RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reawyn carefully considers how to place his throw to maximize the splash effect of his alkahest bom.  It will affect a area in a 10' radius, plus one extra 5'square of his choosing that is adjacent. 1d4+5 damage on a direct hit and 66 damage (save for half) on a splash. So affecting 5  5foot squares.
[OoC: I thought so, but did not want to step on your toes!]
(12-08-2020, 04:27 AM)Reawyn Wrote: [ -> ]Reawyn carefully considers how to place his throw to maximize the splash effect of his alkahest bom.  It will affect a area in a 10' radius, plus one extra 5'square of his choosing that is adjacent. 1d4+5 damage on a direct hit and 66 damage (save for half) on a splash. So affecting 5  5foot squares.

[OoC: I think you mean 6 damage not 66.   Tongue That would be quite a bomb if it did 66 damage at 1st level! ]

The Acid kills the patch of Russet mold literally on contact.  [No damage roll needed. ]  Now the Russet Mold can't infect you and make vegepygmys burst out of your chest, that just leaves the brown mold, which you know is killed by cold.]
"Now it's your turn Eva."
(12-11-2020, 11:38 PM)Reawyn Wrote: [ -> ]"Now it's your turn Eva."

Eva nods and starts shooting the brown mold with Ray of Frost. She repeats until needed.
Eva blasts the Brown mold once with her cantrip and it's completely destroyed.  

Now safe to search, you find the body still wears a masterwork chain shirt, but he lost several of his other pieces of equipment in his frantic attempt to reach safety. He still carries a set of masterwork thieves’ tools, a masterwork hand crossbow with 5 bolts, several empty vials that once contained, potions and antitoxin, and 75 gp.

[If anyone has Knowledge Local they can make a check.  If you don't, it might be something to invest in since this will be a Town you'll be spending a lot of time in.]

[OoC: If you wanted to take the bodies back now to get them out of the way, it would take about an hour off your Water breathing duration to go back to the temple and then come back to this point. ]
Eva has Knowledge Local. If she can't use take 10 (+5) then she rolls:

Eva's knowledge local [1d20+5] = 1+5 = 6 Big Grin
"We have recovered four mor bodies already. We should see themnm safely back to town now while we still have water breathing. I know irt will dwindle our water breathing, but we really don't want to leave them on the shore for scavengers to find again."
(12-16-2020, 10:31 AM)Eva Morningtide Wrote: [ -> ]Eva has Knowledge Local. If she can't use take 10 (+5) then she rolls:

Eva's knowledge local [1d20+5] = 1+5 = 6  Big Grin

[OoC: I'll let you use a take 10.  Mainly because it's story information. ]

Eva recognizes the body as Gerrol and remembers the popular rogue recently asked a weaponsmith’s daughter named Emelia Otterbie to marry him.  Emelia would undoubtedly want to know of Gerrol’s fate.
(12-17-2020, 12:32 AM)Reawyn Wrote: [ -> ]"We have recovered four mor bodies already. We should see themnm safely back to town now while we still have water breathing. I know irt will dwindle our water breathing, but we really don't want to leave them on the shore for scavengers to find again."

Yes, you are right. I know this man, his name is Gerrol. Emelia will be sad.