RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eva moves 5ft back (E-3) and takes the potion as a free action then she drinks it.
(12-15-2021, 07:54 AM)Eva Morningtide Wrote: [ -> ]Eva moves 5ft back (E-3) and takes the potion as a free action then she drinks it.

[He hasn't had time to fish it out of the pack yet.  On his turn he can take it out of the pack as a move action and then just hold onto it as a free action.  Then next round you take it as a free action and drink it as a standard action.  I think that's about as quickly as you can drink the potion.  Next time the group should probably distribute at least 1 potion to each person in the party.

Cyn has 6 cure light potions and 1 cure moderate potion. ]
Even though it's not the brightest idea for a ranged combatant to do, Cyn will begin yelling at the robot, trying to get the bot to leave Eva and Gurkagh alone.
(12-15-2021, 09:23 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2021, 07:54 AM)Eva Morningtide Wrote: [ -> ]Eva moves 5ft back (E-3) and takes the potion as a free action then she drinks it.

[He hasn't had time to fish it out of the pack yet.  On his turn he can take it out of the pack as a move action and then just hold onto it as a free action.  Then next round you take it as a free action and drink it as a standard action.  I think that's about as quickly as you can drink the potion.  Next time the group should probably distribute at least 1 potion to each person in the party.

[OOC - Oh, Okay, in this case it's safer but not faster than if she is drinking her own potion because she can use total defense as standard action instead of retrieving her potion from the bandolier. ]

Eva steps back 5ft in total defense (+4 AC for a round).
(12-15-2021, 11:02 AM)Eva Morningtide Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2021, 09:23 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]

[OOC - Oh, Okay, in this case it's safer but not faster than if she is drinking her own potion because she can use total defense as standard action instead of retrieving her potion from the bandolier. ]

Eva steps back 5ft in total defense (+4 AC for a round).

Total defense is a full round action.  You are only allowed to do move or standard actions.  But if you do use a standard action you lose 1 hit point which will knock you unconscious.

It would take Eva 3 rounds to move, then retrieve a potion and then drink it.  Gurkagh delivering the potion takes 2 rounds.  One to pick up the pouch and move, then a second round to retrieve the potion and hold it in his hand for Eva to take.  He would still have a move or standard action he can take as long as whatever action takes doesn't need the hand he's holding the potion in.
[[OOC - I have found that total defense is standard action but you are right performing any standard action deals 1 point of damage because she is disabled not just staggered. Thanks for warning.

Total Defense
You can defend yourself as a standard action. You get a +4 dodge bonus to your AC for 1 round. Your AC improves at the start of this action. You can’t combine total defense with fighting defensively or with the benefit of the Combat Expertise feat. You can’t make attacks of opportunity while using total defense.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/C...al-Defense

Free 5ft is still allowed, isn't it?

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/C...-Foot-Step
]]

Eva steps back 5ft and retrieves the black card from her pocket (move action) and drops it on the bed (F4, free action).
[OoC:  Ohhh, I see.  When I looked up fighting defensively on the chart it said it was a standard or full round action.  I knew the fight -4/+2ac was standard so I assumed the +4ac was full round.  But now I see there's a third option for Fighting Defensively -4/+2ac for a full attack option that's a full round action.  It makes sense but I guess because I play so many low level characters it was just not something I thought about.

And yes, a 5' move is almost always allowed.  I'm not sure about Pathfinder but in 3.5 you can even take a 5' step between attacks!
Initiative NameDamage HealedDamage InflictedCurrent Hit PointsConditionsNotes!
18.4Eva---5pts+8pts+4pts(Flying Bot)17/17Staggered!!Disabled!!
17.7Flying Robot (M) ---7pts+2pts(Cyn);10pts+6pts(Eva) 25/??---Bloodied!!
7.6E10------00/11------
7.4Cyn-Ezra---4pts+7pts (Flying Robot)11/18---Bloodied!!
7.2Gurkagh---5pts7/10---Critical!
5.2Reawyn------ 0/15------

Quote:Additional Information:

FYI: This Robot is immune to flanking
Eva is staggered!  You can only take a single move or standard action each turn (but not both, nor can you take full-round actions). You can take move actions without further injuring yourself, but if you perform any standard action (or any other strenuous action) you take 1 point of damage after completing the act. Unless your activity increased your hit points, you are now at –1 hit points and dying.

[OoC: I don't want to get behind so I'm rolling for E10 for last round]

[Last round] E10 takes two more swings at the bot..

Attack 1: [1d20+2]=9+2=11, Damage: [1d6+2]=3+2=5; Miss
Attack 2: [1d20+1]=8+1=9, Damage: [1d6+2]=3+2=5; Miss

But both attacks miss.

Next round!!

Eva quietly steps away to [E-3] to put some space between her and the bot.  The Archer then pulls out the black card and drops it onto the bed for Gurkagh.

The bot hears Cyn yelling and registers the minor damage from her bullet so it turns to face the gunslinger and moves 5' toward her to [H-2] to try to block her escape routes.  It then attacks her twice...

Attack 1: Attack: [1d20+5]=12+5=17, Damage: [1d4+3]=4+3=7; MISS!!

Attack 2: Attack: [1d20+5]=20+5=25, Damage: [1d4+3]=4+3=7; HIT!!; Max Damage; Possible Critical!
Confirm Critical: Attack: [1d20+5]=12+5=17, Damage: [1d4+3]=2+3=5; MISS!! Whew, that was close!

The robot jabs at Cyn but she just ducks its attack.  She then quickly leans backward to avoid his second attack but it wasn't far enough. The bot's metal fist lashes out and bashes her in the face.  [7 damage]  Cyn avoids the critical but another blow like that will disable her, like Eva.

[It's now E10, Cyn, Gurkagh and Reawyn's turns.]

Map:

[Imgur is currently down.  Will try to upload again later.]
[OoC: was napping not feeling super well]
E10 will continue to crit fish.
MW Wyroot Nunchaku Attack VS Robot = [1d20+2]=8+2=10[miss], and
Nunchaku Attack vs. Robot = [1d20+1]=8+1=9 [miss]
Cyn is pinned against the wall and unable to shoot without being attacked.  So she tries once again to tumble past the bot [To H-1] and then back up the hall.

Tumbling DC18: [1d20+6]=8+6=14; Failed  Confused  

If she doesn't get the crap knocked out of her, she will finish her move at [H-13].

Cyn then loads another paper cartridge [Free Action] and fires another shot at the bot!

Touch Attack: [1d20+8]=13+8=21, Damage: [1d8+1]=3+1=4; Hit!! but no damage!  

[Can I just roll at least average damage, please? Undecided ]