RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-17-2018, 12:58 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [ -> ]As the Boars move in, Tushou heaves his javelin, which flies through the air like a massive dart and slams into the earth near one of the boars, missing by a hair.  Happs follows by releasing an arrow from his composite bow at that same boar.  The arrowhead jams into the boar's flank, causing it to squeal in pain.  Andra is next, and chooses a boar next to that one.  In a flash, her shortbow is up and with a twang, her own arrow drives into that boar's side, accompanied by another squeal.

Eran is up next.

Ooc - I believe Eran's player will be away for a little while if I'm not mistaken.  I suggest he follow Valdi's plan and enlarge him on his turn.
[OoC:  Is this still round one?  Or was my Armor Spell part of Round 1?  I will post my action...]

Nex moves to a position that still allows her to have a clear shot but still back far enough so the boars would have to run past the group to get to her.

[Attack +3; Result 15; Damage 5]
[[Which are you attacking? 1, 2, 3, or 4? Happs hit 1, Andra hit 2.]]
[OoC: If she can see one that looks weaker then she will shoot that one.  If not then she shoots #1. ]
Eran reaches into his component bag, pulls out some powdered iron and flings it into the air, poking his wiggling fingers through the dust as he chants "Engorgio!" the spark of magic power strikes Valdi. He begins to feel an odd sense of minor vertigo as he is suddenly thrust to double his own height and weight, but he certainly feels stronger.

[[Eran casts the requested Enlarge Person on Valdi.]]

The boars rear back slightly in seeming surprise as one of their morsels suddenly grows much larger. They approach the group cautiously, giving Valdi an opportunity to strike.

[[Valdi gains an AoO against Boar1]]
Valdi grows to immense size, his bardiche now a tremendous size.

He grins. 
"Come here little porkchop"

And the huge chopping blade sweeps down into the poor animal.
Bardiche Att.- enlarged [1d20+4] = 15+4 = 19, Damage (enlarged) [2d8+6] = 12+6 = 18
Valdi's bardiche slams down, cleaving a furrow in the earth...but not before neatly bisecting the boar's hide, muscle, sinew, and bone above it.  The boar barely has time to squeal in response before blood and gore proceed the two halves separating and collapsing onto the ground.  The remaining boars grunt loudly at the smell of fresh blood, driven into a mad frenzy.

2: [1d10] = 6, 3: [1d10] = 4, 4: [1d10] = 3

The boars seem...understandably concerned by the massive wall of muscle and steel before them and elect to seek seemingly easier meat.  They make their way outside what they think is Valdi's danger zone and try to work around him to get at the back line.

Tushou 
Happs
Eran 
Andra
Boar2 
Boar3 
Nexendia 
Boar4
Valdi 
Vidar

[[Nexendia's turn is up]]
In next round Tushou moves trough Andra's field to defend the back line, Eran and the kobolds. He also draws a new javelin as part of his movement and throws it targeting the nearest boar.

Behind me! - he yells in draconic (perhaps they will appreciate if we are saving their life too)

Tushou javelin attack: [1d20+4] = 13+4 = 17 damage: [1d6+6] = 6+6 = 12
(10-18-2018, 01:22 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [ -> ][[Nexendia's turn is up]]

[[Should I choose a boat at random for her to attack?  The one she targeted died to Valdi’s attack.]]
(10-17-2018, 05:34 AM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ][OoC:  Is this still round one?  Or was my Armor Spell part of Round 1?  I will post my action...]

Nex moves to a position that still allows her to have a clear shot but still back far enough so the boars would have to run past the group to get to her.

[Attack +3; Result 15; Damage 5]

[OoC: I'm a little confused.  Is this the same round as my first Crossbow attack? [See above] If it is, I will target a boar that is damaged.  If possible she will shoot the boar closest to Valdi (but not in melee with Valdi because I don't want any penalties.]

[OoC2: But if this is a new attack, she will do 1 of 2 things.]

First Possible Action... Wrote:Nex reloads her light crossbow [move action] then fires at another boar that close to but not in melee with Valdi.  

[Crossbow, light +3; Result 13; Damage 8

IF for some reason the boars are coming after me then... 

Second Possible Action... Wrote:Nex raises a hand and whispers, "Bentuk edar kendala."  For the briefest of moments, a hovering shield appears then vanishes.

[Shield spell.  AC with Mage Armor Spell =17; AC including shield spell =21]