RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CaCan Reawyn use aid another to add to someone's defense,  example readying an attack with his spear to interfere with te robot when it attacks, thus granting an AC boostr.  Helping E10 hit is pointless since he cannont penetrate the robot's hardness.
(12-21-2021, 12:39 AM)Reawyn Wrote: [ -> ]CaCan Reawyn use aid another to add to someone's defense,  example readying an attack with his spear to interfere with te robot when it attacks, thus granting an AC boostr.  Helping E10 hit is pointless since he cannont penetrate the robot's hardness.

[OoC: Yes.  I already posted what Aid Another can do.]

Quote:Aid Another
In melee combat, you can help a friend attack or defend by distracting or interfering with an opponent. If you’re in position to make a melee attack on an opponent that is engaging a friend in melee combat, you can attempt to aid your friend as a standard action. You make an attack roll against AC 10. If you succeed, your friend gains either a +2 bonus on his next attack roll against that opponent or a +2 bonus to AC against that opponent’s next attack (your choice), as long as that attack comes before the beginning of your next turn. Multiple characters can aid the same friend, and similar bonuses stack.

You can also use this standard action to help a friend in other ways, such as when he is affected by a spell, or to assist another character’s skill check.

[OoC2: E10 can penetrate the hardness.  Its hardness is 5 and he is capable of doing up to 8 damage.  ]
longspear aid another [1d20+2]=13+2=15 Reawyn will add +2 to E10's AC
[OoC: On his turn E10 will try to attack through the robot's defenses]
MW Wyroot Nunchaku Attack VS Robot = [1d20+2]=4+2=6
Nunchaku Attack vs. Robot = [1d20+1]=5+1=6
[Fuck my luck holds out! Confused , with rolls like those he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag!]
Cin takes a 5' step back.  Loads a regular bullet [Move action] then fires at the bot again...

Touch Attack: [1d20+8]=15+8=23, Damage: [1d8+1]=7+1=8;

Cin activates Up Close and Deadly for an additional 1d6 damage...

Up Close and Deadly: [1d6]=4
[[E10, I moved the conversation about your attacks to the OoC thread.  Please look there because you are still typing you only have a +1 to hit with your second attack and I think it should be higher.]]

Initiative NameDamage HealedDamage InflictedCurrent Hit PointsConditionsNotes!
18.4Eva13pts (CMW)5pts+8pts+4pts(Flying Bot);1pt(staggered)5/17------
17.7Flying Robot (M) ---7pts+2pts+7pts(Cyn);10pts+6pts(Eva) 32/??---Dead!!
7.6E10------00/11------
7.4Cyn-Ezra---4pts+7pts (Flying Robot)11/18---Bloodied!!
7.2Gurkagh7pts5pts0/10---Critical!
5.2Reawyn------ 0/15------

Quote:Additional Information:

FYI: This Robot is immune to flanking

Last round Reawyn succeeds in annoying the bot and granting E10 +2 to his AC.

Then Eva drinks the potion and moves to [D-2]

The bot takes a 5' step toward Cyn then turns on E10.  It attempts to punch him...

Attack: [1d20+5]=19+5=24, Damage: [1d4+3]=1+3=4; HIT!!; 4 damage!

The hovering bot hits E10 with a glance blow!  

[Rolling randomly for second target]  Attack E10 or Reawyn: [1d2]=2; Reawyn's attacked

The bot then swings for Reawyn for annoying it...

Attack: [1d20+5]=6+5=11, Damage: [1d4+3]=1+3=4; MISS!!

But he swiftly ducks under it's attacks.

E10 then swings twice but misses with both attacks.

Cin steps back and loads her gun.  She then spins her pistol in one hand, aims and fires off a shot!  The shot hits the robot and blows another hole into its chassis!  As the bot's propellers stutter and seize, it dips sideway and smashes into the wall.  It spins around in circles and crashes into the ground!  

[12 total damage - 5 hardness = 7 damage!]

[Combat finally done!]

Gurkagh drinks potion: CLW potion: [1d8+1]=6+1=7; Fully healed
Nice shot, Cyn. This one was the hardest opponent I have ever seen.

Eva quickly picks up the black card from the bed and moves next to the cylindrical pod then touches the panel with the card.
(12-21-2021, 01:25 PM)Eva Morningtide Wrote: [ -> ]Nice shot, Cyn. This one was the hardest opponent I have ever seen.

Cyn tips her hat in thanks.

[OoC: Luckily I remembered that Critical she got on the Flying Bot gave her another point of Grit.  Otherwise she couldn't have done another 'Up Close and Deadly.'  Since she got the killing blow on the creature, she regains that point of Grit she used. ]
(12-21-2021, 01:25 PM)Eva Morningtide Wrote: [ -> ]Nice shot, Cyn. This one was the hardest opponent I have ever seen.

Eva quickly picks up the black card from the bed and moves next to the cylindrical pod then touches the panel with the card.

[OoC: Yeah, I'm not sure why they gave it 10 hardness for a CR3 creature especially when the Adventure path has given very few items to help overcome that kind of hardness.  Which is why I found a reason (the critical) to knock it down to 5 which was still difficult.  And if you wouldn't have killed off that med bot as quickly as you did it could heal 1d10 points to it or the Flying bot each round!]

You all still hear the muffled sounds of agonized screams and feeble thumping from within the stasis pod.  When Eva taps the pad, it lights up and there's a sudden hissing sound when the pod unlatches.  Slowly the door opens and inside you see a middle aged man.  Anyone who's acquainted with Khonnir Baine recognizes this man as him, the wizard you've been searching for.  When Khonnir sees you all he recognizes anyone he knows with tears of relief.  But without the pod for support he falls forward into your arms.  Anyone who knows him is startled by his condition.  He's in really bad shape.  Khonnir has incisions all over his legs that have apparently crippled the man as well as needle ports in his left arm and the back of his neck.
"Khonnir!!" Cin gasps as he falls and she tries to catch him.  With the other's help she lowers him carefully to the floor.  She asks the Shaman to look over his wounds then says, "What have they done to you?"