RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-4: Cellars of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Lugar carries on seemingly oblivious that he insulted Murkatos. Not only is Lugar ugly but also socially inept. At the portal he proposes to leave Merri's body, hand her sword over to Murkatos, and search her possessions for anything useful to the party.

Along the way Lugar wonders aloud why humans would build such a poor house underground? Dwarves would have built the walls thicker and arched the ceiling steeper to spread the load. Did they carve out these tunnels or are they natural?

When they reach the stale water at the other end of the tunnel Lugar will wade in to dip his head under the surface, to get a good look at what's below and where it leads. Can Lugar sense if the water at this tunnel is at the same depth as the water under the manor?
Agrh, water again. Water always.  The scroll was underwater at the village Olson. Why are scrolls and keys always underwater? Does anyone have more of that water breathing thing we used at the village?

He also stops when they reach the water. He is listening for a few minutes. Can we hear gurgle, flow?
He is looking for tracks near the water.

(ooc - DM,please roll listen ans track(survival) checks)

ooc - Nobody has a bag of holding? :-)
Lugar thinks that this building was built aboveground. Though not mentioned, it has windows but all of them are blocked by rocks. It's as if some tremendous force pulled the house below ground or maybe a mountain fell upon it. It's actually a miracle it's still in such relatively good condition.

Murkatos looks at Maul before reaching for the greatsword of elven make. He tests its balance, seemingly a bit hesitant but not completely inept.

"I can pray for that spell tomorrow if needed" Maul responds to Giant.

The half-orc can't hear anything telltale but Lugar thinks the tunnel remains the same single file width and height as it disappears under water. Whether it's same depth as the cellar is hard to tell; possibly it is.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk
After Lugar reports what he sees he grabs his rope and begins tying it around his waist then says, "I'll scout further if one of you holds the other end, two tugs and I'm in danger so pull me out."
Giant puts down hte corpse and grabs the rope.
Lugar takes a deep breath and disappears from sight... (rest is for Lugar's eyes only at the moment, PM sent)
Lugar gives two tugs on the rope.
Giant pulls him back.
With the help of Giant, Lugar emerges from the water.  Catching his breath Lugar reports, "The tunnel continues about sixty feet with a slight turn then opens up to a larger area.  In the open area I saw two large figures, almost the size of giants, and dim light.  The entire area was under water."  The thought of ghosts and other monsters made him a little skittish, but he wasn't about to admit to that.  "I can go back  and see what those creatures really were and look for air pockets, I just wanted to let you know what's ahead."
Actually, Lugar saw them pretty well to describe in as much detail as possible in those poor conditions, but he could not recognise what they were. They were tall and lean, greenish gray with large claws. His best guess is that they were some lesser giants of the savant variety, though he hasn't ever heard of water dwelling giants. Unfortunately, none of the party members have any deeper knowledge of giants and their kin.

[ooc - it would be knowledge (nature) and while I allow untrained checks up to DC10 it's insufficient to recognise these creatures.]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41