RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cin will begin searching the room too.  

Search +8
[OoC: E10, unless it's a common creature, you need at least 1 rank in a knowledge skill to know anything about the creature.  Since you don't have any ranks in any Knowledge skills you don't have a clue what the creatures could be. ]

Eva recognizes the blue creature as a Akata.  This hairless blue lion has twin tentacular tails. Dozens more thick tentacles quiver and twitch where its mane should be.  You don't know a lot about the creature except it's an aberration, it's deaf and its mouth is filled with invisible small larval young making its bite poisonous to only humanoids.  The other creature is a Weedwhip.  This strange, vibrant plant slowly but dangerously whips about its trio of tendrils with spiked heads.  It has the ability to camouflage itself making it very difficult to detect before it attacks.  Weedwhips are poisonous and will make you nauseous.  You can be exposed to the poison through its tendrils or if you strike it with slashing or piercing weapons.

Everyone is searching the room but it seems pretty empty of anything useful.  Not including the door that you entered the room, there are 3 other doors here.  Double doors to the North and East and a single door behind the desk.
(06-23-2021, 10:04 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: E10, unless it's a common creature, you need at least 1 rank in a knowledge skill to know anything about the creature.  Since you don't have any ranks in any Knowledge skills you don't have a clue what the creatures could be. ]

Eva recognizes the blue creature as a Akata.  This hairless blue lion has twin tentacular tails. Dozens more thick tentacles quiver and twitch where its mane should be.  You don't know a lot about the creature except it's an aberration, it's deaf and its mouth is filled with invisible small larval young making its bite poisonous to only humanoids.  The other creature is a Weedwhip.  This strange, vibrant plant slowly but dangerously whips about its trio of tendrils with spiked heads.  It has the ability to camouflage itself making it very difficult to detect before it attacks.  Weedwhips are poisonous and will make you nauseous.  You can be exposed to the poison through its tendrils or if you strike it with slashing or piercing weapons.

Everyone is searching the room but it seems pretty empty of anything useful.  Not including the door that you entered the room, there are 3 other doors here.  Double doors to the North and East and a single door behind the desk.

Eva shares her information about the creatures with others. 

I prefer to open this single door behind the desk first. Perhaps there is just some kind of storeroom. - She is waiting for Reawyn to search for traps then she will open the door from 15' distance as usually.
[OoC:  How do you want to handle access cards?  Everyone has a brown card and I assume Eva has the Black card.  Do you want to just keep using the black card for every door?  Or do you want to try the brown first then if it fails, you use the black, as a way of learning which doors are more high security and possibly more dangerous. ]
(06-24-2021, 09:27 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC:  How do you want to handle access cards?  Everyone has a brown card and I assume Eva has the Black card.  Do you want to just keep using the black card for every door?  Or do you want to try the brown first then if it fails, you use the black, as a way of learning which doors are more high security and possibly more dangerous. ]

[OoC: the second way, first the brown ]
[OoC: Sorry for the delay.  But I finally got my new PC mostly set up.  Now I just need to figure out how to move the gaming info on my laptop to the new computer. ]

Eva tries to use the brown card first but it fails.  

Assuming you attempt to use the Black card, there's a high pitched chirp and the door slides into the ceiling.  From where you're standing the room is filled with several upright lockers.  Then the door closes again.
(06-29-2021, 03:19 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: Sorry for the delay.  But I finally got my new PC mostly set up.  Now I just need to figure out how to move the gaming info on my laptop to the new computer. ]

Eva tries to use the brown card first but it fails.  

Assuming you attempt to use the Black card, there's a high pitched chirp and the door slides into the ceiling.  From where you're standing the room is filled with several upright lockers.  Then the door closes again.

Eva grabs the black card then touches the panel again but two times.
[OoC: Do you want me to assume you double tap to keep the door open? ]

The door opens.  Nothing jumps out to bite anyone.
(06-30-2021, 07:10 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: Do you want me to assume you double tap to keep the door open? ]

The door opens.  Nothing jumps out to bite anyone.

[OoC: Nope, first time she taps just once. If the new room seems safe then she taps again twice ]

Eva searches the new room and the lockers of course (take20).
Reawyn moves cautiously into the locker room and helps Eva search [take20]