RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-4: Cellars of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Huh, if magic can't help your strength is always with you. - he puts back his crowbar and goes inside, upstairs.
He stays there and spots/listens for a few seconds. 

What is at the end of corridor on the left side? Does it continues right/left after thirty feet?
(04-26-2016, 12:38 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]Huh, if magic can't help your strength is always with you. - he puts back his crowbar and goes inside, upstairs.
He stays there and spots/listens for a few seconds. 

What is at the end of corridor on the left side? Is it continues right/left after thirty feet?
"Truly, but be careful these halls could be trapped."

Lugar steps forward knowing he should be focusing on deathly traps or surprises but is distracted by his own failings and low self esteem at the moment.

Search for traps
(1d20=1)+7=8
The room spans about 10 feet to the right from the door (west) and 30 feet to the left (east) featuring a total of eight stone slabs covered by dust and web.
Having a closer look Lugar notices that there are some carvings on the stones, possibly more runes.

OOC - I'm way too lazy to update roll20 though I know I should. Apologies.

~ ~ #
~ ~ ###########
~ ~_. m M ~ ~ |
~ ~ ##### > ###
~ ~ #...# = #
~ ~ ##### <L###########
~ ~ # _ _ _ _G_ _ _ _ #
~ ~ ###################

Legend:
m - Murkatos
M - Maul
_. - open iron door with hinge. It is a few feet deeper than the rest of the scene (Giant and Maul stand on stairs).
G - Giant
L - Lugar
= - place of iron door (now open) atop stairs
| - iron wall
# - wall
~ - water
> - stairs up to door
< - stairs down from door
_ - stone slab
Too small, I don't like small places. - he mumbles - Hey, spellcasters, come on, we are in hurry. Can you read these?

Giant cleans the closest stone slab with his hand. (oops, lightning? Wink)
The writing is written with the same runes as the key labels in the guard room.
One by one the team finds the following labels, from right to left:
TOGAR
SILENTHOS
LUGANT
PORIN
TIANT
PORANT
SERMOUR
SIRRITH

The armorer notices that the carvings are probably in chronological order, rightmost being the oldest, though even the leftmost one, "SIRRITH" is at least a few centuries old.
Ohh-ohh, are you thinking what I'm thinking? - Silenthos Tiant asks Lugant :-)
Are these stonetombs? We know about SIRRITH, we destroyed his spirit I hope. I have a bad feeling about these names.

Giant touches the TIANT label, specially the first T. He is trying to move or pick off the letters.
The engraving seems to be genuine and indeed, they look like sarcophagi.
(04-27-2016, 12:52 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]Ohh-ohh, are you thinking what I'm thinking? - Silenthos Tiant asks Lugant :-)
Are these stonetombs? We know about SIRRITH, we destroyed his spirit I hope. I have a bad feeling about these names.

Giant touches the TIANT label, specially the first T. He is trying to move or pick off the letters.

Lugar follows Giant through the room, puzzled by the runes on the sarcophagi.  "What is this, some kind of joke?  I'm not dead yet!"  He runs back and forth looking at the names... "Which one is Merri's?  This can't be... it's just some coincidence!"  He looks to the others for confirmation.  Lugar is in utter disbelief but his guts are telling him the same thing that Silent Giant says.  He has a bad feeling about this.  "Maul, Murkatos, this is some magic devilry right?! Our eyes are being deceived!"  He rubs his eyes trying to wipe away the possibility that the sarcophagi named Lugant could be his tomb.

Lugar searches the stone "Lugant" for traps and a way to open it.  He must know.

Search traps (1d20=20)+7=27
Search to open (1d20=3)+7=10 or take 20 unless smashing it will be quicker
The armorer shakes his head, clueless.
"Looks real to me"

The dwarf finds one significant danger related to the stone slabs. If opened, their weight can crush every single bone in someone. Opening them is otherwise simple enough: there are three ornate adamantine bolts in either side of each, one foot from top, one foot from bottom and in the middle. If removed the slab will simply fall and lean against the opposite wall in about 45 degrees since the room is narrower than the slab's height. Unless it breaks under the stress of heavy impact...

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk
Lugar expresses his findings about the stone slabs to the group. Then offers to help Giant open up the tomb marked "Tiant" by removing the bolts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41