RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tushou is starting the watch.
[Bump]
[[Apologies, right back to it...]]

There is a general stillness to the hillside air as night sets in. In the distance, the harsh bay of a solitary thylacine pierces the silence, sparking a flutter of nightjars from their nearby perch. The kobolds keep to themselves, clearly not ready or interested in testing the mettle of beings hale enough to kill a razorback and send the others fleeing. The first watch ends without much in the way of significance occurring. As Tushou and the Priest bed down for the rest of the night, Happs awakens The Brothers. Then with a silent nod, he retires to his bedroll.

The night continues its peaceful trek across the sky, stars guiding its path over the ground until dawn's light chases it slowly, steadily over the horizon. Nexendia, having woken up sometime during this second shift, can enjoy the sun burnishing the cloudless heavens with its red, orange and golden rays. Blood has been spilled this night.
[OoC: My apologies too. ]

Nexendia suddenly wakes and sits up.  She looks around the campsite wondering what woke her.  Maybe it was a dream.  Nex looks to see who's on watch.
All is quiet.  Too quiet, in fact, to truly be the still night of the Kamelands.  The darkness thins out as a red sun rises to a certain point, and then seems to freeze in place.  Before you lies a plain of tall grasses unmarked by civilization.  This will change, if you have anything to say about it.  But something changes, as you watch Tushou stare off into the sunrise on his watch: he disappears.  Fades away in the dawn's light.  As Nexendia looks around, she can see the kobolds disappearing in a similar manner, followed by Happs, Andra, the priest and then, finally, the Twins.  She is alone, in a wilderness suddenly filled with life, color, and pristine natural beauty.  A shadow is cast over her that impossibly extends towards the sun.  Following it, she sees a strange figure towering over her from yards away.

[attachment=156]

The figure has green flesh and eyes, and a sparse outfit made of leaves that somehow stay together without any sort of binding.  She has all the beauty, grace and poise of an elder fey, but absolutely none of the usual tenderness in her eyes, which are quite flinty as she extends a finger towards Nexendia and says in a voice that sounds like a thousand building screams.

"Return that which was stolen from me!"

Valdi jerks awake as Happs shakes him awake.  "Come on, wake up.  It's dawn and your turn on watch."

Looking around, Valdi can see that everyone is still there.  The priest and the kobolds snore gently in their slumber.  Nexendia, still not fully rested, meditates peacefully. Tushou is already returning to his bedroll as Andra remains sleeping nearby.  Vidar snores loudly nearby.  The dream had seemed so real...and yet so surreal.  What could it portend?

[First shift over...but nothing further will happen tonight.]
Valdi kicks his brother awake, not very gently. 

"Up, dawn comes and I must pry to Odhinn for his guidance. We are needed on watch."
[OoC: I'm not sure if I can post cuz the DM said Nexendia is not fully rested.  But in 2 hours she is suppose to be woken up so my post will start then.]

[OoC2: Have we gained a level yet?]

[Two hours later...]

When she is woken from her trance, Nex's eyes slowly come to life as she look around.  Her familiar rubs its muzzle against her cheek and makes a deep purring noise to greet his master.  "Good morning," she says while slowly sitting up.  "I guess the night has went ok?  I had the most peculiar and unsettling dream."  Nex removes her spellbook from her back pack and begins leafing though the pages.
[[OoC: You are free to presume that the watch has ended and the new day has begun, with all that that entails. Andra is free to post at Will.]]

[[OoC2: No, I’m afraid not. Even after beating two straight encounters with boars, and gaining a new appreciation for anything BUT bacon Tongue, you still have not gained enough XP. Even with me ignoring the presence of Jhod, you still have Andra, Valdi, Vidar, Nexendia, and Happs splitting rewards up.]]
I'm ready. We can go forward as soon as possible.
After a short stretching session to limber up, Andra performs her morning ritual. Opening up her alchemy kit, she dumps out yesterday's extracts, gently washes the bottles, then take a couple minutes making a new extract. This morning, she only makes one, instead of two, slipping the other empty bottle back into its holder in the case, before pocketing the full bottle. Gearing up her horse is quick, and soon she's ready to go.