RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: [IC] Chapter 1-4: Cellars of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
(03-09-2016, 11:37 PM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]"No, friend, it can wait.  Not that I doubt your abilities, rather, I don't trust this place. There's still the attic to search again, right?  Our answers might lie up there.  If our searches are fruitless lets smash it to pieces."  

Okay, let's go.

(03-09-2016, 11:37 PM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]If no one has any other ideas, Lugar will head back to the library.  Once there he will examine the room, shelves, and books again.  He's looking for secret passages behind the shelves since someone has gone to great lengths to booby trap this house, logically to Lugar they would go to equal lengths to make a getaway passage.  With books he's looking for some history on this house or who made it, or any clue that might help piece together what other secrets, weapons, or treasures could still be here. (Hopefully they have pictures)

Search Library - (1d20=17) + 7 = 24

He tries to help him (aid another: 3) but he only can to disturb him :-)
The hollow sounds like being there for the mechanics only; like an inch-wide tube within the wall, maybe even less.
The trap is a magic trap, likely this bolt of electricity (at least no clues on other types like acidic scent for poison or minute cracks for frozen rocks) that activates whenever a key is removed from any of the hooks.

Searching the libarary brings up no new secrets. Most of the books are in grave condition and crumble to dust when cracked open. Even those that survived prove to be dull reading like troubadour poems and legends on deities nobody in the team have ever heard of (Murkatos included).
Let's go up. Giant is going ahead.

(aid another if needed: 11) This is better terrain for him than a library :-)
"Aye."  Lugar gets his rope ready for the accent. "After you." He says with a wave of the hand.
"I'm afraid there's not too much to see here," the armorer notes. "I was cornered here though and we all left in a haste so-- let's have another look."

Though behaving in a supporting manner Murkatos seems to be more than a bit concerned about scaling the rubble to the attic again.

The party explores the attic the best they can. With more or less difficulty and through some quite tight passages the four men get as far as above the diner in one direction and above the kitchen in the other. There are broken planks, wooden shafts and rusty iron items all around, mostly agricultural tools or similar. Passing above the guardroom Giant slips and a weak beam gives way to his massive weight. He falls down, though not seriously hurt (1hp nonlethal damage).

As he stands up and dusts himself, his head level with the ceiling, he spots something hidden above one of the last beams still in place; a small metal box about the size of his palm; an inch and a half thick.
I'm okay. He grabs the box and shakes it. I have found something. 
The box clanks when shaken as if it contaned a single, relatively heavy object.
Lugar scurries over to Giant's position. "What have you got there?" Lugar asks, seeing Giant's metal box. "Lets have a look. It could be trapped." Lugar examines the box for hidden traps. "I heard once that the Drow like to leave needle traps laced with poison on unsuspecting items like these. Of course Clan Duergar never worries about such things." He says with a degree of arrogance.

Search metal box for traps - (1d20=14)+7+2(metal)= 23

Disable Device if it is trapped - (1d20=15)+14= 29
Lugar finds a trap indeed that would squirt acid straight into the eyes of a careless inspector.
The dwarf proves to be so dextrous that he can actually disable the trap temporarily so that it's safe to open the box but it's not ruined so he can rearm the trap once again if he wants to.
Inside the box, you find an adamantine key the same size as the key still hanging on the hook labeled ENT.
"Acid in the face... that's a good one."  Lugar says with an appreciative grin.  He gives the key to Giant.  "Shall we try the key on the empty ARM hook?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41