RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-4: Cellars of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
So Lugar didn't take the rest of the keys, did he? Which one was the one he took first?

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk
Ooc - I'm an idiot, I thought he took all the keys but see now that it was the first key that triggered the trap. I don't think I'm getting enough sleep lately. Wife is pregnant Smile

He would have started with the top left moving right, so the one MaB he would have reached to first.

Lugar searches for the source of the trap he triggered and attempts to disable it. So stupid of him, he was getting complacent.

Search - (1d20=16)+7 = 23

Disable Device - (1d20=15) + 14 = 29
OOC - Congratulation! ;-)

I don't understand. Why are keys trapped? They were here for daily usage. Witchcraft, witchcraft. - Giant wants to resolve the mystery but he can't :-)
Lugar can't find the triggering mechanism for the insidious trap and cannot tell if it rearms once triggered. At least, the dwarf is confident that he's not safe...

How are the keys mounted? In a lock box or just hanging openly on hooks? If there is a long stick lying around he will try to dislodge the keys, either the whole container or individually, from what he thinks is a safe distance.
It is a wall mounted box, originally locked but the collapsed ceiling broke the door so it's now more like a plank fastened on the wall.

There are no thin sticks around just broken planks. There may be some wooden utensils in the kitchen though.

(03-07-2016, 02:25 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: [ -> ]OOC - Congratulation! ;-)

I don't understand. Why are keys trapped? They were here for daily usage. Witchcraft, witchcraft. - Giant wants to resolve the mystery but he can't :-)

Lugar was caught up in trying to figure out how to handle this key trap, looking for a stick to knock the keys off the hooks incase they were all booby trapped. "This is a devil's house that's why." He responds to Giant.  "I'm sure of it now.  Think about it, this place has been laced with traps, evil spirits haunt the grounds, and the walls are crumbling around us.  It's a cursed home.  Maybe you are right Maul, one shouldn't tempt the Gods.  This place... this place must've angered the Gods to be buried this deep below ground.  But why, what did they do to deserve this destruction?  Murkatos came here looking for weapons... whatever they made must've really been bad.  If all their weapons were made of adamantium and the house still holds magic traps... I'd hate to think of what they could've created.  Sorcerers are inherently evil."  He looks at Murkatos.  "Present company excluded."
Murkatos chuckles the feeble attempt of politeness.
I'm no sorcerer. I am a certified graduate of the Flanaess Academy. As for the evil of those weapons I'm after; I think they are part of a collection but an evil collector doesn't necessarily corrupt the pieces of the collection.

Lugar will just reverse his pick and knock the keys off the hooks trying to keep his distance.
Hey all, I didn't see Armory room here. Did you? Maybe the "ARM" means arm and not armory, what do you think? - he demonstrates the arm with his left arm. So we have to disarm it first.

ooc - Lugar, can you search (take20) the "arm" place?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41