RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so you help Reawyn to move the bodies? 

If you do, then where do you go?  You can go back the way you came or go South-West.
E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 suggetsts they pass back through the other side of the A2 chamber where they fought the slimes.
"Take bodies back the  way we came in, to entry room...  then we will come back her and go gurther up stream.""
You take about 10 minutes to move the gross bodies back to the entry room.  You then return to the slime room to see where the passage leads.

A dark cavern opens up here, its twenty-foot-high ceiling thick with stalactites. A rocky shore overlooks a placid pool and stream, fed by a trickle of water leaking from a narrow fissure to the north. A small garden of toadstools and dark mold grows along the banks.

[This is the room where you fought the Blindheim.  Basically a big frog-like humanoid with blinding headlights for eyes.  This is where you found the Unholy symbol of Zyphus.  ]

[You are currently in the cave that's to the right of the black blob at the top.  You've explored pretty much everything in this area.  If there's anything else you want to do here, let me know or you can move to the bottom right corner and continue into the next area.]

[Image: FN2yCT9.jpg]
I believe we were going to go first to the bottm Left.. the 'Cold Room' and use the Ray of frost cantrip to destroy the brown mold and retrieve that body next.
(12-02-2020, 06:12 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [ -> ]I believe we were going to go first to the bottm Left.. the 'Cold Room'  and use the Ray of frost cantrip to destroy the brown mold and retrieve that body next.

That's right.
Gurkagh finds a new \Big rock' then starts to lead the way south-east, Following Reawybn and Eva's directions, using the ioun torch for light.
[OoC: You guys have no idea how much of a pain it is to search MiB's posts as well as my own to figure up where you left things off for each room!  Confused   Not really complaining because it's just the way it is when taking over for another DM.  I just want to make sure nothing is forgotten like the info I found in the FYI section, below.]

It doesn't take very long to get to the Cold Room.  The temperature drops noticeably in this passageway, and a rime of white frost lines the walls and floor leading into the cavern beyond. A human body lays in front of you.  Your group had pulled it up a 10' high ledge from a lower area that has what seems to be a light layer of brown dust carpeting the cave floor beyond.  

FYI:  [From the first you entered this room.  MiB was DMing] Everyone notices that there are patches of rust colored fibers growing out of his chest and throat. Eva recognizes this as Russet Mold, an infection that kills its victim and creates vegepygmies from the corpse. The cold could be keeping the mold from spreading.]  I'm adding, Eva also knows that the mold is very infectious within 5' of a patch of Russet Mold.  

[If you have Knowledge Dungeoneering (Eva seems to be the only one with this skill), you can make a roll to learn how to kill Russet Mold but if the Brown mold is keeping the Russet mold from spreading, you might want to deal with the Russet mold first. ]

[Here is an updated map]

[Image: qDbFaFzm.png]
[OoC: E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 has 1 rank in Knowledge (Dungeoneering) even the his skill level still sucks]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) Check = [1d20-1] = 19-1 = 18 [Wow a good roll fer E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10]
[OoC we already figured out cold was needed in vjaracter, that was why the Ray of Frost]