RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Vidar turns to his brother, in Skald he says, "I do not trust this coward. He says we should not go after his boss because she outnumbers us yet we have only three days before she comes to us. There must be other settlers out here that they prey upon. If we could find them and protect their homes then Kressle will have to investigate all these places, weakening her forces. I say we move out now and not make it any easier on Kressle."

..."Happs, I do not like you. You stink of cowardice. Maybe that is why you play lap-dog to this Kressle and bend to her will, robbing from hard working people instead of defending them." Vidar lays into Happs in his heavy accent, his apathy apparently appreciated was not by Vidar. Besides, he wanted to get a rise out of Happs. "Master Oleg, do you have a map of these lands?" Vidar calls out to Oleg, something on his mind. He begins to ask a series of questions one by one. (I hope someone has a map)
"Show us where Kressle's camp is on this map."
"Where does she send patrols?"
" Are there any other hideouts she has?"
"Who else does your band of robbers steal from? Where are they?"
"Are you willing to steal back from Kressle what she has stolen and give it back to the people?"
(11-16-2016, 03:03 PM)Vidar the Red Wrote: [ -> ]Vidar turns to his brother, in Skald he says, "I do not trust this coward. He says we should not go after his boss because she outnumbers us yet we have only three days before she comes to us.  There must be other settlers out here that they prey upon. If we could find them and protect their homes then Kressle will have to investigate all these places, weakening her forces. I say we move out now and not make it any easier on Kressle."

..."Happs, I do not like you. You stink of cowardice. Maybe that is why you play lap-dog to this Kressle and bend to her will, robbing from hard working people instead of defending them." Vidar lays into Happs in his heavy accent, his apathy apparently appreciated was not by Vidar.  Besides, he wanted to get a rise out of Happs. "Master Oleg, do you have a map of these lands?" Vidar calls out to Oleg, something on his mind. He begins to ask a series of questions one by one. (I hope someone has a map)
"Show us where Kressle's camp is on this map."
"Where does she send patrols?"
" Are there any other hideouts she has?"
"Who else does your band of robbers steal from? Where are they?"
"Are you willing to steal back from Kressle what she has stolen and give it back to the people?"

"You know...I really don't think you truly appreciate the gravity of your position here.  True, you beat up myself and a gang of thugs, but that gives you nothing in terms of intelligence.  You managed to take the smartest one alive, which is a credit to those smarter than you, but now you are threatening me, mocking me, challenging me to tell you things I may or may not know.  A smarter leader might be a bit more...diplomatic to someone like me, make me a bit more forthright in giving you the information you seek.  As it turns out, I know a few of the answers you seek, but nothing of the rest.  But you won't get much from me by bullying me into speaking.  Unless you want false information, that is.  And don't bother threatening my life anymore.  I know for a fact that it'll get you nowhere fast in terms of getting the answers you want.  So you don't like me.  I don't give a rat's ass, meat-sack.  I'm not talking to you or anyone else who doesn't show me some simple decency."

(( Confused Vidar, while your Intimidate check was phenomenal, I've always been of the opinion that words are important.  And you can't have a bad cop without a good cop.))
"I have shown you decency," Nexendia replies.  "I've offered you a chance to surrender and I've offered you a chance to redeem yourself so you might be granted clemency under the law.  I'm no diplomat and lets face it, you don't appear to be the type who would be swayed by fancy words.  So let me speak plainly to you.  I want to help you but this can only go one of two ways.  Either you remove the chip off your shoulder and help us to the best of your ability or my friends here," she motions toward the vikings, "Will choose not to drag around 200 pounds of useless information and likely decide to remove more than the chip from your shoulders.  Please don't take this as a threat.  I'm even less skilled in intimidation than I am at diplomacy.  I'm offering you the path of least resistance that will earn you not only your freedom but you life."

Nexendia gazes pleadingly into his eyes, hoping he takes her up on her offer.
In Skaldic to his brother. "I do not trust him either, but let us give him the chance required by the law. I would prefer that he proves my suspicions wrong, than to prove them right."

"So three days until she gets suspicious, that is helpful to know."

"You see brother, he can be helpful, he just requires an understanding of how best to make himself useful, that he might avoid the headsman's axe."

"I myself do not relish the job of headsman, so please, continue to make yourself useful, and once Kressle is no longer a threat mayhap you can retire to a comfortable life without needing to resort to brigandry."

"How long after she becomes suspicious would we expect her to come at us?"

"So she would have no other raiders out pillaging the locals, except a group in Pitax? How far is Pitax?"

"Can you draw us ion a map where her camp or base is? Where Pitax is, and where any other communities or settlers she has targeted are located?"
:
Eran sits in front Happs and tries to foresight into the near future but black clouds are blinded his eyes. (ooc - Prescience (2/8) (Diplomacy vs. Happs) [1d20] = 1)

You've heard our offers, what do you choose? I promise we'll be white with you.
ooc - He tries to be a good cop, but not so successful as Vidar. Diplomacy vs Happs [1d20+9] = 5+9 = 14
Vidar turns a dark red as Happs delivers his insults.  He looks like he's about to tear Happs' head right off his shoulders....then suddenly he erupts in laughter.  "Hahahaha.  So you do have some balls between those legs!  What a shame you work for robbers and thieves!  What do you have against Master Oleg and his wife?  Hahaha!"

Ooc - had he not already been defeated in battle Vidar would have swung on him.  But since he's tied up and defenseless, it's not "good" to torture prisoners Smile
(11-20-2016, 05:32 PM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]"I have shown you decency," Nexendia replies.  "I've offered you a chance to surrender and I've offered you a chance to redeem yourself so you might be granted clemency under the law.  I'm no diplomat and lets face it, you don't appear to be the type who would be swayed by fancy words.  So let me speak plainly to you.  I want to help you but this can only go one of two ways.  Either you remove the chip off your shoulder and help us to the best of your ability or my friends here," she motions toward the vikings, "Will choose not to drag around 200 pounds of useless information and likely decide to remove more than the chip from your shoulders.  Please don't take this as a threat.  I'm even less skilled in intimidation than I am at diplomacy.  I'm offering you the path of least resistance that will earn you not only your freedom but you life."

Nexendia gazes pleadingly into his eyes, hoping he takes her up on her offer.

Happs sighs heavily, his body nearly shuddering with the effort considering his bound condition.  "Well, what choice do I have in the matter, anyway?  I can't return to the camp, I'll die alone out there in the wilds, and you've got me all helpless and at your mercy, love.  What else can I do but bend to your will?"  It's very hard to tell if he's being blunt, fatalistic, or facetious.

(11-21-2016, 09:15 AM)Valdi Wrote: [ -> ]In Skaldic to his brother. "I do not trust him either, but let us give him the chance required by the law. I would prefer that he proves my suspicions wrong, than to prove them right."

"So three days until she gets suspicious, that is helpful to know."

"You see brother, he can be helpful, he just requires an understanding of how best to make himself useful, that he might avoid the headsman's axe."

"I myself do not relish the job of headsman, so please, continue to make yourself useful, and once Kressle is no longer a threat mayhap you can retire to a comfortable life without needing to resort to brigandry."

"How long after she becomes suspicious would we expect her to come at us?"

"So she would have no other raiders out pillaging the locals, except a group in Pitax? How far is Pitax?"

"Can you draw us ion a map where her camp or base is? Where Pitax is, and where any other communities or settlers she has targeted are located?"
:

"Bloody...you guys don't ask for much, now do ya?  Pitax is far to the Southwest.  Would take, I'd guesstimate, a month's travel on foot.  There's nothing else settled anywhere near here, nothing survives these lands.  But Kressle's got her camp about 2 day's travel southwest of here, straight as the raven flies."

(11-21-2016, 10:58 PM)Vidar the Red Wrote: [ -> ]Vidar turns a dark red as Happs delivers his insults.  He looks like he's about to tear Happs' head right off his shoulders....then suddenly he erupts in laughter.  "Hahahaha.  So you do have some balls between those legs!  What a shame you work for robbers and thieves!  What do you have against Master Oleg and his wife?  Hahaha!"

Ooc - had he not already been defeated in battle Vidar would have swung on him.  But since he's tied up and defenseless, it's not "good" to torture prisoners Smile

"I bet I got a bigger pair than you, ugly.  I got nothin' against them.  Or mebbe ya didn't hear I kept Oleg's parts together last time she was here.  Bein' a bandit's better than bein' food."
Vidar looks at the others gathered nearby, clearly perturbed. Valdi can see the signs of another bloodrage coming over him, but Vidar just walks away...

He will tend to the horses.
Valdi watches his brothers departure with an impassive gaze. He knows that is the best they are going to get from his brother when it comes to accepting that the prisoner should be allowed to prove his redemption.

As he speaks to Happs, Valdi pitches his voice so that eveeryone, Oleg and his wife included, can hear.
"Better a bandit than food you say. But better a guardian than a bandit. And the wilderness is no place you can survive alone.  Do you have any skill at carpentry, or other trade? Even as a hunter or trapper, you could earn your keep for oleg I bet. He is a military man, I am willing to bet he has both served for, and served above men he personally dislkiked, or even despised, but nevertheless was able to work beside. I am willing tio bet he could and would do so again if you can prove your worth keeping around."

"Working together is how you survive in this place. But now nop matter what Kressle is a threat to you. She does not sound the sort that will abide turncoats, so help us defeat her and remove that threat from your life as well."
(11-22-2016, 04:11 AM)Valdi Wrote: [ -> ]Valdi watches his brothers departure with an impassive gaze. He knows that is the best they are going to get from his brother when it comes to accepting that the prisoner should be allowed to prove his redemption.

As he speaks to Happs, Valdi pitches his voice so that eveeryone, Oleg and his wife included, can hear.
"Better a bandit than food you say. But better a guardian than a bandit. And the wilderness is no place you can survive alone.  Do you have any skill at carpentry, or other trade? Even as a hunter or trapper, you could earn your keep for oleg I bet. He is a military man, I am willing to bet he has both served for, and served above men he personally dislkiked, or even despised, but nevertheless was able to work beside. I am willing tio bet he could and would do so again if you can prove your worth keeping around."

"Working together is how you survive in this place. But now nop matter what Kressle is a threat to you. She does not sound the sort that will abide turncoats, so help us defeat her and remove that threat from your life as well."

"I'd say I'm a fair hunter, yeah.  Been around this place a long while.  As long as you can promise me he or that big bloke ya got there won't bite my head off, I'll help ya."