RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-11-2021, 09:03 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]You both search his body and find,
  • Javelins (x2) (Covered with E10's blood)
  • mwk short sword (x2)
  • A red cloak
  • Tattered Trousers
  • A pouch belt with 40gp's inside.

He appears to be some kind of Alien creature and if you haven't realized by now, it seems to have been dead for a very long time.  If you have a point in Knowledge local, you can attempt to figure out what race this rare creature is.  

[[When I say rare, it's a hint that you'll need a very high roll.]]

Eva's knowledge local: [1d20+5]=6+5=11

It seems he was some kind of intelligent undead not like the skeletons but I don't know what kind of creature was he before. Why are here so many undead? How were they animated?

Do you have Detect Magic prepared? I have one empty zero level slot if needed.
"They aren't the same time of undead but the race of the creature seems similar.  This one just seems a little more preserved and intelligent."

Cin gives the table and chairs a search
Search: [1d20+8]=15+8=23
Cyn searches the table and succeeds in finding a single Black access card. [Required a DC:20 to find.  Huh  Table must be black too, or something.]  Presumably, this card has a higher security rating than the brown cards and can be used to open both brown and black locks.
[[Hello... it's been 5 days since my last post...]
Cin holds up the black access card and says, "I found this.  Moving forward, it should be useful.  Speaking of moving forward, shall we continue on; Return to the Habitat Zone to search for anything we might have missed; or go back to Torch."
That's great, Cyn. Let me see. She takes the new card and tries to open the door using her Mage Hand with the new card.
If it works she says. Let's take the loot and see the next door again. Are you ready, E10?
(05-12-2021, 06:58 AM)Eva Morningtide Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2021, 09:03 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]You both search his body and find,
  • Javelins (x2) (Covered with E10's blood)
  • mwk short sword (x2)
  • A red cloak
  • Tattered Trousers
  • A pouch belt with 40gp's inside.

He appears to be some kind of Alien creature and if you haven't realized by now, it seems to have been dead for a very long time.  If you have a point in Knowledge local, you can attempt to figure out what race this rare creature is.  

[[When I say rare, it's a hint that you'll need a very high roll.]]

Eva's knowledge local: [1d20+5]=6+5=11

It seems he was some kind of intelligent undead not like the skeletons but I don't know what kind of creature was he before. Why are here so many undead? How were they animated?

Do you have Detect Magic prepared? I have one empty zero level slot if needed.

We should check the last two rooms with Detect Magic. If nobody has Eva will prepare it. (15 minutes?)
At the suggestion, Gurkagh will cast Detect Magic. He had not thought of it himself.
Eva casts a Mage hand and waves the Black access card in front of the screen.  The door instantly slides into the ceiling.  About 5 seconds later the door slides down and closes.

Gurkagh casts detect magic and detects the presence of magic...

Continuing to concentrate, Gurkagh senses one magical aura...

On round 3 Gurkagh detects faint, abjuration magic emanating from the Red Cloak.

Assuming he takes a moment to scan the last rooms, he doesn't detect anything else magical.
"The red cloak is magical. It looks like protective magic. I can try to tell what it is, but I.. not good at that."