RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[OoC: We actually did have a tank but she, along with the rest of her characters from this site, vanished.  I'm not sure bringing in another character is the best idea.  But if you all want another character I won't stop you from pursuing one. We really haven't had that much trouble that couldn't be solved by reaching 2nd level which you will be doing when you get back to town.  Though being a little more organized wouldn't hurt. ]

(09-23-2021, 02:40 AM)E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 Wrote: [ -> ]I was trying not to block people's ranges attacks, and Gurka was completely capable of moving to the square just south of me, but was trying not to put himself in harms way, or so I thought. I am a melee combatant, but I am  not a tank. We have everything but in the group, perhaps we can pick up a tanky person to join us!

"Yes, you're right," Cyn replies.  "I'm sorry if it sounded like I was blaming you.  You did an amazing job holding the line.  It was simply a suggestion for you to move over because in the heat of battle sometimes warriors get so wrapped up in combat they just keep swinging and forget strategy.  As a Gunslinger, I'm always having to think about my position to be able to get the best shots.  But I think I heard of a technique (feat) that will allow me to ignore up to full cover.  So you guys standing in front of the enemy won't accidently block my shot."  She smiles evilly...

[Cyn's concern was more about E10 being 1st level and his own sense of self preservation.  He doesn't have a lot of hit points to tank 2 Robot drones that have a 50% chance to hit him and do a minimum of 7 points of damage a hit!    Confused
Round 3 - Eva moves to the western door (E10) and listens there too.

Eva's perception: [1d20+7]=17+7=24
As E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 entered the room with the examination tables, did he see any other doors in the room?
[Second round: Continued]

E10 does not see any other doors.  [Map posted below]  (It doesn't take a full round action to look for a door so you technically you have a second action you can do.) 

[Now what is E10 doing.  If Gurkagh's player is around, what is he doing?

On the third round, Eva listens to the double doors at the end of the hallway but hears nothing.

At the end of the third round Reawyn's nausea disappears.  (waiting on the other players...)

[Image: bFwNXDF.png]
E.S.SA.C.C.U.S-10 will move to M5 and will move southward down the wall searching for doors to N7.
Perception Check = [1d20+8]=13+8=21 [If it is needed]
Gurkagh cautiously moves to L-12 and looks at the examination table.
(10-05-2021, 11:16 AM)E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 Wrote: [ -> ]E.S.SA.C.C.U.S-10 will move to M5 and will move southward down the wall searching for doors to N7.
Perception Check = [1d20+8]=13+8=21 [If it is needed]

[[ E10, It will take one round to move to M5 and then to search the wall at M5.]]

E10 doesn't find any hidden doors on that 5' section of wall.

Gurkaph moves into the room to the end of the bed (L-12) to get a look at the examination table.  The most distinctive features in the room are a pair of odd, bedlike tables flanked by curving panels of blinking, pulsing lights. Moving armatures of metal extend out over the beds, each outfitted with glowing panes of glass and strangely glowing tools.  

[[It doesn't appear Gurkaph has any feat or trait that gives him any insight into Technological equipment or allows him to read the language displayed on the panels.  So unless he interacts with the equipment he's not able to gain any more info about the equipment.  ]]

MAP...
[Image: Soo3IxY.png]

(09-21-2021, 03:36 AM)Gurkagh Wrote: [ -> ]Will save [1d20+5]=16+5=21 

Gurkagh winces and shakes his head, "the plant is having tantrum."

Gurkagh again attacks robot 1 around the corner. 

Improvised weapon two handed [1d20+4]=17+4=21; Damage [1d8+3]=6+3=9

[OoC:  I forgot to mention that after Robot1's missed claw attack on E10, Gurkaph did manage to reach around the doorframe and into the room to bash robot1.  It's head gets nearly knocked off and the robot depowers immediately.]
When Reawyn's nausea subsides, Cyn will go and listen at the doors at H14.
Eva will join Cyn and listen at the last doors too.

Eva's perception: [1d20+7]=6+7=13