RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At Eva's suggestion Reawyn examines the shell.

Appraise [1d20+9] = 11+9 = 20
(01-20-2021, 01:14 AM)Gurkagh Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2021, 06:27 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: Essaccus, I noticed you have the Stargazer trait that gives you +2 to identify alien creatures but you don't have any Knowledge skills that would allow you to identify creatures.  You might want to pick up some to take advantage of your trait.]

[OoC2: Can everyone make sure they've indicated on your sheet which skills are from your 2 background skill points per level?  Usually just putting "bg" beside the number of background skill points you've used.  It will help both you and I keep track of your skills. ]

(01-19-2021, 12:01 PM)Gurkagh Wrote: [ -> ]What does Uncle Shimo inform me with his flights to the limit of our light and back?

[Does Uncle Shimo have darkvision or Low-light vision.  If he does, please mention his abilities in your request. ]]
I did that already in the post you seem to have missed http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....9#pid48699 

(01-16-2021, 03:04 PM)Gurkagh Wrote: [ -> ]If we get into a more open cave, Gurkagh will send Uncle Shimo to scout. The diminutive thrush can fly out to the limits of where we can see and with low-light vision can see a bit further, without drawing attention and fly back to report.

[Diminutive, fly 40' average, Ac 17 ; Intelligence 6; Speaks Hallit ; low-light vision; Perception +9, Sneak +14]

[[Those posts are 3 days apart.  With working overnights, I can hardly remember what happened yesterday.  In any case, you should probably post what ability you're using.  It just speeds things up instead of assuming I'm going to memorize your bird's stats. ]]

[OoC: Flying to the edge of your Low-light vision will negate -1 to your spot for each 10' you are closer to whatever you're looking at.]

The bird will get a slightly better look at the ceiling (which is still just a grey sheet of Glaucite) and the ridge that's sticking up out of the sand.  

Perception [1d20+6] = 5+6 = 11

Uncle Shimo spots nothing of interest.
(01-20-2021, 12:50 PM)Gurkagh Wrote: [ -> ]Gurkagh looks for a bone large enough to wield in two hands from the skeleton (thigh bone?)

|OoC remember thanks to his ability it doesn't necessarily need to be well balanced, just heavy]

[OoC: The Femur is 19.9" and have been taken, and the Tibia (the second longest bone) is 16.9" (or about 1.5 feet).  So it would probably be a light weapon, maybe a 1-handed weapon.  I can't seem to find the weight of the Tibia.
Examining the shell doesn't reveal a lot.  You could probably make some shell armor from it.  The shell does have a 5 hardness (even though it says it's hard as stone) and 8 hit points as well as provides the creature with +5 natural armor.  While actual stone has 8 hardness and 15hp per inch.  The adventure does not mention a price for the shells.
We make a mental note to retrieve the shell on the way outr, it might have value as a curiousity at least. Aand we continue.
(01-20-2021, 10:51 PM)Reawyn Wrote: [ -> ]We make a mental note to retrieve the shell on the way outr, it might have value as a curiousity at least.  Aand we continue.

Agree. Let's go.
[OoC: Sorry for the delay]

You continue along the slight path which quickly turns to the east.  As you travel you see a tall ridge that hugs the path along it's north side. 

[[Perception checks please]]