RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-4: Cellars of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
I need some.

OOC - The half-human has 60HP after rest. (60/77)
(04-08-2016, 12:06 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]"First things first," Maul notes and he moves to consecrate Merri's temporary resting place for the day coming.

Meanwhile, Murkatos, having prepared his meager allotment of spells, starts repairing the weapons.

"Now, who of us needs healing?" he asks, looking around.
OOC - I don't think Giant should be max and unsure about Lugar missing only 2 or 3hp (note that your sig and your MW charsheet don't match. Please ensure that your MW sheets are up-to-date).

By the time all are ready and feel sturdy enough to proceed the armorer produces three adamantine weapons; two medium scimitars for the orc and the small heavy falchion for the dwarf.

Watching Maul use his magic to protect Merri's corpse, Lugar can't help to wonder if his energies were being wasted.  If they were to all fall victim to whatever lies ahead then what was the point. He shakes the thought out of his head, he will never understand priests. Lugar examines the small heavy falchion, cutting Dwarven runes in the air.  "It will do." That's about as thankful as Lugar can muster.
(04-08-2016, 02:23 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]I need some.

OOC - The half-human has 60HP after rest. (60/77)

I need some.
Maul examines Giant and invokes a prayer, curing the barbarian for 16 points of damage (OOC - sorry Smile )
(04-12-2016, 07:18 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Maul examines Giant and invokes a prayer, curing the barbarian for 16 points of damage (OOC - sorry Smile )

Thanks Maul, you are great.
- pats on his back - Let's go, check that door.
(04-12-2016, 07:30 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2016, 07:18 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Maul examines Giant and invokes a prayer, curing the barbarian for 16 points of damage (OOC - sorry Smile )

Thanks Maul, you are great.
- pats on his back - Let's go, check that door.
"Hey Maul, I got something down here that needs looking at too."  Lugar makes obscene gestures towards his underpants.

Ooc - I was thinking of people i've met that had a 5 in cha and comments like this came to mind Smile
(04-14-2016, 02:09 AM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]"Hey Maul, I got something down here that needs looking at too." Lugar makes obscene gestures towards his underpants.

"Very well if you insist," Maul says with a stern face and draws his morning star into lower attack position, just close enough to the foul-mouthed dwarf for a devastating blow down below but holds the attack, as if waiting for confirmation.
After a few seconds he lowers the mace with a wide grin.

(04-08-2016, 11:09 AM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]"Agreed."  Lugar gathers his things and prepares himself to go back into the murky water of the basement.  Once he is down in the cellar he will go to the iron wall and take his time inspecting it very closely.  Could it be a secret door, he wonders?

Search iron door, take 20 = 27

As the party gets down Lugar begins a meticulous search and eventually figures out that the runes of the relief can be turned around and that they are trapped, despite his search before the rest. He learns this the hard way, receiving a terrible shock from a lightning that bursts out of the trap, hitting the half-submerged dwarf heavily (-19 hp). The othes, also standing in the water, get their part in the shock (-6 hp each).

"Holy smoke," the armorer notes as he gathers back to his feet after the shock.

"Watch what you ask for" Maul growls, with undisputed anger in his voice.

Lugar thinks the rig is still armed and cannot tell how many charges left.
Maul offers a healing light of Pelor to the dwarf and recommends that everyone should get out of the water one way or another. Up to two may fit on the top of stairs in front of the locked door, must find some other way for the rest.
Murkatos offers his protection from energy that would last roughly an hour but he can't muster more than four castings of that spell so if everyone is protected against electricity then there won't be chance to protect against anything else.
Holy shit. Grrr, I hate lightning specially in water. It was enough yesterday.

He goes out from the water mumbling - Water, lightning, water, lightning, water, lightning, always the same, brr.

He will climb up somewhere if he can or he can stay in front of the door holding Murkatos.

ooc: HP was changed
Quote:"Very well if you insist," Maul says with a stern face and draws his morning star into lower attack position, just close enough to the foul-mouthed dwarf for a devastating blow down below but holds the attack, as if waiting for confirmation.
After a few seconds he lowers the mace with a wide grin.

Lugar smiles and gives a hearty laugh at the jest.
(...)
Down in the cellar Lugar staggers from the blast, his spindly beard hairs charred black and smoke rising from the top of his head.  
Quote:Maul offers a healing light of Pelor to the dwarf and recommends that everyone should get out of the water one way or another.
Lugar takes Mauls offer of healing. "Thanks, oooh that hurt."  After receiving Maul's holy power Lugar suggests they try the other door first, to get everyone out of the water and away from another blast before Murkatos has to use his spell power.  He will try the keys they have first then pick the lock if none work.

Search 2nd door for traps - (1d20=16)+7=23
Disable 2nd door for traps - (1d20=13)+14= 27
Pick Lock on 2nd door - (1d20=8)+9=17
Ooc - I rolled to disable the rune trap first but can I wait to use that everyone is out of the water?
Maul prays to Pelor and the divine light heals Lugar of 17 points of damage.

OOC - disabling it seems to be extremely difficult, considering how easily he missed it and then how easily triggered it by accident so let's hold yer horses.

The south door atop the stairs does not seem to be trapped but the lock is quite complex. Lugar can't cope with it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41