RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-19-2021, 01:50 AM)Gurkagh Wrote: [ -> ]"The red cloak is magical. It looks like protective magic. I can try to tell what it is, but I.. not good at that."

You can try but I think it's not so urgent to identify. So none of the masterwork swords are magical. Does anyone want to use them? I have only a common rapier so I will take one. Does somebody use the masterwork sickle?
[OoC:  After the 3 rounds to detect what was magical and then walk to the other 2 rooms and back there would be just enough time left (3 rounds per item) to try to identify the cloak.  It would make sense that the Shaman would try to identify the cloak rather than wasting the rest of the spell. ]

Cyn replies, "I can use the shortsword until we decide to sell it.  I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to use it though. I need a hand free to load my pistol, which is why I'm wearing a cestus for when something gets too close. (AoO)."
[OoC: It will be difficult for Gurkagh to identify the cloak because I don't see any Spellcraft Skill on his sheet and Spellcraft can't be used Untrained.   Confused  So unless I missed the skill on his sheet, he can't identify the cloak.]

[OoC2:  So are you guys doing anything while Gurkagh spends the 4 to 5 rounds checking the other rooms?  Continuing to search? Waiting? Checking the next door in the hallway?  Following? Assisting E10 with his wounds (will take 1 hour)?]

Quote:Treat Deadly Wounds:  DC20
Requirement: You must expend two uses from a healer’s kit to perform this task. You take a –2 penalty on your check for each use from a healer’s kit that you lack.

When treating deadly wounds, you can restore hit points to a damaged creature. Treating deadly wounds restores 1 hit point per level of the creature. If you exceed the DC by 5 or more, add your Wisdom modifier (if positive) to this amount. A creature can only benefit from its deadly wounds being treated within 24 hours of being injured and never more than once per day.

Action/Time: 1 hour.

Retry? Varies. Generally speaking, you can’t try a Heal check again without witnessing proof of the original check’s failure.
(05-19-2021, 08:06 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: It will be difficult for Gurkagh to identify the cloak because I don't see any Spellcraft Skill on his sheet and Spellcraft can't be used Untrained.   Confused  So unless I missed the skill on his sheet, he can't identify the cloak.]

[OoC2:  So are you guys doing anything while Gurkagh spends the 4 to 5 rounds checking the other rooms?  Continuing to search? Waiting? Checking the next door in the hallway?  Following? Assisting E10 with his wounds (will take 1 hour)?]

Quote:Treat Deadly Wounds:  DC20
Requirement: You must expend two uses from a healer’s kit to perform this task. You take a –2 penalty on your check for each use from a healer’s kit that you lack.

When treating deadly wounds, you can restore hit points to a damaged creature. Treating deadly wounds restores 1 hit point per level of the creature. If you exceed the DC by 5 or more, add your Wisdom modifier (if positive) to this amount. A creature can only benefit from its deadly wounds being treated within 24 hours of being injured and never more than once per day.

Action/Time: 1 hour.

Retry? Varies. Generally speaking, you can’t try a Heal check again without witnessing proof of the original check’s failure.

I did say Gurkagh sucked, didn't I.  That was just his in character way of saying itr lol.

[OoC1 I don't think we want to spend the hour due to water breathing.. ]
E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 sits down on the floor, and rummages through his pack for a moment, finally pulling out a potion vial (Healing), pops the cork and promptly downs its' contents.
Reawyn will search the doors at the far side of this room for traps.
(05-19-2021, 11:58 PM)Reawyn Wrote: [ -> ]Reawyn will search the doors at the far side of this room for traps.

[[There are no doors at the far side of the room.  The only doors left are in the hallway outside this room, facing East.  You already checked the door for traps.  When the doors were opened you saw another hallway going North and South.  The group then decided to check the door to this room and when you opened it the creature was waiting with a readied attack. ]]

E10 swallows a potion...

Cure light wounds potion: [1d8+1]=5+1=6

and is healed 6 hit points.
Reawyn will delay exploring further until Gurkagh is done.
Eva picks up her brown card outside and follows Gurkagh opening the doors for him with brown card. She will use brown card until it works on doors.
With Eva opening the sliding doors for him, Gurkagh continues to concentrate on his detect magic to make sure nothing was missed.  They first check the room with the holomap and finds nothing.  Then they move down the hall to the exploding room.  Eva opens the door and suddenly a four-armed skeleton with razor sharp claws races down the hallway, ready to rip you apart!!

Its surprise round was to close the distance with you both...

[Roll Initiative!]

[Image: 0zOAf5a.png]