RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Vidar will continue with his brother Valdi's plan, placing hay bails to block paths to the fort's walls from the courtyard. After, he will set up a hiding spot inside the wagon, a place for an enlarged warrior to attack unlucky bandits from a position of height (+1 to attack?). Perhaps a few furs or a large burlap sack would be enough to hide said warrior. In between the storage pen and the main hall, Vidar will attempt to fabricate a make-shift tower shield to hide behind in the small alleyway, to charge his foes from. (between A4 and A6) Lastly, he will prepare his bear trap, burying it a foot in the ground, staking the chain, and covering it with local debris and hay. He will warn the others not to step there. That would be a bad he thinks.
((Thank you Vidar. Can everyone please give me a outline of some sort of what their character plans to do for the night.))
"Vidar , brother, you and I need to be behind the open doors to close them, not across teh courtyard behind a hield  the doors will be wide open, we need to each stand behind them and beneath the wall walk. We can try to hide behind debris, but if we do not close those gates behind them then they can escape. If you want to get Eran to make you bigger that coukld be great, but being across teh courtyard means I have to close the gates alone. i will not be able to do that quickly."

[OoC by the looks of the wall walk images it looks possible to stand beneath the wall walk, behind the gates with the gates fully open.  Is this correct. and possible? 
That way when the foe rides in our watchers on the walls can let us know when most are inside and we can swiftly shut the gate.   Shutting the gate will expose us to attack, but the plan is to hopefully be able to defend ourselves while our allies attack with missiles and magic from the wall walks above.]
((It is possible, yes. There is an entrance to the wall walk on either side of the front gate. That's the only place you can't hide beneath))
[OoC oh you mean we CANNOT stand under the wall walk on either side of the gate due to stairs?]
((It would be difficult to do that. Unless he's going to crouch/bend/stoop/what have you the whole time.))
((To answer some questions I've likely not answered: The wooden palisade is 10 feet high and it is a DC15 Climb check to scale it. The watchtowers at each corner are 20 feet square. The catapults are broken-down, in no condition to be fired, and would take many weeks of work to repair to that point. The gate is 30 feet wide and the doors swing outward.))
(09-14-2016, 12:52 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [ -> ]((To answer some questions I've likely not answered: The wooden palisade is 10 feet high and it is a DC15 Climb check to scale it.  The watchtowers at each corner are 20 feet square.  The catapults are broken-down, in no condition to be fired, and would take many weeks of work to repair to that point.  The gate is 30 feet wide and the doors swing outward.))

[OoC Outward? That changes things. I was going by the map, which shows them swinging in]

"We need to rethink how we are getting thegates closed. The safer way would be for two people to hang drop down the outside of the wall, and close them from the outside. We could have braces stashed behind the open doors to be used to brace them shut. the problem with that plan means two people have to do it and that means two less people able to be involved in much of the battle. They could tie off ropes to climb back up , but that will take them valuable time."

"The alternative is pretty grim though. Pulling the gates shut from the inside in the midst of battle."
(09-13-2016, 12:25 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [ -> ]((Thank you Vidar.  Can everyone please give me a outline of some sort of what their character plans to do for the night.))

OOC - Eran doesn't plan anything for the night.
(09-13-2016, 12:25 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [ -> ]((Thank you Vidar.  Can everyone please give me a outline of some sort of what their character plans to do for the night.))

[Ooc Since Valdi does not renew his spells until after dawn he is anticipating not having time to rememorize until AFTER the bandit battle, since they supposedly arrive just after dawn. for the night he will enjoy the dinner that the hosts provide and compliment them on their generosity, then settle down for the night where they bid him. He will rise several hours early, while it is still dark to get ready.  We need to finalize what we are doing before you move to the next morning though]