RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
-post incoming. Sorry, at work right now-
(05-26-2018, 07:21 PM)Vidar the Red Wrote: [ -> ]Vidar stands back as well but in a position that keeps them surrounded. As much as he liked swinging his axe into flesh, finding out more about these kobolds was more important.  "Are these the kobolds we are looking for?" Vidar asks Nexendia since he is unable to understand the yapping and yarking between them.

Nex whispers in common, "It appears so.  Though they seem to be reluctant to explain why someone named Turtuk would want to harm their chief.  According to the Bounty, we are suppose to find out why the Sootscale Kobolds, who are normally not a problem, are riled up and get it under control.  If someone is trying to harm their chief, that would be a pretty good reason why they are acting strangely."

She then says to the Kobolds, "Do any of you speak Common?"
(05-24-2018, 05:49 PM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]"His way? What do you mean by that?  Why would his way hurt your chief?" Nex asks.

[OoC: Sense Motive +2; Result 13]

The kobold shrugs and blinks a few times.  "His way worshipping Old Sharptooth."  The kobolds all shudder and bow their heads just at the name.  Their scales darken slightly as well.

It's a little hard to tell what they are referring to or why they reacted in this way.  They also do not answer Nexendia's second question, seemingly avoiding it.  As if they were hesitant and it was not their place to speak.
Nexendia looks at her companion with a bit of annoyance.  

"I understand you're scared or are forbidden to speak of certain things.  But if you don't tell us what is going on then how can we attempt to make things better for you?  I'm told the humans are wondering what has got your people riled up.  This seems to be an opportunity to solve this problem while the humans are still interested in investigating.  I do not know how long the humans will use a gentle hand to deal with whatever has your tribe upset.  Please allow us to help before their concern gives way to fear.  When people get scared they begin to act rashly and I don't want anyone to be injured or worse.  If you have no more information to offer, you could instead take us to your leader.  He would have the authority to tell us more."
Vidar stands impatiently.  He doesn't understand what is going on or why these little devils haven't been tied up yet. As he stands there waiting, he rotates his shoulders to loosen them up...

Ooc - Nex and the kobolds have done a lot of yapping and he doesn't speak yapping Smile
If Elan doesn't do it, Nex will translate between  their verbal exchanges.
"Lady Nexendia, how proceed the negotiations? We have no idea what they are saying to you, or you to them.?
(06-05-2018, 02:30 AM)Valdi Wrote: [ -> ]"Lady Nexendia, how proceed the negotiations? We have no idea what they are saying to you, or you to them.?

As mentioned, Nexendia translates the conversation if Elan doesn't.  "They are skittish.  I wish someone who is more skilled in diplomacy would handle the negotiations.  But I hope I impressed upon them that we are here to help."
"I think I would only succeed in terrifying them, actually I am rather good at that"
Eran doesn't want that the kobolds know that he also understands the draconic.
This secret can come handy in the future.