RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-11-2021, 05:51 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Reawyn doesn't find traps on either pair of doors...

I'm ready to open the eastern door. - she whispers

If everyone is ready she opens the door from distance using the same card she has opened the last door.
E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 gives a thumbs up to signal that he is ready to proceed.
Reawyn steps back from the door 15 feet and waits.
Cin is still readying to shoot anything that tries to attack us.
[OoC: I had already created the map before Reawyn said he was standing back.  So just pretend he's standing beside Eva.]

A long table with various unusual stones and dirt samples heaped on it sits along the southern wall of this room, while to the north a line of metal desks with glowing panels and buttons are placed next to a large humming device. The heart of this device seems to be some sort of flickering sphere of reddish brown mud or dirt. Dust covers much of this room, save for a strangely clean swath between the doors, which leads to the strange humming device.

Then suddenly all your brains are assaulted with telepathic conversation, ~Where am I?~ and ~Who are you?~ and ~What is this place?~ On the north side of the room you spot a medium sized, round plant with its tentacles waving at the party like it's trying to get your attention!

[Image: TMhut8I.png]

[Image: arn8gcB.png]

[OoC:  Anyone with Knowledge Nature may make a check. ]

Eva thinks this creature seems familiar.  If she recalls correctly, this creature isn't even from this world which makes identifying it not particularly easy.  Eva thinks it's some kind of sentient brain fungus.  She doesn't recall them being evil or particularly dangerous unless you call asking endless, apparently senseless, questions dangerous.  They are able to defend themselves with bite and tendrils.  Most of its other powers are mental in nature.  One in particular can blast everyone in the area, causing nausea.
Are the trails of blood leading to it or elsewhere?
While you look at the floor searching for signs of blood, the creature shambles out of it's containment cube, still flooding your minds telepathically... ~Hello~, ~Can you hear me?~, ~Why aren't you speaking?~.  Except for some slight pinkish pigmentation in a couple of spots on the floor, Eva can't see any sign of any blood like there is in the previous hallway.  It's almost like something tried to clean up any sign of blood on the floor.
"We are here looking for friends. They are made of flesh and bone, like us. Or most of us anyway. We don't mean you any harm. What happened here?"

Knowledge - nature [1d20+10]=11+10=21