark Yark!

Translation
Yeah, we know everything about you, we are friends of Turtuk!
Drop your weapons or you will be dead.

Tushou [1d20-1] = 18-1 = 17 bluff
Nexendia hoped that Tushou picked the correct side to be 'friends' with because she wasn't sure that it sounded like they liked Turtuk. 

Nex whispers to Tushou, "Are you sure about this?  I'm not sure they are saying they like Turtuk.  He might be saying, do you want to hurt their chief like Turtuk does.  Maybe there is some kind of civil war in the tribe and Turtuk is trying to take over the Kobolds by killing the chief!  One of them seemed scared of Turkuk while the other seemed defiant of Turtuk."  

Nexendia watches their reactions carefully.  If it looks like they are reacting in any negative way, Nex will say, "I'm sorry but my friend didn't quite understand your words.  We don't want to hurt you.  We heard there that something was bothering the Sootscale and we came to see if we could help the situation.  Please tell me what has you all riled up?" 
(04-25-2018, 08:05 PM)Tushou Wrote: [ -> ]Who is Turtuk? Has he ever heard this name?
Tushou [1d20+5] = 14+5 = 19 knowledge local

Tushou goes closer (25ft).

Yark Yark!  Rakka-Yark! Yark Yark!
Yark ark!  Akka-Yark! Yark Yark!

Translation
Yeah, we know everything about you, we are friends of Turtuk!
Drop your weapons or you will be dead.

Tushou [1d20-1] = 18-1 = 17 bluff

[[You don't actually know whom this Tartuk is, but your rolls were really good for a number of reasons...]]

One of the kobolds blinks and lifts a quivering finger at Tushou before turning and gibbering at his pal.

"Arkarkark!  Yip!"

Google Translate:
"You see!  Tartuk EVERYWHERE!  Even with Hoomans!"

The Kobolds turn and run in the nearest free direction, disappearing to all but Andra and Happs who almost release their arrows, but think about it first.
Nexendia just sighs as her words were ignored.  

[OoC: Does she at least have time to cast a full round spell before they disappear? ]
(04-26-2018, 06:54 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [ -> ]The Kobolds turn and run in the nearest free direction, disappearing to all but Andra and Happs who almost release their arrows, but think about it first.

Is there any free direction? Aren't we surround them? Smile

http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....5#pid32395

I thought we have flanked them and now they are among us. 

Tushou is about 25ft with a javelin in his hand.

Can't we act? Roll for init? Etc?

Yark Rayark Yarik Yak Yip Man!

Translation
We will eat your radishes if you run away! Yum-yum!

OOC - Sorry Nex Smile I thought we can capture them.
Can't your familiar watch them? Follow them? Maybe they lead us to their camp, cave.
Eran just waits and lets the muscles to catch them.
Valdi had his throwing axe in his hand and ready, had even backed up a few steps to giv himself the extra ten feet he needs to extend his range increment for throwing. If he can he will throw an axe into a tree in front of a fleeing kobold. Hoping to steer it in the direction of one of the party.