RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-4: Cellars of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Not sure we are on the same page.
Giant now has the two big keys and the two hooks are empty.
Lugar says "reset the key". To avoid ambiguity what are the intents of you two?
e.g.
keep key "A" and put key "B" back onto its hook.
put both keys "A" and "B" back onto their corresponding hooks
etc.
(substitute "DIN", "ARM" etc for "A" and "B" as you see fit)
Giant put the ARM key, something happened. So I think reseting the key means get it back (Giant too Smile)
After that (when sounds ceased) he got DIN and ENT keys, nothing happened except he triggered two traps (or a trap two times).

Now Giant has one big and one small keys (ENT and DIN), hasn't he?
ARM is on the hook.
We are in this situation when he goes and checks each rooms, places. After that he will "reset the ARM key"
(03-15-2016, 08:09 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]Giant agrees and he will pick the ARM key, but before he checks each rooms, places (including attic) is somewhere changed something. If nothing was changed then he stays face to face by the ARM key from 10-15 ft and tries to pick off the ARM key with his whip (please roll).

Ooc - I read this as such, we want to do the same thing, find out what made the noise but go about it differently. Lugar guessed that since the noise sounded "far away" yet still in the house that it was a mechanism behind the iron door in the cellar. Giant wants to look through each room "before" resetting the ARM key, while Lugar wants to go room by room listening for the audible clank each time the ARM key is lifted and reset, to isolate the room where the noise originated from. Lugar can continue to examine the cellar while he does this since Giant is taking the greater risk handling the keys.
Lugar was only concerned about the new key that caused the "clank" and doesn't foresee the removal of the other keys as having any affect.
I'm tracking that we have:
MaB key Lugar
ENT key Giant
DIN key Giant
OOC - Oh my god my oversight and you are right. All the time I was convinced that Giant retrieved ENT and ARM.
So by "reset" I thought you both were referring to "put it back" whereas you thought "remove it"...
Then here goes nothing...

Giant can't pinpoint any changes in any of the rooms he visits, including the attic, though with the memory of a mole it may be less than surprising.
He cracks his whip in an attempt to remove the ARM key but misses. (Murkatos and Maul relay the info "heard Giant cracking his whip" to Lugar)

The thing is too tiny and the hook is too sinister to succeed at first attempt. One wrong move and another trap may set off...
Please specify how many times Giant will try; I will roll that many times (or you may roll that many times).
He tries it at least three more times, again, again and again (AC:27,15,32 (natural20))
(03-16-2016, 04:58 PM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]Giant wants to look through each room "before" resetting the ARM key, while Lugar wants to go room by room listening for the audible clank each time the ARM key is lifted and reset, to isolate the room where the noise originated from. 

We can try it. Maybe Giant will survive it Wink
OOC - next time please roll a crit confirm on a natural 20 Smile

As Giant manages to get the key with a lucky lash another lightning surges forward, straight into the half-orc's chest (-13hp) and the barbarian staggers a step back from the shock, barely able to suppress the nausea but remains on foot. He gasps for air and is temporarily deafened by the impact. Still, he can now pick up the ARM key from the debris.

The thundering echo shakes the house, raising ripples on the cellar water as well. Impaired by the booming voice, Lugar hears something a few seconds later but cannot tell if it came from the cellar (he couldn't make out direction nor distance, just a faint clang of the clockwork).
It takes a minute or two until the sensation diminishes into an ambient tingling in everyone's ears and you can hear each other speak again. Maul and Murkatos say they heard nothing over the thunderbolt.
ooc - I have rolled yet, it was critical but nonleathal Smile

Witchcraft - he says and picks up the key from the floor
(03-17-2016, 10:46 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]OOC - next time please roll a crit confirm on a natural 20 Smile

As Giant manages to get the key with a lucky lash another lightning surges forward, straight into the half-orc's chest (-13hp) and the barbarian staggers a step back from the shock, barely able to suppress the nausea but remains on foot. He gasps for air and is temporarily deafened by the impact. Still, he can now pick up the ARM key from the debris.

The thundering echo shakes the house, raising ripples on the cellar water as well. Impaired by the booming voice, Lugar hears something a few seconds later but cannot tell if it came from the cellar (he couldn't make out direction nor distance, just a faint clang of the clockwork).
It takes a minute or two until the sensation diminishes into an ambient tingling in everyone's ears and you can hear each other speak again. Maul and Murkatos say they heard nothing over the thunderbolt.

"I heard something down here."  He tells Murkatos but knows humans don't have keen hearing.  "Was that thunder Giant setting off the trap again, is he alright?... I really need to fix that."  Lugar had hoped that the new key would have "disARMed" the trap but now sees his hopes were wrong.  "Tell Giant to put the key back on the hook and I will listen again. I will come take another look at the trap again otherwise this will be a long night."  Lugar presses his ear against the door, waiting and listening.
Maul and Murkatos relay the message to Giant.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41