RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: A Stolen Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-09-2017, 12:42 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [ -> ][[Very frustrating that this site no longer lets me quote posts  Angry]]

Jhod silently stands, still not looking particularly comfortable with something, but turns and bows to Nexendia.  "I thank you for your concern, good lady.  I am...alright.  I was wondering, have you explored this...wild and vast untamed place at all thus far?  I am certain there are locations that would be utterly fascinating for a servant of the Hunt such as myself."
Eran waits a few seconds to let Nex to answer, but after he offers:
- If you want to join us then welcome on board!
(11-09-2017, 12:42 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [ -> ][[Very frustrating that this site no longer lets me quote posts  Angry]]

OoC:  I have noticed this too.  I'm not quite sure what's going on but you might want to mention it in the tech thread.  I've also been asking for Whisper and Private threads like we did on Plothook for about a year and a half.  It would be nice to be able to share private info without having to PM a person so they don't have to jump back and forth.

DM Dougfan Wrote:Jhod silently stands, still not looking particularly comfortable with something, but turns and bows to Nexendia.  "I thank you for your concern, good lady.  I am...alright.  I was wondering, have you explored this...wild and vast untamed place at all thus far?  I am certain there are locations that would be utterly fascinating for a servant of the Hunt such as myself."

"Our exploration of this region has only just begun," Nex replies.  "We set out just yesterday only to run into a quartet of Boars.  The battle ran long but we were victorious.  Afterward we found ourselves with a glut of the wild pork.  Rather than allowing it to go to waste, we decided to return to the fort to prepare it for preservation.  We planned to continue our exploration this morn."

Eran Wrote:Eran waits a few seconds to let Nex to answer, but after he offers:

- If you want to join us then welcome on board!

Nexendia's emerald green eyes casually shift in Eran's direction.  While the newcomer is momentarily distracted by Eran's offer, Nex gently leans in toward Valdi to brush a pretend bit of dirt of his shoulder and whispers, "Can you detect evil?"
Kesten takes a thoughtful sip from his mug as he ponders that, nodding in appreciation of your tactics.  "Sound logic.  Use what strengths you have, know your enemy and yourself, do not overextend yourself."  He nods to himself, deep in thought until Valdi's question shakes him from it.  He shakes his head slowly.  "Like you, we are soldiers.  We have no skill with hammer and awl.  We may need to contract such assistance from Restov before long."
Nexendia Wrote:
Nexendia's emerald green eyes casually shift in Eran's direction.  While the newcomer is momentarily distracted by Eran's offer, Nex gently leans in toward Valdi to brush a pretend bit of dirt of his shoulder and whispers, "Can you detect evil?"

"Nay my lady, such is not a spell I have prepared this day. To do so at will is an ability of those knights you call paladins. I am a priest of Galdraföðr, the Father of Songs." At her quizzical look he elaborates "Odhinn, Valdr galga, the Ruler of Gallows. The All Father has many names, I hear the dwarves call him Magrim"

(11-14-2017, 04:42 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote:
Kesten takes a thoughtful sip from his mug as he ponders that, nodding in appreciation of your tactics.  "Sound logic.  Use what strengths you have, know your enemy and yourself, do not overextend yourself."  He nods to himself, deep in thought until Valdi's question shakes him from it.  He shakes his head slowly.  "Like you, we are soldiers.  We have no skill with hammer and awl.  We may need to contract such assistance from Restov before long."

"A concern i share, though I have more skill at building ships than I do walls. We have to make it safe enough to get craftsmen, to make it safer, so we can get craftsmen. Such is the conundrum we face."
Jhod looks to Nexendia with pleading eyes.  "Please, good lady.  I must see this shrine and pray there.  Would you be willing to take an old man on such a trip?"

Kesten shrugs, taking another sip from his mug.  "You are likely more prepared to address the defenses, then, than any of us are.  But we shall see what happens within the next few days.  At a guess..."  he glances at Happs for a moment "...we should expect another raid from the bandits soon.  And in force this time.  That is, unless, we ride out and meet them at their stronghold, wherever it may be."
Valdi Wrote:"Nay my lady, such is not a spell I have prepared this day. To do so at will is an ability of those knights you call paladins. I am a priest of Galdraföðr, the Father of Songs." At her quizzical look he elaborates "Odhinn, Valdr galga, the Ruler of Gallows. The All Father has many names, I hear the dwarves call him Magrim"

Nex smiles politely and whispers, "I am aware you are not a paladin.  I suspected it was a slim chance you would have the spell prepared.  Are you able to prepare the spell at all?  If so, can you prepare it for tomorrow morn so we can detect any diabolical intentions?"

DM Dougfan Wrote:Jhod looks to Nexendia with pleading eyes.  "Please, good lady.  I must see this shrine and pray there.  Would you be willing to take an old man on such a trip?"

[OoC: Sense Motive: +2; Result: 10; My rolls have been really sucky lately.   Sad ]

"It is not up to me," Nex replies to the man.  "But personally I see no reason why we couldn't assist you in your quest."
ooc - sense motive [1d20+6] = 5+6 = 11
Eran trusts in this man and replies to Nex: Yes, we should help to each other!
Don't worry. I will continue to take care of you, father. - he didn't forgot his secondary and primary purpose

[1d20+5] = 1+5 = 6 sense motive
(11-20-2017, 09:05 PM)Nexendia Wrote: [ -> ]Nex smiles politely and whispers, "I am aware you are not a paladin.  I suspected it was a slim chance you would have the spell prepared.  Are you able to prepare the spell at all?  If so, can you prepare it for tomorrow morn so we can detect any diabolical intentions?"

Valdi just smiles silently and nods an affirmative to Nexendia's question.

DM Dougfan Wrote:Jhod looks to Nexendia with pleading eyes.  "Please, good lady.  I must see this shrine and pray there.  Would you be willing to take an old man on such a trip?"

Valdi looks at Jhod with a long gaze that seems to pierce straight into the old man's soul. "Nor is it my decision, but I shall ask the All-Father for guidance in the runes."

pSense motive [1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24]
[[that was an awesome roll Valdi!]]

Jhod seems to be hiding something, from what Valdi can sense, but it isn’t about his request.  He seems to be of one mind about finding the Shrine to Erastil and praying there, almost as if it was his true purpose in journeying to this place.