RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-4: Cellars of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
"What did you hear Giant?  I only heard a noise from above.  Could it be that same thing we heard from the library?"

"I suggest Maul and Murkatos guard Merri's body, in case whatever it was comes back, and Giant and I will search the rest of the house."
I have heard heavy steps and slurring sounds like a heavy mass being dragged around on rocky ground.

I agree - he nods.

DM, could it be that same thing we heard from the library? I think it was different.
It was completely different. Rhino stampede implies tons while this was much less, like a metal-lined chest or a large stone object.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk
"If this thing didn't leave any tracks here, we should check the attic.  Let's go."  On the move Lugar stows his finely crafted hand crossbow and draws his magic fighting pick.  "Please let it not be another ghost." He mumbles quietly to himself.

Once in the library he will use his magic rope again to assail the rubble.
DM, what is the result of Lugar's search and Giant's survival (find tracks) checks? If nothing we go up.

I can bet the source of noise was on this level. Maybe a secret door?
Maul witnesses the duergar's prayer and notes,
"Incorporeal creatures don't make noise when moving around."
After a bit of pondering he adds,
"Unless they want to. Rattling their ghostly chains and stuff."
(05-20-2016, 07:35 AM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]DM, what is the result of Lugar's search and Giant's survival (find tracks) checks? If nothing we go up.

I can bet the source of noise was on this level. Maybe a secret door?

Ooc - I was under the impression we already searched all the corridors and rooms but only found Merri's corpse and nothing else. That's why Lugar suggested to go up into the attic, also that's where the last unseen "noise" came from. But if we keep walking back and forth through the halls Lugar gets a free search within 5' of any secret doors made of stone Wink
OOC - sorry I missed this question. Yes, the party searched all the known rooms in the structure but did not spend hours after hours doing so; it would need several hours to take 20 the whole building, floor to ceiling and the party is on a quite tight schedule.
The unseen noise, if refers to the "squad of dwarves" (Lugar) or "rhino stampede" (Giant) apparently came from above the attic and the open space just amplified it. Murkatos can actually confirm that.
As Lugar took another sniff around the corridors he did not find anything new, apart from a few patches of dirt across the corridor; at the southern, collapsed guestrooms; at Merri's room; and at the guardroom. All these patches span wall to wall.
Ahham! We got it, a corporeal ghost who goes accross the wall! He scratches his tongue. Hm, is it possible? ... Witchcraft.

ooc - if Murkatos knows about earth elementals maybe he can enlighten us and we can go back downstairs Wink
"Lets check the attic again to make sure there is nothing else hidden up there, then we go back to the cellar as Giant says and wait for this monster to return.  Besides there are many mysteries and treasures there."  

If everyone is in agreement Lugar well ascend the rubble of the library and examine the attic again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41