RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eva does not notice any fuse or control panel that would turn the power on. 

Essuccus nearly pulls a muscle trying to open this door.
"I guess we will have to wait for either acid, or to get it turned on from the other side."

Reawyn moves to the other door and searches for traps, just in case any have reset or been added.

[Perception Trapfinding ++6 .. still unsure if yoiu want us to roll these or GM roll them]
[OoC: I will roll search checks.]

Reawyn does not find any traps.
(01-15-2021, 02:17 PM)Reawyn Wrote: [ -> ]"I guess we will have to wait for either acid, or to get it turned on from the other side."

"There is no evidence that we must turn it on from the other side.  For all we know, that room we stopped in before going back to Torch could be the power room.  It certainly seemed to have a lot of electricity flowing through it!  Another thing, remember we are not the only people down here. Torch sent many adventurers into the caves.  We've even taken some of their bodies back to town. There could be others further ahead that could turn on the power for us.  Didn't the Skulks mention something about a Purple-Haired lady..."

Quote:Skulks: They give you a bag of 49 silverdisks and 5 strange cards made from a flexible material.  These 5 cards each bear a brown stripe.  Sef, the lead Skulk confesses that she doesn't know what they are but a Purple-Haired lady asked for any such cards when she first passed through.  At the time, the Skulks had none, but the fact she was looking for some is enough to convince Sef that the cards have value.

"We have yet to find her and it's doubtful she's down here alone."
(01-15-2021, 07:16 PM)Cin-Ezra Oovalli Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2021, 02:17 PM)Reawyn Wrote: [ -> ]"I guess we will have to wait for either acid, or to get it turned on from the other side."

"There is no evidence that we must turn it on from the other side.  For all we know, that room we stopped in before going back to Torch could be the power room.  It certainly seemed to have a lot of electricity flowing through it!  Another thing, remember we are not the only people down here. Torch sent many adventurers into the caves.  We've even taken some of their bodies back to town. There could be others further ahead that could turn on the power for us.  Didn't the Skulks mention something about a Purple-Haired lady..."

Quote:Skulks: They give you a bag of 49 silverdisks and 5 strange cards made from a flexible material.  These 5 cards each bear a brown stripe.  Sef, the lead Skulk confesses that she doesn't know what they are but a Purple-Haired lady asked for any such cards when she first passed through.  At the time, the Skulks had none, but the fact she was looking for some is enough to convince Sef that the cards have value.

"Agreed, but we do not have the acid, and that electrical room lies further ahead, I did not say we should turn around. I am suggesting we delve deeper."
(01-15-2021, 07:31 PM)Reawyn Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2021, 07:16 PM)Cin-Ezra Oovalli Wrote: [ -> ]

"Agreed, but we do not have the acid, and that electrical room lies further ahead, I did not say we should turn around. I am suggesting we delve deeper."

Let's go ahead. I think we can hurry and omit trapfinding until we reach our last safe position from yesterday.
If we get into a more open cave, Gurkagh will send Uncle Shimo to scout. The diminutive thrush can fly out to the limits of where we can see and with low-light vision can see a bit further, without drawing attention and fly back to report.

[Diminutive, fly 40' average, Ac 17 ; Intelligence 6; Speaks Hallit ; low-light vision; Perception +9, Sneak +14]
[OoC:  The only reason why I'm touching on these rooms again is because there's a new player in this game.  Believe me, having to locate DM MiB's and my own past posts to figure out what you've already done isn't a fun time and is very time consuming.   Confused   But I know that if we started where we left off it would deny him some of the framework of the adventure.  It can be very confusing to show up in the middle of a game completely clueless of what has gone on before especially in a game like Iron Gods, that has Hi-Tech stuff.   But we're almost there.  Just a couple rooms away and I'll try get us there asap.  Big Grin ]

[Next Room]
Two strange machines sit to the north and south against the walls here, their faces appear similar to coils of metal tubes with several nozzle-like protrusions pointing into the room itself. 

[OoC: Anyone with the Technologist feat can make an Engineering check]

The door to the next room is already partially open because you were through here already.

[OoC2: Now I have to somehow locate MiB's map of the next area that shows were you've been.   Huh  ]