RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kinda. Great. What next? - he asks - I think the most important is the safety of Trading Post

[[ ooc - I think Jhod came with us. http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....8#pid29588]]
Nexendia was really trying to be gentle with these kobolds.  She did not want to scare them or give them any reason to betray the group or at least any more then they would be naturally inclined.  However, she felt the Kobolds were either purposely delaying them or particularly obtuse.

"So you told us how long it would take using the shortest route but you really don't want to use the route because of the sycamore, so now you inform us that you actually want to take the long route.  Is that what you're trying to say?"

Nex gently massages both of her fine brows with her fore and middle fingers to sooth her nerves.  

Nexendia shifts her gaze to Tushou, replying, "I too believe the safety of the trading post is most important.  However it seems we can not reach the post before an attack."

"So what say the rest of you?  Shall we hurry back to the Trading post in the hopes the bandits are held off long enough for us to offer aid?  Or shall we continue traveling with the Kobolds to find out what is aggravating them so much?"
(02-04-2019, 06:27 PM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]Nexendia was really trying to be gentle with these kobolds.  She did not want to scare them or give them any reason to betray the group or at least any more then they would be naturally inclined.  However, she felt the Kobolds were either purposely delaying them or particularly obtuse.

"So you told us how long it would take using the shortest route but you really don't want to use the route because of the sycamore, so now you inform us that you actually want to take the long route.  Is that what you're trying to say?"

Nex gently massages both of her fine brows with her fore and middle fingers to sooth her nerves.  

Nexendia shifts her gaze to Tushou, replying, "I too believe the safety of the trading post is most important.  However it seems we can not reach the post before an attack."

We are in time if we go back now but we can't reach the post before the attack if we go forward. I'll follow you, the decision is yours. (ooc - we went less than one day)
"We do not know when the attack will come for certain. I think we should trust Kesten and his men-at-arms to defend the Trading Post"

"If we give in to fear every time, we will never be able to settle these lands."
“You got cold weapons?” They ask, probably meaning cold iron.  “Cold weapons work best on mites.  Hurt them much and send them back.  Or lotsa fire to burn home tree.”  The kobolds seem more disinterested in traveling past the home turf of the mites.  Perhaps this is a turf war between rival gangs.

“We want get home fast, but not go near Old Sycamore.”
After Nexendia translates Valdi responds in Common:

"We have what we need to safely past the Sycamore, without destroying it. We are going past, not starting a war."

Valdi does not reveal his cold iron hammer, and hopes his compatriots have teh good sense to keep their cold iron weapons hidden as well, lest the kobolds get idea about stealing them.

In Common he suggests the same  "Do not reveal we have cold iron to them, if they are thinking of war with the mites, they might act rashly or atttempt to steal our weapons."
The kobolds look at each other, then at you all, wondering what your choice is.
Valdi replies to Nexendia.

"I vote we go forward. We must stop second guessing our decisions. We left Kesten in charge knowing a bandit attack was coming. Why are we doubting that decision now when it is too late to change it?"
Tushou will follow the leader (Nex)
Quote:Tushou will follow the leader (Nex)

Nexendia mumbles to herself, "Craaaap...." 

Then whispering quietly to the group, "There seems to be no dissenting opinions so we shall continue forward. But we must be certain we have weapons to defend ourselves.  I have already [If I remember correctly] handed out some bolts and I have a small simple weapon that I can lend if anyone needs it.  I don't plan to engage in hand to hand combat."